Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/24/2009 3:06:06 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

Great!! Now if I could get a shipping notice on my physical copy....

Try your tracking # on this site from the Matrix on-line store: http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

I ordered AE via USPS, but the tracking # Matrix sent didn't link to anything; however, when used w/this site, it revealed the USPS # and my package status.

Note that when the PO says "transferred to" it means "sent to," not delivered.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 91
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/24/2009 3:11:39 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

As stated previously, the approximate time table for the first two patches is as follows:

Patch 01 will be 30 days after game release ...

I assume Patch 01 will be in the "members" section prior to public release, but will it include the elusive AE tutorial?

I stopped looking for it after I did a search and discovered it was "left in the factory".

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 92
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/24/2009 3:12:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

The tutorial is not yet finished, though considerable progress has been made. I think at this point it is a Patch 2 item.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 93
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/24/2009 4:00:39 PM   
ckk

Thanks Physical is here. And the manual is already been read over several times

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 94
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/24/2009 7:59:44 PM   
Chad Harrison

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The tutorial is not yet finished, though considerable progress has been made. I think at this point it is a Patch 2 item.

Thanks for all the updates on the patch Joe and Erik. You guys are doing a tremendous job!

Are you all ready to release any details on the tutorial yet? I dont mean super specifics, just basic info on where/when it will be located. For instance, will it be the same scenario from vanilla WitP based on the Marianas (obvioulsy changes to OOB's between vanilla and AE and such would be present)? If not, where/when will it cover?

The reason I ask is that the vanilla WitP tutorial was my universal 'sandbox' for anything I wanted to try out. I would come back to it all the time and try different things out to see how it worked ingame. This was because even though it was small, it had it all: carriers, major surface combatants, subs, amphibious landing, heavily defended islands with forts and coastal defenses, tons of land based aircraft and so on. If you wanted to try something out, it was a one stop shop because just about every major aspect of the game was represented in it. Just curious if the AE tutorial will present a similar 'sandbox' atmosphere.

Again, thanks for all the hardwork and updated from the AE team!

Chad

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 95
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/25/2009 2:09:44 AM   
tigercub

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub

Good work! thanks, will there be list of whats in patch 2 when you release patch 1 ?

As mentioned previously, the only item in the plan for patch 02 is the implementation of "borders" - other than that - it will depend on what issues are discovered.

Thanks one last thing,if i mod the game after the first patch will you borders be able to be implemented.

Tiger!

< Message edited by tigercub -- 8/25/2009 2:12:40 AM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 96
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/25/2009 2:17:32 AM   
Scott_USN

I am chomping at my bit for it :)

I want to play more but sort of waiting to see what gets corrected.

Soon I hope....

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 97
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/25/2009 2:24:33 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: tigercub
Thanks one last thing,if i mod the game after the first patch will you borders be able to be implemented.

Well, borders may be a rather complex implementation - so we can't yet say for sure what will be involved - we have not done the design for it yet - but it is possible that data changes as well as code changes will be involved.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 98
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/25/2009 11:23:39 AM   
Hanzberger

In PDF form, are you guys gonna include/correct anything with the manuel with an upcoming patch?

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 99
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/25/2009 12:24:09 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

Well, borders may be a rather complex implementation ...

How abt. something less complex like air support on the 'Canal?

I started playing the Guadalcanal scenario the other day: historical first turn, took the Canal, got into a carrier battle w/the IJN and lost a CV; its planes landed on the airstrip at Lunga and managed half a dozen sorties afterwards despite the fact I had zero air support on the base!

So who was refueling and re-arming these planes?

My only experience w/this game comes from UV where Noumea is described in the manual as "a cornicopea of supplies," but in AE, I am often short of both supplies and fuel on this strategic base. And though production is turned-off for this scenario, I can't find the auto-convoy option, or is that disabled as well?

And then there's the issue of not being able to get any Aussies to load onto transports to reinforce PM.

Are the above issues going to be addressed in this or any future patch?

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 100
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/25/2009 5:32:43 PM   
fthein

Are there in the new patch only improvements for the japanese ai or for the allied ai as well? I ask therefore because i want to start a new game as japan and if there are only minor improvements to the allied ai i can start just now without waiting for the patch.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 101
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 2:04:20 AM   
wpurdom

If you're taking suggestions, at this point the most ahistorical part of the game at present is the Allied control of the CHinese Red Army. As best I can tell from current research after the outbreak of the Pacific War there was more fighting between the Nationalists and the Reds than between the Reds and the Japs before the Soviet intervention.

If it is too complicated to make the Reds act like a separate entity similar to the USSR that doesn't fight unless attacked by the Japs, then a scenario where the Red Army controlled forces and territories are assigned to the Soviets might be an option.

(in reply to fthein)
Post #: 102
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 2:28:29 AM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

... And then there's the issue of not being able to get any Aussies to load onto transports to reinforce PM.

No longer an issue if you change the troop mode to strategic for transport, or make an amphib TF for troops in combat mode.

I assume the latter is more suited for storming a beach, and the former for reinforcing a base.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 103
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 4:30:45 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: wpurdom

If you're taking suggestions, at this point the most ahistorical part of the game at present is the Allied control of the CHinese Red Army. As best I can tell from current research after the outbreak of the Pacific War there was more fighting between the Nationalists and the Reds than between the Reds and the Japs before the Soviet intervention.

If it is too complicated to make the Reds act like a separate entity similar to the USSR that doesn't fight unless attacked by the Japs, then a scenario where the Red Army controlled forces and territories are assigned to the Soviets might be an option.

The Soviets are no different than the Allies - just unactivated (meaning they don't move), Plus there's a hardcoded limit to the number of available factions, so making the Reds one means you have to take another one off the board. And assigning their forces and territory to Soviet control is completely ahistorical (even if possible), plus it would effectively draw the Soviets into the war almost immediately as the Japanese AI wouldn't know not to attack the Reds. Plus the Nationalists weren't a coherent entity anyway, more like a patchwork of non-cooperative feudal kingdoms.

One interesting possibility would be to insert code that damages both Red and Nationalist forces if they ever stack together. That would certainly minimize cooperation, but I'm not sure the AI could handle it.

(in reply to wpurdom)
Post #: 104
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 5:29:04 AM   
kfmiller41

My main issue (playing Japan of course) is the conversion problem with AK's. That.s really is a killer for me and I hope it is on the fix list.

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 105
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 1:19:09 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: miller41

My main issue (playing Japan of course) is the conversion problem with AK's. That.s really is a killer for me and I hope it is on the fix list.

If you mean the problem with temp AP conversion, Yes.

(in reply to kfmiller41)
Post #: 106
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 3:19:33 PM   
John Lansford

quote:

quote:

... And then there's the issue of not being able to get any Aussies to load onto transports to reinforce PM.

No longer an issue if you change the troop mode to strategic for transport, or make an amphib TF for troops in combat mode.

I assume the latter is more suited for storming a beach, and the former for reinforcing a base.

Are you saying it's possible to load restricted Australian troops for transport to Port Moresby? I've not seen any Aussie LCU's available for either my transport or amphib TF's.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 107
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 3:49:09 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

quote:

quote:

Are you saying it's possible to load restricted Australian troops for transport to Port Moresby? I've not seen any Aussie LCU's available for either my transport or amphib TF's.

I'm not sure which Aussie troops are restricted, but I did manage to load a division onto a US transport TF w/support units by changing all the troops mode's to "strategic"; in fact, the TF turned blue -- Aussie color? -- and it's now headed to PM, hopefully in time to stave off an IJA occupation.

There were some transports in Sydney at the start of the scenario, but I had already sent them off w/only supplies as I didn't know this trick at the time, but I'm learning every day.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 108
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 5:21:15 PM   
morganbj

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

quote:

quote:

Attach them to an unrestricted HQ and they can transport. I used 1st Aust. Army or I Aust. Corps, I don't remember which, as the new HQ.

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 109
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 6:56:25 PM   
Joe D.

[/quote]
Attach them to an unrestricted HQ and they can transport. I used 1st Aust. Army or I Aust. Corps, I don't remember which, as the new HQ.
[/quote]

I wonder which of the Aussie units are really restricted; you would think there would be an icon next to these units.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 110
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 8:12:50 PM   
John Lansford

What was the PP cost to switch their HQ, though?  I try to avoid doing that except in extreme situations to simulate the conditions among the Allies at the time (unless I'm evacuating units like US or Dutch BF's and CD LCU's, that is).

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 111
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 8:30:37 PM   
lazydawg

quote:

I wonder which of the Aussie units are really restricted; you would think there would be an icon next to these units.

Look at the headquarters name on the unit information screen. If the name is yellow, the unit can be changed to a different headquarters. If the name is white, the unit is stuck with that headquarters.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 112
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 9:50:54 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncdawg

quote:

Look at the headquarters name on the unit information screen. If the name is yellow, the unit can be changed to a different headquarters. If the name is white, the unit is stuck with that headquarters.

And an HQ with "(R)" at the end of the name is defined as a restricted HQ.

(in reply to lazydawg)
Post #: 113
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 10:15:18 PM   
pad152

What happened to the AE version of WITPchk?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 114
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 8/26/2009 10:47:17 PM   
Joe D.

All very helpful.
Thanks.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 115
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 9/3/2009 3:16:59 AM   
jwilkerson

Update on our schedule ...

Given team member schedules and holidays etc. I do not except patch 01 to be available until next week. So net/net mostly scheduling issues rather than actual work load has resulted in about 1.5 weeks of delay - but we have the patch "done" we are just doing some final testing. The game will of course never be "perfect" but we think patch 01 will be better across the board. Most especially the "tweaks" to surface combat seem to "smooth out the edges".

Work on patch 02 will begin straight away - and as has been stated early in this thread, we are aiming for about 90 days after release or about 8-9 weeks from now so roughly end of October for Patch 02.

The only known item on the list for patch 02 remains the implementation of national borders (as opposed to "boarders" ). The teams are discussing other items for patch 02. And as always we will continue to react to forum discoveries and suggestions.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 116
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 9/3/2009 3:46:24 AM   
tigercub

Thanks......

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 117
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 9/3/2009 3:59:20 AM   
P.Hausser

@jwilkerson - will the surface combat tweek work without restarting scenario ?

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 118
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 9/3/2009 4:06:39 AM   
jwilkerson

Sure.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to P.Hausser)
Post #: 119
RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 - 9/3/2009 4:16:55 AM   
P.Hausser

quote:

Sure.

THANKS!

(in reply to jwilkerson)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Patch 01 ... Patch 02 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI