Odd DC Game Save (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Randomizer -> Odd DC Game Save (6/12/2009 7:08:39 PM)

Saving games during Detailed Combats (DC) create some issues that, once known, do not cause too many problems but had an odd occurance the other day.

Saved a DC during the first night turn, the battle was the result of selecting the "Attack the Fort" option from the siege drop-down menu and so the battle occured right at the start of the turn. Reloaded the battle (later after cutting the lawn. Stupid yard work...) losing one complete turn in the process, a seeming function of saving DC's and fought out the battle to a victorious conclusion. No problem...

Game ran through the strategic movement along with another DC but before the turn ended I had to refight the saved battle again from scratch, but less my 2700+ casualties. Fortunately the southern rebel casualties from before also seemed to be missing but fighting the same battle twice was a drag. It was the same battle for sure, identical map, place names and initial Union placement.

I do not recall ever seeing something like this before the patch.

Not a gamebreaker by any means but has anybody got any insights on this or experianced something similar?

Best Regards

Hidde -> RE: Odd DC Game Save (6/12/2009 8:16:21 PM)

Yes, same thing happend to me after I "Attack the fort". I won the battle (in wich the Union sent in 140000 troops as reinforcement, by the way. Bit of a surprise[X(]).
Some strategic movement occured and then I was back at the same battlefield. Only this time with only one of my two corps. The other one had moved as I had ordered it to do.
Lucky for me only the garrison and one brigade from the other side felt like going another turn.

oldspec4 -> RE: Odd DC Game Save (6/12/2009 10:12:29 PM)

Also have seen the same after detailed combat saves, i.e., after reloading the battle is at some point different from the save point. I never played detailed combat prior to the latest patch so thought this was WAD.

cesteman -> RE: Odd DC Game Save (6/13/2009 2:03:15 AM)

same happened to me once. I didn't want to fight the same battle over again so I just hit instant

ericbabe -> RE: Odd DC Game Save (6/13/2009 4:32:12 PM)

I will look into this.  I have to admit I don't recall explicitly testing save games in an "attack the fort" situation before.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI