Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

August Newsletter Now Out!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> August Newsletter Now Out! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
August Newsletter Now Out! - 8/18/2009 6:23:18 AM   
SeanD

The August edition of the Matrix Games newsletter is now available

Matrix Games is pleased to announce that the August edition of their newsletter is now out. This month's edition brings 3 fantastic game spotlights, some interesting historical insight, and the conclusion to the long-running feature on the technology of the American Civil War. Be sure to check it out!

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: August Newsletter Now Out! - 8/21/2009 2:53:37 PM   
sorrowman

Interesting newsletter. The little bit about Napoleon III provoked an interesting thought or two concerning gaming and Europe in the 19th century when I read it.

It occurred to me VERY little games (from whatever genre) are available dealing with this era, other then games dealing with Napoleonic era and the American civil war period, and looking up some sort of list of wars and conflicts that went down in Europe or at least are accociated with Europe in the Victorian era....it were quite a few from small to large.

Russo-Ottoman wars Crimean war German unification Franco-Prussian war Boer war(s) Colonial wars all over the globe in every shape and size South American wars of independence

to name but a few that instantly come to mind. Make me wonder if any1 would ever dare to put together a games of sorts that deals with these conflicts.

It's an interesting era, with industrialization kicking in, new weapons and equipment, strategy and tacticts trying to keep up with developements, spheres of influcence being defined and redefined as powerfull nations rise and fall.

I guess it would be a daring task to get to it with a game of sorts, but I'd love to see some of it at some point.

"Steamroller Action Crushing All....
Victim Is Your Name And You Shall Fall"

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: August Newsletter Now Out! - 8/23/2009 6:27:01 PM   
Grymme

There is a small scenario for the "War of the tripple Alliance" in south america in the 1860s for Advanced Tactics.

Details can be found here.

http://web.comhem.se/olvmyr/At%20mod/War%20of%20the%20triple%20alliance.html

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to sorrowman)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> August Newsletter Now Out! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI