Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Like you haven't heard THIS enough!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Like you haven't heard THIS enough! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Like you haven't heard THIS enough! - 10/25/2000 1:28:00 AM   
Lurker

Good God WB, I don't know where you guys came up with the idea for this game, but Thank God you Did!! It's more addictive than crack! When I first pushed it into my Hard Drive, I had to call in "Sick" to work the very same night! That "Utah to the Rhine" camapaign is a serious pain in my butt ... and I _LOVE IT_!! I just got by the first scenario, but since I only scored a draw ( darn those MG-42 teams and double darn German Engineers!! ) I've been trying and retrying to get that elusive Decisive!! Thank you SO MUCH for introducing me to the wild world of grognard combat!! You've made one Canadian VERY happy!! ------------------ "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. "<br> -General George S. Patton

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. " -General George S. Patton
Post #: 1
- 10/25/2000 2:20:00 AM   
Latka

I agree, Lurker. My girlfriend went from "oh, that looks like a game you should have fun with" to... "You're not playing that damn Steel Panthers game agian, are you?" Hahahahha... at least she knows the name Try the 1st battle again though, Lurker. What worked for me was to really hit the town hard with arty and push a large force towards it quickly. I think I was "in" the town around turn 12 or 14. The only problems are the German counterattacks. Even though I knew they were coming I still had to deal with 'em! Those Engineer squads are sure nasty though. I'll go up against 2 or 3 regular infantry squads instead, please. -Andy

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 2
- 10/25/2000 2:42:00 AM   
Lurker

Well, at least your getting _into_ the town!! I get about two hexes away with the Airborne, then it's "Braaa-aaap, Braaaa-aaap" and I watch the sections go from 10 to 6 ( or in last night's case from 10 to dispersal, pair of MG-42's { what a nightmarish thought!} ) and the *blinking* route ensues!! I would like to point out, though, that I enjoy reading everyone's posts on how they accomplished these particular missions. I particularly enjoy reading the troops / equipment that they used. Makes me look at my own and wonder if I didn't go the wrong way ( although after reading the post about the individual who did the first scenario with an air assault, I don't think that there IS a wrong way anymore). All I can say ( again ) is: WAY TO GO MATRIX GAMES!! Love to chat some more, but my Shermans are trying to mop up the last of that darn German armor and I've got to figure out a way to punch through that Kraut line. ------------------ "A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. " -General George S. Patton

"A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. " -General George S. Patton

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 3
- 10/25/2000 5:20:00 AM   
Wild Bill

No Lurker, you haven't done anything wrong here. Sharing the fun of your gaming experience is what a forum like this is all about. I love reading the experiences you guys have with the battles. It's a big help in future design too. Knowing what you enjoy helps me plan for the future. It has been and continues to be my pleasure. Keep after it. You'll get that decisive. Of course in so doing you'll bypass the beach fight, but you might not want to go there anyway Andy, give your lady my warmest greetings and tell her she has a sympathizer in my house "War widows." I call them. Good ladies though... we need 'em! We'll have more for you soon, Lurker. By the time you get that one done, we'll have another one or two ready for you. Glad you are enjoying it, all of you! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 4
- 10/25/2000 5:21:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Oh, I meant to say, the Canadians are well represented here, Lurker, including Stuart Millis and Frank Donati. I hope we can get some sort of Canadian campaign done soon...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 5
- 10/25/2000 5:39:00 AM   
Gary7

That's great 'Lurker' another canuk. I also enjoy the game (sim) very much, however I'm currently limited to playing version 3. Keep in there I'm sure you'll get the 'decisive' your looking for... I had to play the first scenario more than once also to achieve this. "Wild Bill" you want to model a Canadian scenario, how about "Dieppe" or "Market Garden" There's also some "? Pocket" where the Canadians after D-day had to clear all the Jerries from the coastal ports clear up into the Netherlands. Man the name is on the tip of my tongue but I just can't get the brain to send the name to the fingers. LoL. Saw these on the "History Channel" a week a go or so. Great channel to watch to get some insight into scenarios that can be written for this game. Enjoy the game Lurker, Latka, and even you "Wild Bill". ;-D ---Best regards Brian R. aka Gary7

---Best regards, Brian R.

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 6
- 10/25/2000 5:49:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks, Bryan! I do, believe me, I do I answered your post about finding version 4.0. You won't be able to play this campaign till you get 4.3 or 4.4 but it is included in the those downloads. Enjoy...Again, the sites you need to get your download are: Tankhead's site: http://tankhead.home.icq.com/index.html And Fabio's site: http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm#downloads BOth of these are support sites for the game and very good websites to visit for more on the game. I hope you are able to get it without further problem...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 7
- 10/28/2000 6:01:00 AM   
McGib

Gary7 your thinking of the Falaise pocket I believe. WB I would like to add the Scheldt estuary campaign to your possible list of campaigns for SP. I had started researching for a scenario from this campaign but I just dont have the time or patience. Nice to see us Canucks here in numbers but then this is a great game so who can resist it! ------------------ McGib Ready Aye Ready

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 8
- 10/28/2000 11:45:00 AM   
Paul Lakowski

Well I've had a chance to play around with the game and the word WOW comes to mind... I love this map editor[hedge rows, rail lines, paths , shallow water vinyards , the list goes on and on]. I can see I'm going to have fun with this one , especially if I can convert my SP-1 scenarios. Great job guys

(in reply to Lurker)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Like you haven't heard THIS enough! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI