Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 23 June

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: 23 June Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 8:54:48 AM   
Przemcio231

Nice

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 121
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 11:34:52 AM   
EUBanana

quote:

Well that would be hard You would automaticly be a part of the EU as well

Nah. They can join Canada, Australia and India.

They'll have to learn how to play cricket, though.

(in reply to Przemcio231)
Post #: 122
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 11:57:43 AM   
Przemcio231

And how do you play it?? i thought it's something like baseball...

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 123
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 12:17:04 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

And how do you play it?? i thought it's something like baseball...

You asked for it now...

quote:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Post #: 124
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 12:22:22 PM   
tigercub

Bloody POM`S no wounder they can`t beat us at the game.

Tiger!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 125
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 12:33:29 PM   
SuluSea

If someone thinks the arbitrary figure of $130 or $140 for BOTH games is too much then all they have to do is wait for the matrix Christmas sale this December and buy WITP. Logic dictates a newcomer to AE needs to cut their teeth on WITP beforehand.

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 6/26/2009 12:35:17 PM >

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 126
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 12:43:58 PM   
Sardaukar

Logic dictates that I should already be playing AE as Father's Day gift...sod the manual!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 127
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 4:26:36 PM   
Przemcio231

EUBanana sounds not so hard... well but i like football better or Volleyball:) Well maybe you should have asked for a some Pacific Model for Father's Day or something Sardaukar??

Last weekend my GF suprised me she purhased a HMS Victory kit made by Ravell some made for 200th aniversary of Trafalgar with glue and paints inside and said to me we will be building it toghter I was amazed i gave her the cannons to paint and she spend over an hour painting without compalining Unfortunatly we had only one paintbrush so we could paint one thing at a time and after she did the cannons i did the deck and we had to finish for that day But well she is improving maybe i will show her AE Right now she is playing some on-line broswer strategy game:)

< Message edited by Przemcio231 -- 6/26/2009 4:31:44 PM >

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 128
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 5:29:26 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

quote:

Well that would be hard You would automaticly be a part of the EU as well

Nah. They can join Canada, Australia and India.

They'll have to learn how to play cricket, though.

Not much cricket in the great white North!! All those guys in the fancy white suits get lost in the snowbanks

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 129
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 6:53:22 PM   
Barb

Erik: I appreciate all your work as I know how programs are made (I am IT-Tester junior myself). So there are many documents lying somewhere in your drawer surely.
Few of them could even have something to do with "plans, mandays, effort, statistics" and similar content. If some of them could be looked into and few statistics posted here (of course it depends on Matrix policy - I am just curious)...

Like total mandays (design, development, testing, release) yet, number of added/edited Use Cases, total number of Bugs (by category if possible), ...

Some of the chronical whinners should maybe faint and stop whinning a bit

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 130
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 8:45:28 PM   
Tophat1815

I just like the irony of our game manuals having to cross the pacific as a release holdup.

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 131
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 9:06:31 PM   
medicff

If my memory serves me right, I think Erik mentioned that a slightly better priced packaged deal would be available upon initial release. Just my 2 cents. I am buying as soon as I am able but I do realize the value of WITP whereas those that do not have WITP would have to jump and take risk that game would be worth it. I have been burned before and didnt feel like I had gotten my monies worth. All part of being a gamer I guess

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 132
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 9:49:33 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

EUBanana sounds not so hard... well but i like football better or Volleyball:) Well maybe you should have asked for a some Pacific Model for Father's Day or something Sardaukar??

I am trying to help my impatience by reading "Fire in the Sky" again...and again... And had wife to order me more history books from Amazon for my next month birthday.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 133
RE: 23 June - 6/26/2009 9:56:59 PM   
TheOx

My birthday is today, and no WitP:AE! Come on boat! However, Fire in the Sky and the land war version are on the way

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 134
RE: 23 June - 6/27/2009 1:17:42 AM   
Tophat1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheOx

My birthday is today, and no WitP:AE! Come on boat! However, Fire in the Sky and the land war version are on the way

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And both of those are good books! I may start John Toland's Rising Sun,since its been 15 yrs since I read it last.

(in reply to TheOx)
Post #: 135
RE: 23 June - 6/28/2009 7:59:21 PM   
rroberson

Not exactly arbitrary. Vanilla is 69.99. Erik has stated that AE will be at or under the cost of Vanilla. My basic math skills say...between 130 and 140.

Lord help me if I ever accidently lose my disk or it gets scratch.

Speaking for chronic whiners everywhere asking for more information regarding a product that will take me 8 hours to earn the money so I can afford it is hardly whining. Its being financially responsible (according to my redheaded dictator).

On another note...Printing the Manuals in China? really? For shame.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 136
RE: 23 June - 6/28/2009 8:01:30 PM   
Terminus

I think the "for shame" goes to the domestic printers who can't deliver competitive prices.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 137
RE: 23 June - 6/28/2009 8:16:33 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: rroberson

Not exactly arbitrary. Vanilla is 69.99. Erik has stated that AE will be at or under the cost of Vanilla. My basic math skills say...between 130 and 140.

Speaking for chronic whiners everywhere asking for more information regarding a product that will take me 8 hours to earn the money so I can afford it is hardly whining. Its being financially responsible (according to my redheaded dictator).

Rob, why don't you burn 2 or three more copies? It is completely legal. I have a disk here at home, one copy at work in the safe and one copy at a friends house. I have it copied on all three of my hard disks and one on my flash drive. BTW, these all include the latest patches also. I am taking no chances.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 138
RE: 23 June - 6/28/2009 8:19:12 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

I think the "for shame" goes to the domestic printers who can't deliver competitive prices.

Oh we could get into a whole political debate regarding this. Suffice to say that printers here probably have to charge higher prices to make up for the lack of a marketplace when all the work is going overseas. This country is rapidly reaching a point where we are all consumers...the problem with that is if everyone is a consumer and all the jobs are overseas, then no one is going to have any money to "consume".

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 139
RE: 23 June - 6/28/2009 8:20:25 PM   
rroberson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

Rob, why don't you burn 2 or three more copies? It is completely legal. I have a disk here at home, one copy at work in the safe and one copy at a friends house. I have it copied on all three of my hard disks and one on my flash drive. BTW, these all include the latest patches also. I am taking no chances.

I thought that was completely illegal. :-). Shows what I know.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 140
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 1:03:31 AM   
treespider

quote:

quote:

Oh we could get into a whole political debate regarding this. Suffice to say that printers here probably have to charge higher prices to make up for the lack of a marketplace when all the work is going overseas. This country is rapidly reaching a point where we are all consumers...the problem with that is if everyone is a consumer and all the jobs are overseas, then no one is going to have any money to "consume".

I suppose we could print it in Australia...at least 4 of the "team" are from OZ...or maybe we could print it in merry old England...or perhaps we could have done it in Hong kong...I think one guy was from HK...Or maybe Denmark...Or Deutschland...Or Poland.... Or maybe we should just shelve until an all US design and production team comes along...Or we can accept the fact we live in a global economy.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 141
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 4:06:17 AM   
Tophat1815

quote:

Not sure how WiTp works on your machine but after installation in mine I never had to put the cd in again. Maybe it was from one of the early patches or else it was so straight out of the box,the years blur my memory.

(in reply to rroberson)
Post #: 142
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 10:46:05 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

Ohhh about Football sorry but our is reall and i just wounder why do you call it American Football becouse as far as i know players seldom kick their ball...

It is called "football" because the ball is one foot long.

Post #: 143
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 12:29:35 PM   
Przemcio231

Well now that explains it:) but i still think its a strange name:)

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 144
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 2:03:39 PM   
Sardaukar

I think I'd have paid 5 EUR more instead of waiting the ship to cross the Pacific...or maybe it's coming around the Capetown..

Post #: 145
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 5:47:14 PM   
kaleun

Please let it cross the Pacific!

Nimitz: "Waybe, order all the subs to port!"

Wayne: "Aye aye sir."
Rushes off.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 146
RE: 23 June - 6/29/2009 11:54:49 PM   
medicff

quote:

Well they could if we work for $2 per day. Simple math.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 147
RE: 23 June - 6/30/2009 12:00:37 AM   
Canoerebel

I'm a publisher and an editor and I've dealt with printers in the U.S., New York (that's not part of America, it's Yankee-held territory), and China (Hong Kong).  There is a good printer in Hong Kong that can print high quality publications for 1/2 to 1/3 of the cost of a domestic printer.  That's such a huge savings that many publishers have no choice but to go with it even though they might prefer to go with "Printed in the USA" if possible.  I'm sure the disparity is partly due to differences in wage scales. 

(in reply to medicff)
Post #: 148
RE: 23 June - 6/30/2009 12:04:31 AM   
TheOx

We're gettign off-topic! Wheres the game?!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 149
RE: 23 June - 6/30/2009 1:35:33 AM   
tocaff

The printer is located in Brazil, Rio to be exact.  The workers don't show up on Mondays and Fridays.  The other work days see the workers go to lunch and then the beach, never returning to work.  

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to TheOx)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: 23 June Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI