Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/31/2002 9:56:16 AM   
Dunedain

Since there are some people from Hong Kong here...

I just had to say that Chow Yun-Fat is one of the coolest guys
in the world. :)

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 31
- 6/2/2002 11:48:32 AM   
NWB

Ordered two copies from Hong Kong. Placed order on Tuesday and received on Friday. No additional cost except the shipping cost of UPS (USD25). Order number MTX55349.

Post #: 32
- 6/5/2002 12:07:53 AM   
Nixuebrig

In germany the value of the programm is taxed and the costs UPS has to the time it FIRST reaches germany.

Example. UV cost 50 $, for simple maths this is 50 Euros.
UPS has delivery costs of 20 EUR, 15 until germany and 5 in germany.

This means 55 EUR are taxed with the 16% so you would have to pay 63,80 EUR for all, 8,8 EUR taxes.

You get a letter from the Zoll(german tax ) which UPS MUST give you. They also MUST give you something to see if they calculated their shipping costs right(for tax purposes). If they can´t give you thes two, you didn`t have to pay the taxes, as this is the evidence you really paid them and the government can tax them a second time, if you can`t show you paid the taxes.
As a private person you have to pay it, as a company you can get it back from the government after you have paid it.

Think this system doens`T differ much in other countries.

Greg

in german:
http://www.bundesfinanzministerium.de/Service/Lexikon-Steuern-A-Z-.580.1245/Einfuhrumsatzsteuer.htm

Post #: 33
- 6/7/2002 6:33:03 PM   
Didz

David Hatch UK

Yes! I paid a brokerage fee on both the shipments I received which made your games extremely expensive compared to other suppliers.

10/5/2002 MTX54386 UK Tax £8.54 UPS Brokerage £10.00

15/5/2002 MTX54385 UK Tax £8.93 UPS Brokerage £10.00 Duties? 0.49

As you can see the brokerage fee is far higer than the tax payable.

By comparison the UK Royal Mail collect tax payable without charging any fee for doing so.

Didz
Fortis balore et armis

Post #: 34
*|!"/$/$% UPS - 6/8/2002 9:52:13 PM   
mariovalleemtl

UPS told me; - "Matrix should have pay 2.00$ more for air mail to Canada. That way, you (me) would have save 35.00$ in (­~¾$¼²¦¤£) brokerage".

I also wont to buy Korsum Pocket, Napoleon war, etc. [COLOR=deeppink]NO WAY[/COLOR] I pay a penny more for UPS. I remember Sid Meier's Antietam was the same mess and everybody was mad.

Hope you guys will do somethings about that :confused:

Post #: 35
- 6/8/2002 10:31:00 PM   
David Heath

Matrix Games and UPS have reached an agreement. Customers will not be charge any more brokeage fees starting Monday.

UPS is also setting up a special system for our International orders that will have all duties and taxes included in the shipping price once when the order is replaced. This means that customers will not be charge any extra fees when the package arrives. We will let everyone know when this is also in place.

If you are ordering our games overseas PLEASE check out our dealers at http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/dealers.php

I stated this before but I feel I need to say it again. Credit Card banks will not allow us to take charges and ship items that do not include a shipping method with out full tracking.

Once again thank you for your support.

David

Post #: 36
- 6/10/2002 10:00:25 PM   
Chris21wen

Thanks for the info, but this site http://www.store4war.com/ isn't any use unless you read French. Its list as suitable for French and England).

Post #: 37
- 6/12/2002 12:55:49 AM   
David Heath

The do ship to England was more the point. Like we said there are a few choice and the best choice is to look them over and pick the one you like best.

David

Post #: 38
UPS charges - 6/18/2002 1:52:39 AM   
JJJ

Hi,

I've ordered UV the 5th of June and paid with credit card 49,99 USD + 28,95 USD.

Today I received a letter from UPS asking for an additional 76,14 € to deliver the game. What UPS is asking is close to what I paid for the game plus Shipping and Handling :confused: .

My order number is #MTX55534.

Matrix, could you please check into this? I don't mind paying for games, but I mind to pay so much for shipping a CD!

I'll wait for your reply before I pay anything to UPS.

Thanks,

JJJ

Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI