Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/17/2009 10:33:26 PM   
bbmike

42 and a Nationals fan. 

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 31
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/17/2009 10:37:51 PM   
motnahp

47.....Oakland & Atlanta

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 32
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/17/2009 11:33:31 PM   
KG Erwin

The female gamer question is a good one. I don't know of a single woman who plays these types of games. I HAVE known of a few female wargamers, but sports sims? Not a one.

(in reply to motnahp)
Post #: 33
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/17/2009 11:53:41 PM   
Jabez54

Mates ...

As for me, Later as young man, I moved to Pawtucket, RI - where the Pawtucket Red Sox became a less expensive trip to watch the game, in which I took my oldest son, Ben to see his first game as a five year old ...

Now, living near the Albuquerque Isotopes in NM ...

Tomas

Red Sox Fan since 1967

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 34
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 12:08:01 AM   
dneely

I am 61 years old and grew up in Md just outside of Washington D.C. I was a hard core Brooklyn Dodgers fan as a kid complete with baseball cards, an old Dodgers cap I wore all the time, pennants on the wall and knew the lineups and rosters. I went to a number of Senators games as a kid, saw Maris hit #59 (I think it was 59) in 1961, saw Musial (while visiting in Cincy) and Ted Williams play along with the Yankees at Labor Day double headers. I live in AZ now so I am a DBacks fan now but still have a soft spot for the Nats and the O's of Balt.

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to Jabez54)
Post #: 35
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 1:12:17 AM   
dnelms

Will be 48 next month. Favorite team is the Braves (been a fan since the 70's) in the NL and the Yankees in the AL.

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 36
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 2:13:09 AM   
DonBraswell

DNeely,
When I was growing up I hated the Dodgers. As I grew older I realized that I really liked alot of the Dodgers players. They were such a good team and were always a threat to my Yankees. What a line up they had!!! Many times I wondered how the Yankees could beat them. The Yankee line up wasn't near as powerful as the Dodgers. The pitching was a toss up. Any way the Dodger moved and I started missing them. It wasn't the same with them in LA. Any time something about the Brooklyn Dodgers comes on TV, I watch it. I now realize if it not for Mickey I would have been a Brooklyn Fan.
Best wishes,
Don

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 37
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 3:30:38 AM   
Bigdummie

58 and a Tigers fan. Going to see them play the Yankees in July, looking forward to seeing the new stadium. Been to a few stadiums, Tiger Stadium was the best, PNC is a beautiful place to watch baseball.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 38
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 5:31:10 PM   
Jliven61

Turning 48 next month - BIG CARDS fan, from central Illinois.

J

(in reply to Bigdummie)
Post #: 39
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 6:57:26 PM   
dneely

Hey Don:

"Brothers from different mothers"

Sorry but it seemed to fit. In my case I saw those Yankees many times since I was in DC and they were the big guys when they came in for a series. I'm not sure what it was about the Dodgers that pulled me to them. I was a big defender of Duke Snider as being at least the equal to Mantle and Mays. I loved Campy, the Newk, Furillo, Gil and Sal "The Barber" Maglie (Loved that nickname). A guy not on either team but I loved Virgil "Fireball" Trucks because of his nickname and just how his name sounded. How about Ryne Duran and those glasses that made him look like he would hit anyone who dared to come into the batters box. I used to have a pretty good submarine delivery myself and had a knuckle curve from that delivery that no one in the neighborhood could hit!

I could go one for hours I'm afraid. The Dodgers just had a mystic quality, lovable losers in the big series to the hated Yanks. I just wish I could have sat in Ebbets Field bleachers one time!!!

David

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to Jliven61)
Post #: 40
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 9:34:19 PM   
prisonerno6

Will be 42 in July.

It was August 18, 1975 when I went to my very first MLB game at the Houston Astrodome (as part of our vacation Astroworld) and saw the Astros play the Mets. I saw J.R. Richard pitch a shutout! I became a diehard Astros fan during the 70’s and 80’s. During the 90’s I lived in Dallas and became a Rangers fan. Now I live in San Jose and still follow the Astros and Rangers. Maybe it is because of a childhood memory, but to this day I would rather see a game at the Astrodome than any of the parks I have been to in my life so far.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 41
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/18/2009 11:24:44 PM   
jff1515155

Willow Grove!!! My goodness, I'm 67 love the Phils (for 50+ years) graduated West Catholic in Philly in '60. 20+ yrs in USMC and just seeing the Name Willow Grove brought back sooo many memories.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 42
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/19/2009 1:29:14 AM   
GNDN

Belated happy birthday, by the by, KG.

I will be 43 this August. I was born in the Bronx but grew up about 70 miles north, near Poughkeepsie. I have lived in Albany for about 18 years now. I grew up watching both the Yankees and the Mets, but prefer the Mets.

I miss "Holy Cow", "White, you huckleberry", Lindsay Nelson's jackets, Kiner's Korner and the Happy Recap.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....

(in reply to jff1515155)
Post #: 43
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/19/2009 6:36:20 AM   
fmonster

46 and a life-long Cardinal fan. Cheers!

Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War

(in reply to GNDN)
Post #: 44
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/19/2009 9:59:06 PM   
Nukester

quote:

ORIGINAL: GNDN

but grew up about 70 miles north, near Poughkeepsie

I miss "Holy Cow", "White, you huckleberry", Lindsay Nelson's jackets, Kiner's Korner and the Happy Recap.

Another ex-neighbor!

Don't forget the Schaffer Beer

(in reply to GNDN)
Post #: 45
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/19/2009 10:51:49 PM   
DonBraswell

David,
Sal "The Barber" Maglie wasn't afraid of playing a little chin music, for which he got his nick name. Every one in Brooklyn loved Gil Hodges so much they claimed him as a native son! Only in Brooklyn!!! I also love the nick name "The Duke of Flatbush".
Don

Don Braswell

PureSim Old Timer

(in reply to dneely)
Post #: 46
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/19/2009 11:22:06 PM   
KG Erwin

In reading Pete Golenbock's "Bums", a laugh-out-loud moment was reading about f-bomb-dropping P Kirby Higbe. Ordering from room service: "this is Kirby f*ckin' Higbe, and I want..." Anyway, THERE's an interesting nickname you'll never see displayed in PS.

(in reply to DonBraswell)
Post #: 47
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/19/2009 11:26:55 PM   
KG Erwin

I haven't tallied the totals, but it looks like we're dominated by NL-types.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 48
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/20/2009 2:43:47 PM   
GNDN

That is because the NL plays baseball the way nature intended, none of this DH stuff

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues....

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 49
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/20/2009 3:50:30 PM   
puresimmer

I'm glad I went with the free version now, looks like most PureSim players are about to croak given the average age of the folks on this thread :)

Maybe I need to switch demographics and write "PureFart" for the iPhone :)

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to GNDN)
Post #: 50
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/20/2009 6:32:51 PM   
dneely

Excuse me.....I resemble that remark!

DNeely

PureSim Vet

(in reply to puresimmer)
Post #: 51
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/22/2009 3:51:35 AM   
bugs_raymond

I turn 39 this year in October, I grew up in Montreal during the 1970s and 1980s and I still miss them so much.
The Washington Nationals are no replacement for my 'Spos so these days I root for the Blue Jays !

TTYL,
Travis

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 52
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/22/2009 1:01:38 PM   
redsoxfan99

56........... Red Sox ..................been with Puresim since first version.............. and a Brit from the UK

(in reply to bbmike)
Post #: 53
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/23/2009 1:00:52 AM   
Buzz2112

I'm 43 and live in Kitchener,Ontario, Canada; my favorite team,of course is the Toronto Blue Jays.
We use to have the Montreal Expos to cheer for to but they moved to Washington to become the
Washington Nationals.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 54
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/23/2009 2:26:36 AM   
KG Erwin

Welcome to the Puresimmers from across the border and across the pond.

(in reply to Buzz2112)
Post #: 55
RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? - 6/23/2009 9:25:48 PM   
Max 86

quote:

ORIGINAL: prisonerno6

Will be 42 in July.

It was August 18, 1975 when I went to my very first MLB game at the Houston Astrodome (as part of our vacation Astroworld) and saw the Astros play the Mets. I saw J.R. Richard pitch a shutout! I became a diehard Astros fan during the 70’s and 80’s. During the 90’s I lived in Dallas and became a Rangers fan. Now I live in San Jose and still follow the Astros and Rangers. Maybe it is because of a childhood memory, but to this day I would rather see a game at the Astrodome than any of the parks I have been to in my life so far.

45 and the Astros. Lord knows, I can't give three good reasons why...

Am happy to see Pence and Bourne though.

I miss the Dome too, definitely.

< Message edited by Max 86 -- 6/23/2009 9:27:52 PM >

No problem Chief!

(in reply to prisonerno6)
Post #: 56
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> RE: PS Demographics: Your Age, and Your Favorite Team? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI