Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Default save folder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Default save folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Default save folder - 6/18/2009 9:40:41 AM   
ptan54

Version 1.09. When trying to save for the first time, the engine directs me to My Documents. I can go into the save folder in my COGEE folder, but it's just a tad annoying. Once you do it once the game remembers the save folder. Just a minor thing that maybe you guys can fix for new players next patch.
Post #: 1
RE: Default save folder - 6/18/2009 6:02:27 PM   
ericbabe

I just read a short article on this not too long ago.  Apparently in one of the Windows updates Microsoft changed the default behavior of the open file dialog so that instead of defaulting to the "current working directory" it instead defaults to MyDocuments.  The idea, I believe, is that game save file directories should be located under MyDocuments now so that users who backup their MyDocuments folder will have backups of all their save game files; however, I personally find it annoying when games just create directories in my Documents folder, so I've been reluctant to add this to the installer.  By leaving the new default behavior in place, however, we give people the option of creating a save file folder in their MyDocuments directory if they choose to put their save files here.

(in reply to ptan54)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support >> Default save folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI