Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production - 7/29/2009 11:14:42 PM   
Prince Henry

Greetings furum members...

First let me tell you I'm playing WITP Vs AI since 2005 (my professional life does not allow me to enter in PBEM games) and this is my first post in here even if I'm following this foruns since then...

Regarding early Japanese army fighters from what I could see it makes sense to switch on day one all Ki-27b factories to Ki-43-Ic.

He have at start 528 Ki-27b in the squadrons plus 39 in the pool. We get 522 Ki-27b planes to arrive in new squadrons.

Meaning we will not need to produce any more Ki-27b and instead should increase the Ki-43-Ic wich is a better fighter. As time goes by start upgrading the Ki-27b to Ki-43-Ic.

Does this makes sense to Japanese production experts around here or I'm I forgetting something?

P.S. This game is OUTSTANDING

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production - 7/29/2009 11:39:40 PM   
Iridium

I simply stopped all ki-27b production mainly due to my being unsure of how plane factories act now and the amount of supply that would be consumed in converting them to Ki-43-Ic manufacturing.

Yamato, IMO the best looking Battleship.

"Hey, a packet of googly eyes! I'm so taking these." Hank Venture

(in reply to Prince Henry)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production - 7/30/2009 8:06:34 AM   
Prince Henry

The Ki-27b is not upgrading to anything so sooner or later we should need to switch the manufactoring of the type... On WITP if I recall the factorys of Ki-27 upgraded to Ki-43 on 1st January 1942. That seems is no longer the case in AE...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Iridium)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production - 7/30/2009 12:46:28 PM   
timtom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince Henry

He have at start 528 Ki-27b in the squadrons plus 39 in the pool. We get 522 Ki-27b planes to arrive in new squadrons.

The 522 figure is the max strength of air units with the Ki-27 as their starting equipment. The actual number of Ki-27's you get for "free" is 70, 3/4 of which in '45.

Where's the Any key?

Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production - 7/30/2009 1:32:35 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prince Henry

Greetings furum members...

First let me tell you I'm playing WITP Vs AI since 2005 (my professional life does not allow me to enter in PBEM games) and this is my first post in here even if I'm following this foruns since then...

Regarding early Japanese army fighters from what I could see it makes sense to switch on day one all Ki-27b factories to Ki-43-Ic.

Meaning we will not need to produce any more Ki-27b and instead should increase the Ki-43-Ic wich is a better fighter. As time goes by start upgrading the Ki-27b to Ki-43-Ic.

Does this makes sense to Japanese production experts around here or I'm I forgetting something?

P.S. This game is OUTSTANDING

I believe that we must continue Ki-27 production for some time (not sure how long) because losses will have to be replaced. Also, I plan on increasing Oscar production to allow the constant upgrade of Nate daitai to Oscars. Eventually, Nate production will stop (and those factories will convert to Oscar (or something else, depending on circumstances). My goal is to eventually have ~200 or so Nates in the pool. Note that the pool will be replenished mainly by upgrade of Nate daitai and not production. I think that production needs to maintain the Nate units until they are upgraded.

Edit: Eventually I'll use Nates for on map training and rear area security (Manchuoko).

< Message edited by Mike Solli -- 7/30/2009 1:33:25 PM >

Created by the amazing Dixie

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese Early Army Fighters - Production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI