Default save folder (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Tech Support

ptan54 -> Default save folder (6/18/2009 9:40:41 AM)

Version 1.09. When trying to save for the first time, the engine directs me to My Documents. I can go into the save folder in my COGEE folder, but it's just a tad annoying. Once you do it once the game remembers the save folder. Just a minor thing that maybe you guys can fix for new players next patch.

ericbabe -> RE: Default save folder (6/18/2009 6:02:27 PM)

I just read a short article on this not too long ago.  Apparently in one of the Windows updates Microsoft changed the default behavior of the open file dialog so that instead of defaulting to the "current working directory" it instead defaults to MyDocuments.  The idea, I believe, is that game save file directories should be located under MyDocuments now so that users who backup their MyDocuments folder will have backups of all their save game files; however, I personally find it annoying when games just create directories in my Documents folder, so I've been reluctant to add this to the installer.  By leaving the new default behavior in place, however, we give people the option of creating a save file folder in their MyDocuments directory if they choose to put their save files here.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI