Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Sharks!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Sharks! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Sharks! - 10/26/2000 5:00:00 AM   
Maelstrom

As I was taking a look at the Tulagi campaign, and the great map it's based on i had an idea. Why not create a SP naval mod ? The multi-maps would give you a decent size to play around with for small unit actions. In the aforementioned campaign the author even modeled in working destroyer. A less ambitious alternative would be to create some scenario's which have some decent naval forces in them. I'm thinking having a DD squadron or two would be nice, maybe the occasional sub. Wasn't it Rabaul in which American carrier planes sunk a pair of Japanese Cruisers who were bombarding the shore ? It'd be great to have a couple dozen off-board dauntless's and wildcat's which were carrier based. Or 16 inch. fire from OB battleships. It would be really cool to see a ship-to ship action, or large troop transport ships, instead of just seeing the LVT's and barges start at the coast. Would anyone be interested in doing something like this ?

Post #: 1
- 10/26/2000 7:00:00 AM   
jsaurman

That is a great idea! Didn't one of the German Cruisers get killed by Norwegian torpedos fired from the shore? Was it Prinz Eugen? I can't remember. Na, probably Blücher, I will look it up when I get home. Regardless, that would be a cool naval vs shore battle! You could have a bunch of shore batteries and rail guns blasting away at the ships also.... I wish I had more time, I would make some cool scenerios based on that. JIM

(in reply to Maelstrom)
Post #: 2
- 10/26/2000 4:00:00 PM   
FWH_Odin

Yes, jsaurman, the heavy cruiser Blücher was sunk in the oslo-fjord by the two old cannons "Moses" and "Aaron" (180mm. guns I think) and their supporting torpedo batteries.

(in reply to Maelstrom)
Post #: 3
- 10/26/2000 4:26:00 PM   
Don Doom

Didn't I read or see some where on line that they went down on the Blucher, and check to see if they could stop or remove the oil that was leaking from her. Don

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Maelstrom)
Post #: 4
- 10/27/2000 10:32:00 PM   
Viriato

That´s not a good idea , that's a damn great idea , besides it could give new twists on cenarios , for example the reinforcements would come from transport ships and the landing craft would have to ferry them from this ships to shore while under atack from planes , coastal guns , whatever ... imagine this in a Dunkirk cenario for example ...

A sorte protege os audazes

(in reply to Maelstrom)
Post #: 5
- 10/28/2000 12:19:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Try the Desperate Measures scenario, with the DD Campbelltown jammed into the locks at St. Nazaire. That one is a lot of fun. No naval action, but the Navy is there. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Maelstrom)
Post #: 6
- 10/28/2000 2:19:00 AM   
BlitzSS

I never did understand the explosive’s canister in that scenario, and it would be nice to have an actual destroyer icon that had a line of site to the enemy. ------------------ Old gamers never die; young ones do.

"Nuts"

(in reply to Maelstrom)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Steel Sharks! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI