Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ammo Trucks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ammo Trucks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ammo Trucks - 10/25/2000 8:08:00 AM   
boloka

how do i use them?

Post #: 1
- 10/25/2000 8:38:00 AM   
Latka

I haven't used 'em myself, but I remember seeing something in the manual bout 'em. I think they just need to be parked next to a unit for a turn without incoming fire and they'll reload the guns.... but from what I recall, the higher caliber the weapon, the slower the reload time. -Andy

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 2
- 10/25/2000 8:58:00 AM   
Pack Rat

Yeah they need to be in the same hex or a hex next to it. Both the ammo truck and the resupply target/targets need to be low in surpresion. Ammo dumps work the same way but faster. One full turn must be waited for resupply to start. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 3
- 10/25/2000 9:31:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: Yeah they need to be in the same hex or a hex next to it. Both the ammo truck and the resupply target/targets need to be low in surpresion. Ammo dumps work the same way but faster. One full turn must be waited for resupply to start.
Hi all! Ammo canister work in the same way also. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 4
- 10/25/2000 10:37:00 AM   
skukko

it is also good habit to park your rocketlaunchers within one hex of your ammo truck. In this way your artillery is in use whole time.

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 5
- 10/25/2000 8:17:00 PM   
Kluckenbill

Ammo trucks are by far the most cost effective unit in a campaign. In every campaign I try to accumulate a fair amount of on-board artillery as part of my core force. Then the very first support unit I take in every battle is an Ammo Truck section. I park the ammo trucks behind a hill, protect them as best I can with AA and set up my artillery next to them. You can stack the guns as high as you like, somehow those ammo handlers manage to get through the traffic. The only real problem with this method is that the artillery park makes a really good target if the enemy does find them. I've even taken rocket launchers a few times and they never seem to run out of ammo. ------------------ Target, Cease Fire !

Target, Cease Fire !

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 6
- 10/25/2000 8:26:00 PM   
Larry Holt

In case is is not clear, ammo trucks can reload any weapon with any type of ammo except smoke. That means that you can reload tanks, etc. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 7
- 10/26/2000 1:26:00 AM   
BobP

A little confused, need clarification. Does using ammo truck or dump as described above increase the number of rounds a unit can fire per turn? If yes, is there a formula by type of unit? If no, I'm still confused. Scanned the manual, but couldn't find the answer. Thanks. BobP

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 8
- 10/26/2000 3:05:00 AM   
Zarquon

No, when a unit is parked next to them, it just gets new ammo up to it's starting loadout. Right click on a unit to see how many rounds you've got left. Very useful as arty tends to run out of shells fairly quickly, and a couple of these effectively give you an infite supply of death and destruction. You see, they don't ever run out of supplies..

The past is a fiction created to account for the discrepancies between my immeditate physical sensations and my state of mind.

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 9
- 10/26/2000 3:13:00 AM   
Tankhead

And then the enemy decide to do some counter artillery fire and hit you're ammo dump and ammo trucks, well you get a very big bang and some damages for a few hexes around the ammo dump. And the hex the ammo dump was in become impassible. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 10
- 10/26/2000 11:53:00 AM   
AmmoSgt

I assume that the ammo trucks represent not just a single truck but the spearhead of the resupply chain in a tangible way . if ya read the offical histories of the Ordnance Corp you are going to see we steal anything that rolls from anybody on either side thatis not tied down in order to get ammo forward.... ya want US flak 88's with ammo no problem we stole and distributed whole batterys of them in ww2..... Red Ball ring any bells ..... you got a radio?? call in advance and we will have your order ready ....somewhere in real life TO&E's yer gonna find ammo carriers for high usage units like artilery and such assigned to the unit .. depending on doctrine they will be stockpiling ammo at resupply locations and sending the trucks back for more .... we have ammo prepositioned based on specific units supported and plans to bring what is needed forward at times anticipated by ammo usage rates for that type unit per day per intensity of engagement stuff never goes as planed and folks get cut off and bridges get blown ..yeah and sometimes we are short smoke... but ammo forward is a priority and having that ord detachment handy is a real good idea ...long before M.A.S.H units were pulling the wounded out and makin house call BB stackers were makin house calls... in fact i think one nations OOB calls them supply train I of course prefer to call them casions and we do keep them rolling along...I LUV this game

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 11
- 10/26/2000 12:20:00 PM   
warhead

that was a cool f**kin post there sgt..."yeah get yeah a case of beer for that one"Kilgore.

Backstage at the '76 Mr.Olympia: Serge Nubrut to Arnold "I look like I can take you"...Arnold "keep looking"

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 12
- 10/26/2000 3:49:00 PM   
boloka

Hey thanks for all the tips guys, I had a feeling that they could be quite effective but just not sure of the physics of reloading with them, until now. So again thanks.

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 13
- 10/26/2000 7:22:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Ammo canisters? Where you finding those Tankhead? ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 14
- 10/26/2000 9:55:00 PM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Pack Rat: Ammo canisters? Where you finding those Tankhead?
Hi Pack Rat You can find it in a scenario by Wild Bill Lightning Strikes In Norway it use a special OOB # 86 and you can download the special OOBS package on my web site on the main page. Be sure to back up your original OOBS before using it. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to boloka)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ammo Trucks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI