Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Engineer Teams

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Engineer Teams Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Engineer Teams - 5/28/2009 4:46:56 AM   
GaryChildress

Are engineer teams capable of anything special in CCTLD or are they simply infantry teams with a slightly different makeup? I mean, can they blow bridges or set charges or anthing? I notice they have dynamite sticks in their weapons list. But what does this weapon do and how do they use it?

Thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/28/2009 5:02:27 AM   
FeurerKrieg

When they assault, I've seen them plant the explosive - back up - and them blow the crap out of the enemy unit.

They are also supposed to be able to disarm mines, although I haven't seen that happen.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 2
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/28/2009 5:08:47 AM   
GaryChildress

Wow! I've been cutting the engineers from my battlegroups. Maybe I should keep them!

They probably get slaughtered though when they charge an enemy position to plant charges I would think.

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 3
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/29/2009 5:42:58 PM   
emerson

This experience comes from CC:WaR, but I'm fairly certain it applies: My German squad chucked their explosives at a target during an assault and not only was the American squad decimated but so were two of my other German squads that were also involved in close assault. At least it appeared the casualties were a direct result of the explosives, so use with caution...

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 4
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/30/2009 1:28:09 AM   
panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feurer Krieg

When they assault, I've seen them plant the explosive - back up - and them blow the crap out of the enemy unit.

They are also supposed to be able to disarm mines, although I haven't seen that happen.

Ive seen this too! I order assault, they plant, then 2 of them trip over each other backing up and get blown up!...

Gz...

(in reply to FeurerKrieg)
Post #: 5
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/30/2009 1:50:55 AM   
squadleader_id

AFAIK...the way the CC engine works...engineers prime and throw demo/satchel charges (not plant and backup).
Sometimes when you're assaulting...some of the team members running ahead of the guys throwing the satchel charge will get blown up real good...brutal stuff!

(in reply to panzerlehr62)
Post #: 6
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/30/2009 2:43:57 AM   
panzerlehr62

quote:

ORIGINAL: squadleader_id

AFAIK...the way the CC engine works...engineers prime and throw demo/satchel charges (not plant and backup).
Sometimes when you're assaulting...some of the team members running ahead of the guys throwing the satchel charge will get blown up real good...brutal stuff!

I was just being funny.

But sometimes the end result is the same, definitly its a crap shoot sometimes whos going to get the worst of that KAABOOM!.

Gz...

(in reply to squadleader_id)
Post #: 7
RE: Engineer Teams - 5/30/2009 11:53:31 AM   
samarobriva

Yes true but with a support assault team and a good leader team it can be deadly !!

(in reply to panzerlehr62)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Engineer Teams Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI