Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Graphics?? Please help.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Graphics?? Please help. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Graphics?? Please help. - 11/1/2000 7:09:00 AM   
rich12545

Just got this from CGW, installed and patched it to 4.4. Only problem I can see is the units are barely visible since they blend with the ground. Is there some way to make them contrast more? Thank you. ------------------

Post #: 1
- 11/1/2000 7:44:00 AM   
Warhorse

Uhhh, sorry no, what size screen, and res. are you running, I don't understand why you can't see them well? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 2
- 11/1/2000 10:12:00 AM   
rich12545

I'm not sure I understand your question. I have a 19" monitor and it covers the entire screen. The game defaults to 800x600 res regardless of what I run. The problem is the units are just about the same color as the ground and they are difficult to impossible to make out.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 3
- 11/1/2000 11:13:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi there! Are you zoomed in all the way? I have a 19" monitor and have no ploblem seeing my units. In the battle screen just zoom in all the way. Unless you are colour blind and did not tell us, just wondering. Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 4
- 11/1/2000 8:51:00 PM   
Mac_MatrixForum

No problems here either. I think the visuals are great and the units aren't that difficult to spot. Some fog of war is nice too. Try putting the nationality flags on in the preferences. Helps to find that odd sniper. ------------------ Markku "Mac" Rontu "Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Sheridan in B5

Markku "Macroz" Rontu
"Understanding is a three-edged sword, your side, their side and the truth." - Captain John J. Sheridan, Babylon 5

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 5
- 11/1/2000 8:51:00 PM   
rich12545

Thanks for writing. I zoom in and out and can see them way better in and also when turning up the monitor brightness. But they still blend with the ground. If it wasn't for the numbers and + I wouldn't hardly be able to see some units at all. Btw, I'm not color blind.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 6
- 11/1/2000 10:21:00 PM   
Warhorse

Forgot to ask, which ones in particular are hard to see? I am redoing most of the Soviet stuff, as the old ones were to 'smudgy'. Same with the U.S., although I have yet to start them!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 7
- 11/2/2000 2:41:00 AM   
rich12545

Seems like some of the infantry, mortars and stuff like that are the hardest. I've been working so haven't been getting into it a whole lot yet. So far I've been very impressed. If this will be typical fare from Matrix they can count on my business. I wonder how the AI compares to CM. Does anybody know? If there was some way to outline them in yellow or something it would help. CM allows colored bases on the units, otherwise I sometimes have trouble there too.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 8
- 11/2/2000 3:46:00 AM   
Tom Proudfoot

Using the unit flags might help you out a little. I think it is the / key. Tom

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 9
- 11/2/2000 4:00:00 AM   
skukko

Could it be easier in the start of your colonel-career just hit " G "-key for the next leader, " N "-key for the next platoon? Ever tried 'Rising Sun' without those ugly plates under the group? There you'll propably loose it all. Sorry, just trying to help...

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Graphics?? Please help. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI