Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where can I find information?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where can I find information? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where can I find information? - 10/31/2000 8:14:00 PM   
CommieKiller

I signed up for the Western '44 leauge and accidently signed up for the Axis side. I know nothing about German equipment. Where can I find information on the equipment used in the game as it pertains to the games not real life? Any help would be appreciated. P.S. I'm a new players so I have goofy questions. P.S.S. I'm slow not stupid ;-) ------------------ <p align="center"><em><strong>Everything is O.K., I have then surrounded from the inside."</strong></em></p>

All's a rush till the rounds start flying-and your friends start dying.
Post #: 1
- 10/31/2000 11:55:00 PM   
Zarquon

SPWAW encyclopedia? I don't know much about anyone's equipment, except for what's listed there and I get by OK. ------------------ The past is a fiction created to account for the discrepancies between my immeditate physical sensations and my state of mind.

The past is a fiction created to account for the discrepancies between my immeditate physical sensations and my state of mind.

(in reply to CommieKiller)
Post #: 2
- 11/1/2000 1:14:00 AM   
BlitzSS

It was probably the best mistake you ever made. The only thing you need to know about German forces in 44 is that they kick @$$! Use the encyclopedia with the game, pick the German flag, and look at armor ratings. Mainly just take note of front/side/rear thickness’ and speed. Armor sloping and main gun are also in your favor. If you’re familiar with allied equipment compare the German Panther V.G to Sherman tanks and count your kills. Your INF will hold stout as well, with a lot of firepower and toys to get the job done. To sum it all up you generally will have quality, but not quantity.

"Nuts"

Post #: 3
- 11/1/2000 11:21:00 AM   
Scipio Africanus

Of course, you'll be lacking a few important but often overlooked weapons: A decent halftrack; A true heavy machinegun; A flame tank with a main gun on it, and a couple of other things. The Germans have their weaknesses too. Just hope your opponent buys a lot of tanks and you face him in the desert and visibility is 35+. Pray he doesn't buy lots of artillery, smoke, mechanized engineers, fast light AFV's (German tanks have crap side armor) and aircraft. ------------------ Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Publius Cornelius Scipio Africanus

Post #: 4
- 11/2/2000 12:32:00 AM   
yegor21

For some reason i cant join the league!Can any one tell me why that might be happaning.I have a 600mhz,56k,internet explorer,win98. ------------------ Ruski General Yegor Yegor21@hotmail.com Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.

Ruski General Yegor Yegor21@hotmail.com Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.

Post #: 5
- 11/2/2000 1:20:00 AM   
Joe Osborne

yegor, What happens when you try and join the league? Do you get an error message? I just went there and signed up with a test player ok. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your equipment or setup. Joe Osborne Director Matrix Games Network
quote:

Originally posted by yegor21: For some reason i cant join the league!Can any one tell me why that might be happaning.I have a 600mhz,56k,internet explorer,win98.

Post #: 6
- 11/2/2000 6:59:00 AM   
rexmonday

The main thing I look at when buying tanks is their fire control rating. It can make a big big difference. To a certain extent you can use cover (I luv rough hexes) to make up for the weakness of armour, but if you can't hit a proverbial barn door at 5 hexes, then its time to change tanks...

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where can I find information? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI