Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! - 6/7/2009 9:43:22 PM   
GaryChildress

OK. This one takes the cake. Once again on our first battle Rob and I ran into 1/3 deployement, same deal as before. The Germans are in the east 1/3, Americans in the west 1/3 and no-man's land in the middle. Only problem is that this was a beach map and the first battle on it so we actually had the Germans on the beach and the Americans inland.

Rob and I have decided to call off the game until a better patch comes out or something.

Also, we notice that some of my German battlegroups have unfilled slots and no reserves to fill them. So for instance I have a battle group with 9 open slots on a beach map but there are only 6 teams to fill the slots. This is NOT The case in single player. Everything seems to work fine in single.

thrid problem we're having: At Merville, the second battle Germans are missing their mortar team. The mortar team was available in the initial battle and was NOT killed so it should have been there for the second battle.

I'm sending a save game to you Andrew to have a look at.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! - 6/7/2009 10:09:36 PM   
Andrew Williams

Can I please ask you both to re-install the game.

Uninstall your current installation first please.

No one else is reporting all the errors the pair of you are. (please post here if you are)
I don't seem to be able to reproduce the same errors.

If you both start at square 1 we might be either able to nail the problems or put them away as a corrupt installation.

Andrew

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 2
RE: Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! - 6/9/2009 1:40:26 PM   
ifoko

lol

this can not be the solution. uninstalling the game, corroupt installation,... :)

It would be better to fix the errors, instead of giving useless help

Also I am waiting since weeks for help for the multiplayer connection problem see this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2111039

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! - 6/9/2009 2:36:33 PM   
RD Oddball

Ifoko, we know how frustrating it can be to be in your situation and waiting for a fix to something that grinds you the wrong way.  I'm sure we've all been there.  We're gamers too!  Your patience so far is sincerely appreciated and we ask for you to continue to be patient.  The unfortunate aspect of game patching is that any patches we create need to be tested on our end before releasing them so we're not inadvertently creating new problems.  I'm sure you understand.

We're aware of the other report yourself and others have posted and it IS being worked on.  Some of these issues being reported are VERY difficult to replicate and most reported are ones we've never seen before, nor would've seen since often they're user specific.  Having to do with how each individuals computer is set up.  How often one updates drivers, settings on the computer, how much they fiddle with their PC settings, etc. all have bearing on the matter.

Rest assured the issues are being taken seriously and are being addressed.  I know that the amount of time it takes for patches to get done is almost painful as a gamer, since in a gamers world a day seems like an eternity.  I know it's not the exact answer you wanted to hear but it's the current situation.

(in reply to ifoko)
Post #: 4
RE: Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! - 6/10/2009 5:15:45 AM   
ifoko

Hello,

Thx for your answer.

I would be happy with a hotfix of the mulitplayer connections, too.

The problem is well described

thx

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 5
RE: Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! - 6/10/2009 6:41:43 AM   
Andrew Williams

ifoko

Multiplayer works as it should.

You need to read your manual and/or contact your router support hotline.

Some people behind school/university firewalls wilol always have problems... they are designed that way.

Otherwise it's just a case of allowing CCE.exe through your firewalls and forwarding the ports to your correct IP address.

(in reply to ifoko)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Newsflash: Germans Invade Normandy! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI