Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 10/30/2000 6:50:00 PM   
ncpanther

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: And what does "AWOL" mean? Couldn't figure it out.
Absent WithOut Leave. ------------------ NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

NC Airborne Sappers Lead the way!! SAPPERS ATTACK!!!!

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 31
- 10/31/2000 12:35:00 AM   
Skotty

Glad to see I am not the only one out there that have seen "Phoenix" units coming back to life in Multiplayer games. I have also experienced the splitting up tank crew bug to, with sometimes one part of the crew getting back in the tank. Three other things I have seen go screwy in multiplayer games is: 1) Smoke loadouts for all arty is VERY LOW, zero to 16 rounds. One or zero rounds for OB arty btns. 2)Airstikes not consistant between players, both with different attack results. 3) Player 2 arty often falls in the extreme upper left corner of the map, no matter where the fire mission was plotted. One off-topic OOB thing I found last night while playing ANZAC ve GE in 43, the NZ Infantry AT crew has a 85mmL53 gun in the forth weapon slot with 50 HE rounds. I suprised the hell out of me when I first fired the unit.. "DAMN, that is one BIG BOYS AT rifle!!!"

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 32
- 10/31/2000 7:56:00 AM   
rexmonday

pack rat - desertr movement at one hex a turn - are you sure there wasn't a sandstorm blowing, if so the movement costs skyrocket, reducing most infantry to one or two hexes a turn. There is an even harsher penalty for extreme weather in the eastern theatre. Cargo plane and artillery designation bug - if you try to designate artillery with a cargo plane (ie. during setup)or with a unit loaded onto a cargo plane, the program quite often sets the cargo planes destination to the artillery target hex. This can be a useful way to bombard your own A0...

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 33
- 10/31/2000 8:07:00 PM   
Pave

1) F1 doesn't seem to work anymore in the save game screen. 2) Want to know how to deploy a smoke screen? In desert move a vehicle, then undo, move, undo, move, undo,... Works alright if it is not been spotted. 3) I'm not sure if this is still in 4.4, but at least in earlier version you could load normal infantry into cargo planes and drop them as paratroopers. I think that should be only allowed to paras. If you want drop normal infantry you should use gliders, even I think that not many GI would have liked board that thing either.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 34
- 10/31/2000 10:41:00 PM   
Fredde

Sometimes the artillery targeting seems wrong, and for some reason i see it more often when trying to target with other artillery units. If the mortar C0 targets a hex for itself, and then after that tries to target another hex for C1, the target hex of C0 changes. I've seen this a couple of times, but not enough to be able to recreate it.

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 35
- 11/1/2000 2:36:00 AM   
Fuerte

I understood previously that Matrix Games will not fix any other bugs but the replay bug anymore. Do you have more information about this? I'm afraid that if the replay bug is not fixed in the next patch even if it said to be fixed, then even that is not fixed ever.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 36
- 11/1/2000 9:14:00 PM   
Kharan

In v4.4 AT, Inf and AA guns don't lose their main gun shots after moving (MG's still do). [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited November 01, 2000).]

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 37
- 11/2/2000 6:44:00 AM   
Pack Rat

quote:

Originally posted by rexmonday: pack rat - desert movement at one hex a turn - are you sure there wasn't a sandstorm blowing, if so the movement costs skyrocket, reducing most infantry to one or two hexes a turn. There is an even harsher penalty for extreme weather in the eastern theatre.
Ya know, I never looked. Just seemed thats all I got so I assumed... Sorry Matrix not very smart of me, one should be sure of a bug before reporting it. Thanks Rex I'll check it out. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat [This message has been edited by Pack Rat (edited November 01, 2000).]

PR

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 38
- 11/3/2000 4:39:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: I understood previously that Matrix Games will not fix any other bugs but the replay bug anymore
I think these bugs are serious enough to justify another patch - in fact, if they don't do it, the game ends up as all those other games ... bug-ridden and barely playable, but missing the possibility for much more excitement. A.

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 39
- 11/3/2000 4:41:00 PM   
Arralen

Arty Screen: The crosshair-curser isn't displayed correctly .. sometimes all hexes seem to be within LOS, sometimes none. Closing & reopening the window cure the problem most times. A.

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 40
- 11/4/2000 3:02:00 AM   
Billy Yank

quote:

Originally posted by Fuerte: I understood previously that Matrix Games will not fix any other bugs but the replay bug anymore. Do you have more information about this? I'm afraid that if the replay bug is not fixed in the next patch even if it said to be fixed, then even that is not fixed ever.
Really? Where did you read this? The last I saw on the subject was that they would only fix bugs. There's not going to be any new features added. ------------------ Billy Yank I don't define "my own" the way you want me to.

Billy Yank
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
-- Thorin Oakenshield

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 41
- 11/4/2000 4:50:00 AM   
Windo von Paene

I think I have discovered a bug, but can't really tell... E-mail game as Player 2, Germany vs. Ussr, October 1943. In the Buy | Infantry screen, it appears that there are buttons out of view to the bottom of the screen. The last item I can see is a HMG something, (can't remember off the top what the size designation is), and it looks like there is the start of a nother button below that, but I can't be sure...

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 42
- 11/5/2000 2:30:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

Hello, AA kills still aren't added to the unit kill score. ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 43
- 11/5/2000 11:31:00 PM   
Fuerte

quote:

Originally posted by Billy Yank: Really? Where did you read this? The last I saw on the subject was that they would only fix bugs. There's not going to be any new features added.
Most of the bugs in this thread were probably already in the original Steel Panthers 3, and it is debatable if they are bugs or new features. There are so many bugs and missing features in SPWAW, that it would take years to fix them all.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 44
- 11/6/2000 8:01:00 AM   
Alby

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steel Thunder: [B]I had two weird bugs when I played online (timed) game with my friend. We played on LAN. 1. My friend destroy my S0 Jagdpanther, no crew members survived all dies. So S1 Jagdpanther becames formation leader. Then a couple of turns later my friend destroy that S1 Jagdpanther. Then the weird thing happens. TWO crews escaped from destroyed vehicle. One was formation leader crew and the other was "ordinary" crew. 2. My fried destroy my PSW armored car on my turn. No crew members survived. Excatly in the same moment when the vehicle blows up there appears undamaged PSW in the same hex where the wreck is! When that reborned PSW destroyed on my next turn same thing appened. I think that is just fine, now I can have immortal army of King Tigers! I think these bugs happened only in online games, I haven't had nothing like these in solitary games. Steel Thunder that happened all the time playing sp3 online I believe its just a lag problem between computers, cant do anything about it if so... we called them vampires (the units that come back to life)

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 45
- 11/6/2000 8:07:00 AM   
Alby

) I'm not sure if this is still in 4.4, but at least in earlier version you could load normal infantry into cargo planes and drop them as paratroopers. I think that should be only allowed to paras. If you want drop normal infantry you should use gliders, even I think that not many GI would have liked board that thing either. Yep its still in 4.4, dropped regular troops from cargo planes

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 46
- 11/6/2000 7:14:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Via my latest catastrophic attempt at Utah to the Rhine, I confirmed that reinforcements requested during the opening scenario have been joined to the core force for the subsequent scenario. The AUX forces stayed put (too bad, coulda used all those Airborne guys) My understanding was that reinforcements were only supposed to be part of the scnario in which they were requested, but maybe I'm reading things wrong?

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 47
- 11/6/2000 7:33:00 PM   
steel

When enemys troops or tanks are to same hex whit my troops and i shoot them. Often my own troops take supression and disappering. That is not realistic ! This is definletly a bug.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 48
- 11/6/2000 7:47:00 PM   
Fredde

In addition to my earlier bug posting. Now i figured out how to recreate the error. Spot for artillery bombardment with mortar unit B0, assign itself (B0) to a target hex. Target another hex for the (B1) mortar unit, and the target hex for unit (B0) will be changed to that hex as well. Something like that anyway

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 49
- 11/6/2000 11:39:00 PM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by steel: When enemys troops or tanks are to same hex whit my troops and i shoot them. Often my own troops take supression and disappering. That is not realistic ! This is definletly a bug.
Well, actually it is realistic and not a bug. Bullets flying around a small area of 50 meters across will not hit only enemy troops. That is what friendly fire is all about. Your own troops see the bullets flying at them and get nervous (surpressed) just as they would if the enemy had fired them. You can even kill your own troops sometimes. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 50
- 11/7/2000 12:32:00 AM   
Tortfeasor

Is it posible to uppdate SPWAW so that you chould record the hole battle and replay it after the battle.

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 51
- 11/7/2000 1:18:00 AM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Originally posted by steel: When enemys troops or tanks are to same hex whit my troops and i shoot them. Often my own troops take supression and disappering. That is not realistic ! This is definletly a bug.
Do you shoot with the troops in the hex with the enemy or with a unit outside the hex? Automatic fire really pumps out some bullets and casualties could realisticly happen if a unit were shooting into the hex. ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 52
- 11/7/2000 4:23:00 PM   
Vonbrown

I have downloaded the complete game from Games Domain. It says the 4.0 version on Matrix website, but is 4.4 after download. after installation which seemed to go smooth, I would click on the SPWAW icon on my desktop, and the autorun menu would appear. Choosing to play the game, the credits run and then nothing, I end up back at the desktop with the autorun menu. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing works. Previous versions have had no problem. Did I do something wrong? ------------------

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 53
- 11/7/2000 9:40:00 PM   
Fredde

In online games sometimes the action isn't showing to the opponent. This has happened to me mainly with auxilliary reinforcement troops. Until they arrive it seems to work nicely. Units get destroyed without any notice of what is happening, or any sign of who and what is firing. The unit just disappears (note, both units are perfectly visible to each other, front vs front so no spotting problems or things like that).

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 54
- 11/8/2000 9:07:00 PM   
Windo von Paene

I know this, or variations of this have been posted before, though not in this thread, so here goes. PBEM game, Germ vs. Russia At end of turn, russian airstrike is coming in. All of the enemy units were revealed while the plane was flying in. Also, interestingly, while this was happening, my russian units appeared to disappear. I only hope there still there when I get my turn back...

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 55
- 11/8/2000 9:21:00 PM   
Tortfeasor

Is it posible to uppdate SPWAW so that you chould record the hole battle and replay it after the battle.

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 56
- 11/8/2000 10:17:00 PM   
Fuerte

No, you can't even replay the last turn correctly (only shots, no movement at all, and even that is not working in 4.4).

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 57
- 11/8/2000 11:03:00 PM   
David F. Wall

Well, I suppose that modification would be possible, but it would probably be more work than it would wise for Matrix to undertake, and the result would consume staggering amounts of disk space unless on the fly compression were implemented. That probably wouldn't be that hard (employing the freely-distributable and resuable zlib from the Free Software Foundation) but that's even more work. I don't speak for Matrix, of course, but I think the company is taking a position, though it's not yet been explicitly stated, that SPW@W is feature-frozen. That's not to say they shouldn't continue to fix things, but I think any significant new functionality is probably not possible.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 58
- 11/9/2000 2:25:00 AM   
ARIS

I am playing a pbem game, and after calling reinforcements, and after 1-2 turns when they were supposed to arrive, the program reported "ERROR: can't place reinforcements on hex 99,x" or something similar for each one of the reinforcement troops. I can see the troops at my HQ menu, and I can click them. But they are not at the map. The reinforcements I ordered are: partizans, T-34M42 and something else I don't remember. And I guess I have the 20% pts penalty.

Burn the beds, kill the bedbugs.

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 59
- 11/9/2000 8:49:00 AM   
Kharan

quote:

Originally posted by ARIS: I am playing a pbem game, and after calling reinforcements, and after 1-2 turns when they were supposed to arrive, the program reported "ERROR: can't place reinforcements on hex 99,x" or something similar for each one of the reinforcement troops. I can see the troops at my HQ menu, and I can click them. But they are not at the map.
This means that the map has no reinforcement hexes. It can happen when you create your own map and forget to place them or when you modify victory hexes of an existing map from Deploy editor 1, after which the hexes don't get saved properly and get reset by battle generator. Sometimes in this process the reinforcement hexes are left out completely. It shouldn't happen if you use only player 2 Deploy editor. I don't think it happens in totally random maps and scenarios. [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited November 08, 2000).]

(in reply to Arralen)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI