August Newsletter Now Out! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix

SeanD -> August Newsletter Now Out! (8/18/2009 6:23:18 AM)

The August edition of the Matrix Games newsletter is now available

Matrix Games is pleased to announce that the August edition of their newsletter is now out. This month's edition brings 3 fantastic game spotlights, some interesting historical insight, and the conclusion to the long-running feature on the technology of the American Civil War. Be sure to check it out!

sorrowman -> RE: August Newsletter Now Out! (8/21/2009 2:53:37 PM)

Interesting newsletter. The little bit about Napoleon III provoked an interesting thought or two concerning gaming and Europe in the 19th century when I read it.

It occurred to me VERY little games (from whatever genre) are available dealing with this era, other then games dealing with Napoleonic era and the American civil war period, and looking up some sort of list of wars and conflicts that went down in Europe or at least are accociated with Europe in the Victorian era....it were quite a few from small to large.

Russo-Ottoman wars Crimean war German unification Franco-Prussian war Boer war(s) Colonial wars all over the globe in every shape and size South American wars of independence

to name but a few that instantly come to mind. Make me wonder if any1 would ever dare to put together a games of sorts that deals with these conflicts.

It's an interesting era, with industrialization kicking in, new weapons and equipment, strategy and tacticts trying to keep up with developements, spheres of influcence being defined and redefined as powerfull nations rise and fall.

I guess it would be a daring task to get to it with a game of sorts, but I'd love to see some of it at some point.

Grymme -> RE: August Newsletter Now Out! (8/23/2009 6:27:01 PM)

There is a small scenario for the "War of the tripple Alliance" in south america in the 1860s for Advanced Tactics.

Details can be found here.

http://web.comhem.se/olvmyr/At%20mod/War%20of%20the%20triple%20alliance.html

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI