Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Physical Shipment Status

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/3/2009 11:00:59 PM   
USSAmerica

"Just saying" over and over and over is either arguing or trolling. 

Osprey, I'm very glad to have you as a wargame and WitP fan.  There are not enough young folks who take an interest in history and long term planning.  Please don't spoil it by acting much younger than you are.   

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 121
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/3/2009 11:07:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

Osprey,

With all due respect, while I understand your frustration, I think it's misplaced.

Everyone else,

So the good news is that the UK warehouse is busily fulfilling back orders.

The bad news is that we've been chasing after the US situation all day and found out late this afternoon that the trucking company that was supposed to take the manuals the few miles to our warehouse never showed up. Why this took all day to discover is another question. The labels are in the warehouse, we're now guaranteed that the manuals will join them tomorrow morning. We're pretty darn sure they labels will be on the manuals by the end of the day. If we're lucky, Customs will approve them on Wednesday so we can ship them out on Thursday, but at this point I'm no longer assuming anything as we have had more "murphyisms" with the delivery of these manuals so far than any other printed manuals we've ever dealt with.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 122
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/3/2009 11:18:33 PM   
Crimguy

Uh huh. The shipping version of "My dog ate my homework."

I'm kidding. I'm sure this is driving you nuts.

I accidentally printed the manual to my suite-mate's computer today. Pity it was a color laser printer
quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The bad news is that we've been chasing after the US situation all day and found out late this afternoon that the trucking company that was supposed to take the manuals the few miles to our warehouse never showed up. Why this took all day to discover is another question. The labels are in the warehouse, we're now guaranteed that the manuals will join them tomorrow morning. We're pretty darn sure they labels will be on the manuals by the end of the day. If we're lucky, Customs will approve them on Wednesday so we can ship them out on Thursday, but at this point I'm no longer assuming anything as we have had more "murphyisms" with the delivery of these manuals so far than any other printed manuals we've ever dealt with.

Regards,

- Erik

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 123
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/3/2009 11:20:35 PM   
V22 Osprey

Argh, just forget.

I understand you guys want to take sides, but I when I post 99% of time I'm not shouting or yelling.Fine, call it trolling.

Now erik is telling me it won't ship until thursday at best.I'm probably not going to see this until next month...

Ok, I'll STFU now.Don't worry.

Art by rogueusmc.

Post #: 124
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:48:25 AM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: V22 Osprey

Argh, just forget.

I understand you guys want to take sides, but I when I post 99% of time I'm not shouting or yelling.Fine, call it trolling.

Now erik is telling me it won't ship until thursday at best.I'm probably not going to see this until next month...

Ok, I'll STFU now.Don't worry.

Your sixteen and I'm 66. You'll be getting to play long after I'm gone. Now that's what I call unfair. Besides, by the time you get it a patch may be short coming and you will not have wasted all that time only to start over. I have had the game for a week and I am still looking over the data bases and trying to learn all the new terminology.

Maybe you can get Erik to email you a copy of the manual file that was available to us WITP original owners. In that way you would almost catch up with many people here on the board.

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 125
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 1:14:01 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Osprey,

With all due respect, while I understand your frustration, I think it's misplaced.

Everyone else,

So the good news is that the UK warehouse is busily fulfilling back orders.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik for what it's worth , I've been very impressed with the way you and your staff have dealt with , and over come the difficulties that Murphy has thrown you. I feel that you guys have gone way above and beyond the call of duty. Please keep in mind , that for every impaitient "youngster", you have many satified and appreciative customers. Thank you.

Post #: 126
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 1:20:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

Thanks, I would be far happier if you guys had the boxed games in your hands. I'm just trying to keep you all informed that we are doing everything we can, which granted is a poor substitute for having your copy in hand, but there are only so many things in this world we can change or directly affect. We're doing everything we can given the circumstances.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 127
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 2:21:41 AM   
AttuWatcher

I have the luxury of not needing to be in a rush to get my physical copy but I want to thank you for being honest and keeping us informed Erik.

I wish there was something I could do to help the others...

Post #: 128
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 3:37:18 AM   
V22 Osprey

Ok, ok, I get it.

And why do you guys holding my age against me?I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I was calling you guys ''old'' all the time.

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to AttuWatcher)
Post #: 129
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 3:44:37 AM   
Curious

I'd rather be old than immature. But that's just me.

CB

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 130
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 3:54:29 AM   
V22 Osprey

Ok, lets make this right.

In all seriousness I'm sorry.

You can call me immature, whatever, but lets just put this behind us....

All I want is the game....

< Message edited by V22 Osprey -- 8/4/2009 4:08:42 AM >

Art by rogueusmc.

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 131
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 7:58:46 AM   
Hagleboz

Osprey, as USS America said, I think most of us are glad to see someone your age showing a lot of interest in this game.  I too can remember waiting in agony for certain Nintendo games to release back when I was your age, and no one is faulting you for being disappointed, we all would be too in your shoes.  The reason you are getting flak is not because you are young, it's because you are acting like it and making a big scene over something that Eric and Matrix have no control over.  They are being completely open and honest about the process which I'm sure is actually a bigger disappointment to them than it is to you. 

Remember this is their livelihood, for you and I it's just a game.  For them this process is costing them money, maybe customers, through no fault of their own, and they seem like they are doing their best to correct the situation.  Others are complaining about the whole printer in China thing, yet what choice does Matrix have?  Everyone and their mother are already whining about the price, I wonder what would they be screaming if the price was $15 or more higher because Matrix used a US printer for the manual.  Not trying to play the part of Matrix Fanboy, mostly I'm just a dedicated daily lurker, but it irritates me when companies actually try to do the right thing and still get flak from fickle customers who refuse to put themselves in other's shoes.  As wargaming grognards most of us look down our noses at most of the other "simpletons" in the gaming world, yet oftentimes I see wargamers (many in their 40's and older) crying like spoiled brats about everything that doesn't go their way.  It's embarrasing sometimes.  If we are so supperior then maybe we should actually act like it sometimes.  Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.  Eric thanks for being open and frank with us.

< Message edited by Hagleboz -- 8/4/2009 8:12:06 AM >

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 132
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 8:56:38 AM   
davidgillsol

Eric

Just to let you know that my physical copy arrived this morning in the UK- so just drooling over the manual- ( i had resisted the temptation to print off the download manual... but was getting weaker and weaker....)

(in reply to Hagleboz)
Post #: 133
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 9:04:04 AM   
Speedysteve

Oooooh. Lucky Lord Sundy! Speedy hasn't received his yet (or any shipping notification) but he's not concerned since he has his downloaded copy!

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to davidgillsol)
Post #: 134
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 11:34:50 AM   
Sonny II

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curious

CB

Nothing saying those are mutually exclusive!

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 135
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 11:43:11 AM   
steveh11Matrix

My "Physical Shipment" (aka "insurance backup that comes with lovely printed manual") has just this moment arrived. Now pardon me while I do a little reading...

Steve.

"Nature always obeys Her own laws" - Leonardo da Vinci

(in reply to Sonny II)
Post #: 136
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:08:25 PM   
John Lansford

Erik,

Rest assured that 99% of us understand that these things happen from time to time, and are willing to wait for our physical copies a few days more (especially since most of us already have digital copies).  We appreciate your hard work and keeping us informed as to what is going on.

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 137
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:13:19 PM   
Speedysteve

Agreed

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 138
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:14:45 PM   
m10bob

Well....let's take stock of the matter.........Matrix provides the forum for free, (we choose on our own to contribute good things or make an ass of ourselves)............Matrix was slow to release as they wanted to iron out as much as possible and still be able to turn some kind of profit with limitations of diminishing returns being threatened on them............Matrix allowed us to download the entire manual ahead of time............Matrix offered alternate modes of acquisition, (the decision on how the player gets the game is one of personal, responsible choice.).......Our friends in U.S.Customs intervened in a way NOBODY might have predicted,(Sorry to my buddies in that service)..........Now.....am I missing anything? Oh, yeah, those of us who chose to download have been playing the game for several days now.....(I will wait for the manual, cd, etc..)

(in reply to steveh11Matrix)
Post #: 139
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:15:32 PM   
Speedysteve

Agreed

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 140
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:39:23 PM   
RevRick

quote:

Hey.. you're not immature, you are young. If you were immature you wouldn't even be looking at this game. But being young has some advantages and disadvantages. Youth has a whole lot of stuff that comes with it, most of it very good. For one, you have all of the joy of discovering the exuberance of living. For another, you aren't jaundiced by a lot of years of putting up with just this kind of stuff we have discussed on this forum. Some of us have put up with it for 40-50 years. And speaking of years, you've more than those ahead of you to enjoy and learn. I for one, don't have that many years left to explore some things I am just beginning to find, and some things I have had questions about for decades.

But also with youth can come impatience. In that way, I still think I am young as well. But, I have learned that fussing and fuming only raises my blood pressure and doesn't do one thing about it. When I can complain, I will. When it doesn't do a bit of good - well, find something else to do - there's ALWAYS something else that will fill time, or allow you to use time, either profitably or frivilously. Fretting is a frivilous waste of time. I think America was right - it is good for us Antique Flatulent Ones to see a young'un take an interest in our passion. Just don't let it become an obsession.

Now, back to obsessing about the missing infantry in a calvary regiment I found in the locations data base. Now, where did they go. Ummm, Erik...
why doesn't item #2390 USA Mechanized Cav Rgt have any infantry in it? I am waiting, patiently. Hurry up. Get with it, now.....

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 141
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:41:13 PM   
moonraker65

Agreed +2. Patience is a virtue and I don't mind waiting for the physical copy to arrive. I downloaded as well and have enjoyed every minute so far. It will get here when it gets here.

(in reply to Speedysteve)
Post #: 142
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 12:42:14 PM   
Feltan

quote:

All behind us.

In the mean time, why don't you do something like .... I don't know .... chase girls or something. I seem to recall a few decades ago that I spent a lot of time doing that when I was sixteen.

In fact, I recall an episode in the late '70's waiting for the vaunted UPS truck to deliver War in the East/War in the West -- the old fashion map and counter game. The game was late, UPS was late, and my buddies and I were quite frustrated. We spent a lot of time with g/f's while waiting.

After the game finally arrived, I recall a phone call with said g/f where she noted that I and my buddies were in school every day, but for some odd reason we were all under the weather for a few weekends straight. She was convinced that we all had some illness that we kept passing around to each other. I concurred.

Regards,
Feltan

(in reply to V22 Osprey)
Post #: 143
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 1:00:51 PM   
Joseph_Nevsky

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

Erik,

Rest assured that 99% of us understand that these things happen from time to time, and are willing to wait for our physical copies a few days more (especially since most of us already have digital copies).  We appreciate your hard work and keeping us informed as to what is going on.

I´m agree, too

I´m waiting also for my physical copy, but meantime I´m enjoynig this huge game with my digital download.
(If UK warehouse stocks for Spain, I hope my physical copy will arrive soon. So, let´s try to be patient and wait a few days ).

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 144
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 1:15:02 PM   
tocaff

Well each day brings us closer to the shipment of the game.  It really doesn't matter as it's already on my computers and the manual is printed and read.  Thanks for the info Erik.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to Joseph_Nevsky)
Post #: 145
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 2:15:27 PM   
Temple

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feltan
In fact, I recall an episode in the late '70's waiting for the vaunted UPS truck to deliver War in the East/War in the West -- the old fashion map and counter game.

Sorry, off-topic ramble!

Wow that brings back a lot of memories. I was a huge AH/SPI game buyer and player back in those days and while there was a store an hour away that stocked most titles, it was always best to get new releases via UPS. My house in Florida faced west and I kept the blinds closed to avoid the blazing sun. So I soon became adept at surreptitiously listening for the unique sound of the UPS truck pulling up while paying attention to my wife. It was a rare instance that the UPS driver ever got to the door before I had it open!

(in reply to Feltan)
Post #: 146
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 2:46:43 PM   
grraven2004

quote:

ORIGINAL: Temple

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feltan
In fact, I recall an episode in the late '70's waiting for the vaunted UPS truck to deliver War in the East/War in the West -- the old fashion map and counter game.

Sorry, off-topic ramble!

Wow that brings back a lot of memories. I was a huge AH/SPI game buyer and player back in those days and while there was a store an hour away that stocked most titles, it was always best to get new releases via UPS. My house in Florida faced west and I kept the blinds closed to avoid the blazing sun. So I soon became adept at surreptitiously listening for the unique sound of the UPS truck pulling up while paying attention to my wife. It was a rare instance that the UPS driver ever got to the door before I had it open!

Oh the memories. Had Flattop delivered that way. Most if not all of my ASL was brought by big brown. In later years my Starfleet Battles was shipped that way as I was out in the boondocks.

Human by birth

Klingon By choice!

Sig changed per Erik's request

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 147
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 2:48:30 PM   
SuluSea

The way I look at it is I have the game and manual already on my PC and I'm understanding that sometimes situations arise that are out of a persons control. Matrix will ship out the game at the earliest possible date. I appreaciate Erik being up front with the gang here. Thanks.

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to Temple)
Post #: 148
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 4:16:16 PM   
Xargun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curious

CB

Hmm What if I am old and immature ??? Well at least my wife thinks I am sometimes...
My son just says I'm silly.

Xargun

(in reply to Curious)
Post #: 149
RE: Physical Shipment Status - 8/4/2009 4:51:55 PM   
ool

quote:

The bad news is that we've been chasing after the US situation all day and found out late this afternoon that the trucking company that was supposed to take the manuals the few miles to our warehouse never showed up.

So did the wayward trucking company show up finally???

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Physical Shipment Status Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI