Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/17/2009 3:26:58 PM   
captskillet

PAGING ERIC......just tried to PM you and your box is full.......empty your inbox........you couldn't be that busy !!!

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 151
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/17/2009 4:01:44 PM   
Erik Rutins

You have no idea... seriously, just e-mail me instead, erikr@matrixgames.com.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 152
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/17/2009 4:58:55 PM   
Andy Mac

Yes actually a lot of Indian units especially the newly converted Cav Regts and Divs that are performing COIN operations e.g. 19th Indian Div at start or are basically untrained (a lot of the Malayan garrison) are considerably below 40 exp.

Units that arrive as trained but no combat exp e.g 18th British Div typically arrive at 40 - 50xp as they are green

Veteran units like the Australian Divs or late war the ME Indian Divs (4th, 5th, 8th and 10th) arrive at 70 - 80xp reflecting there battle hardened nature.

The Indian Army and Aus and NZ militias are in general low exp as the best of their units are committed to the Middle East

Andy
quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: mariandavid

An earlier post raised questions on some of the levels experience could be taken to without combat, and listed in the manual extracts that have been published. I am assuming that these levels (such as the 50 for British/Indian and the 65 for US Marines) refer to units that start on the map. As far as the British are concerned that would be valid - units forming/created/initially present in 1941 are (with a couple of exceptions) 'average'. However I am again assuming that some of the units that appear as reinforcements - notable examples are the 7th Australian, 5th Indian and 70th British - would initiate with much, much higher experience and morale levels.

I'd expect so too. And it'll be very easy to edit, if necessary too.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 153
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/19/2009 8:36:52 AM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: briny_norman

Great looking manual!

Will we be so fortunate to see the PDF version updated as time progresses and patches come out/changes are made to the game?

That is my one big gripe with almost all Matrix games - because support from developers is generally so good , many patches come out and often very significant changes are made to the game and the manual often becomes pretty much obsolete within a year after the release.

So, updated PDF-manuals released once in a while would be a BIG plus...!
Especially with a mastodont game like WitP.

Is it a possibility?

Waaaay too late but my vote would be for a ring binder and for each patch to include a pdf with the changed manual pages to printout and insert (saves printing out the whole manual).

I'm sure all the ex-military types are familiar with the concept though other industries use this concept as well. (My car maintenance manual was updated this way).

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to moose1999)
Post #: 154
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/19/2009 9:34:25 AM   
Cerix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

It's not really an add-on though. It's a separate game that requires the first one to play because we don't want customers jumping into AE without any previous experience with a "monster" wargame like this. The amount of time and effort that went into AE actually exceeds the original development of WITP by my count.

lol, you mean you want them to pay for WITP first ^^

And that's fair enough, but no reason to hide it.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 155
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/19/2009 11:46:44 AM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cerix

quote:

It's not really an add-on though. It's a separate game that requires the first one to play because we don't want customers jumping into AE without any previous experience with a "monster" wargame like this. The amount of time and effort that went into AE actually exceeds the original development of WITP by my count.

Erik has said for a long time that one of the reasons for wanting people to have played WitP before getting AE was that AE is very complex, and may be overkill for a complete newbie. No doubt there are other factors involved also, but this is still a legitimate argument.

BTW, why does 'Cerix' only ever show up either when 'Japan' is banned, or to agree with a dodgey argument put forward by 'Japan'. I really try to like you mate, and i admire the effort you have put into your AAR, and it sounds like you have been a fair opponent with AirGriff, but please, when you are told to back off on certain subjects listen to the moderators. And when you are banned for two weeks, please respect that also.

Thanks.

(in reply to Cerix)
Post #: 156
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/19/2009 2:51:43 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cerix

Welcome back Japan, Erik mentioned in previous posts the price of this "monster" wargame will be cheaper than War in the Pacific.

Common sense tells me there is no way that Admiral's Edition would be sold at a lower price than WITP if it were a stand alone considering the amount of work and detail.

If this is Matrix's way of rewarding the loyal WITP customers for helping shape AE over the years I say good for 'em.

Either way it doesn't matter to me I can recognize the quest for perfection in this game and I'm prepared to pay the cost WHATEVER that may be.

People that work hard should reap the rewards.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 6/19/2009 2:56:47 PM >

(in reply to Cerix)
Post #: 157
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/19/2009 10:18:23 PM   
wpurdom1

Apologies for duplicate posting of two inquiries:
I originally came to this site as wpurdom with the email address (wpurdom@randomc.com) and while I have made multiple purschases I have not posted since mid-2004 and have registered games under three email addresses. Since WITP was purchased under a defunct email address, can I qualify as a registered user of WITP when the manual comes out? (I probably still have my original WITP disk).
Is there any way to reclaim my old comatose identity on the forum as wpurdom, Posts: 162, Joined: 10/27/2000, Decatur, GA, USA? I was moderately active until mid-2004, but then only occasionally lurked until the beginning of 2009 when AE seemed to be approaching. I forgot my password, and the email account I entered under has been inactive for a few years.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 158
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/25/2009 5:28:44 PM   
Flying Tiger

quote:

In order for these aircraft to be added to the replacement pool, there must be an equal number
of aircraft engines of the appropriate type (see Engine Factories, below) required by the aircraft
built (only for Japanese aircraft, Allied aircraft do not require engines) and heavy industry
points equal to the number of engines required. These engines and heavy industry from their

i know exactly what is intended here, but it does sound kinda like the Allies are restricted to gliders!!

(in reply to wpurdom1)
Post #: 159
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/25/2009 8:35:03 PM   
ogg

Can someone post the link so I can download the mannual preview?

Thanks. The link on the first page is just this website. I assume the mannual is somewhere.

ogg

(in reply to Flying Tiger)
Post #: 160
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 6/26/2009 6:31:25 AM   
Flying Tiger

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/579/War.in.the.Pacific:.Admiral's.Edition.Manual.Preview

(in reply to ogg)
Post #: 161
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 7/20/2009 3:33:44 PM   
Kull

quote:

Anything that should be corrected (hopefully there won't be much!) we'll correct in the PDF version that comes in the gold master.

It was gratifying to see that many of my "catches" were incorporated in the newly released manual. Thanks for paying attention! Are you planning to sticky a new thread for typo catches? This one's probably not appropriate any longer as it's for the preview. That said, I did spot a disconnect in the new manual:

6.1.12 (Pg 104): The last sentence states "For greater realism, Japanese subs can be set to use the Japanese Sub Doctrine (see section 2.4.1 Japanese Sub Doctrine)." This option no longer exists, and in fact, section 2.4.1 is now titled "Fog of War".

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 162
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 7/20/2009 4:50:45 PM   
John Lansford

Under section 6.3.2.2.1, Item Load Rate, there are specific rates given for troops, cargo, oil, fuel and resources, but not for equipment.  Is the load rate for equipment somewhere else, or is it the same as one of the other categories?  Or was it just left out by mistake?

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 163
RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview - 7/20/2009 5:38:23 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

Under section 6.3.2.2.1, Item Load Rate, there are specific rates given for troops, cargo, oil, fuel and resources, but not for equipment.  Is the load rate for equipment somewhere else, or is it the same as one of the other categories?  Or was it just left out by mistake?

Equipment is cargo for purposes of load.

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 164
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition Manual Preview Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI