Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Odd DC Game Save

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Odd DC Game Save Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Odd DC Game Save - 6/12/2009 7:08:39 PM   
Randomizer

Saving games during Detailed Combats (DC) create some issues that, once known, do not cause too many problems but had an odd occurance the other day.

Saved a DC during the first night turn, the battle was the result of selecting the "Attack the Fort" option from the siege drop-down menu and so the battle occured right at the start of the turn. Reloaded the battle (later after cutting the lawn. Stupid yard work...) losing one complete turn in the process, a seeming function of saving DC's and fought out the battle to a victorious conclusion. No problem...

Game ran through the strategic movement along with another DC but before the turn ended I had to refight the saved battle again from scratch, but less my 2700+ casualties. Fortunately the southern rebel casualties from before also seemed to be missing but fighting the same battle twice was a drag. It was the same battle for sure, identical map, place names and initial Union placement.

I do not recall ever seeing something like this before the patch.

Not a gamebreaker by any means but has anybody got any insights on this or experianced something similar?

Best Regards
Post #: 1
RE: Odd DC Game Save - 6/12/2009 8:16:21 PM   
Hidde

Yes, same thing happend to me after I "Attack the fort". I won the battle (in wich the Union sent in 140000 troops as reinforcement, by the way. Bit of a surprise).
Some strategic movement occured and then I was back at the same battlefield. Only this time with only one of my two corps. The other one had moved as I had ordered it to do.
Lucky for me only the garrison and one brigade from the other side felt like going another turn.

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Odd DC Game Save - 6/12/2009 10:12:29 PM   
oldspec4

Also have seen the same after detailed combat saves, i.e., after reloading the battle is at some point different from the save point. I never played detailed combat prior to the latest patch so thought this was WAD.

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 3
RE: Odd DC Game Save - 6/13/2009 2:03:15 AM   
cesteman

same happened to me once. I didn't want to fight the same battle over again so I just hit instant

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 4
RE: Odd DC Game Save - 6/13/2009 4:32:12 PM   
ericbabe

I will look into this.  I have to admit I don't recall explicitly testing save games in an "attack the fort" situation before.

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Odd DC Game Save Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI