Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War with America

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> War with America Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War with America - 9/5/2009 5:15:13 PM   
daemonofdecay

So. . . does going to war with the USA actually affect anything in the game? As Britain I was having the USA declare war on me left and right due to my blockades of French ports (which seems very a-historical) but never noticed a downside - no lost colonies, no American privateers, nothing.

Is there something I am missing? Does being at war with the USA really do anything?

On a side note, it would be interesting if nations/colonies were modeled in an 'off screen' manner a little more interactive manner - for instance, being able to purchase cotton from America instead of just Turkey, but only if you arn't at war with them, etc.

Anyway, pre-emptive thanks for the help!

SNAPE KILLS TRINITY WITH ROSEBUD! Then it turns out they were both Tyler Durden.
Post #: 1
RE: War with America - 9/5/2009 10:44:42 PM   
Mus

Would be nice if war with America had a little more effect than it does.

I got the impression that we were a bit of a pain in the ass, plus it had economic ramifications that are modeled in some wargames for this period, but seem lacking in COG EE.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to daemonofdecay)
Post #: 2
RE: War with America - 9/6/2009 8:31:48 AM   
ShaiHulud

daemon- War with US results in naval combats if your ships wander through the western-most seas areas. The US has both merchants and warships that will confront you in those areas. Other than that, I know of no other effects. Perhaps your port fees are reduced through loss of American shipping?

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 3
RE: War with America - 9/12/2009 1:44:32 AM   
lenin

The Americans can also be a pain in the ass for British naval supply lines if they don't hunt the American ships down.

"Imperialism is the eve of the proletarian social revolution"

(in reply to ShaiHulud)
Post #: 4
RE: War with America - 9/18/2009 9:14:41 PM   
PDiFolco

Yes but the event in game does not seem like a real war...Historically the Brits had to send a sizable Exp Corps to the US (relative to their small land army), in game there's nothing like it, it looks more like comemrcial war only !

(in reply to lenin)
Post #: 5
RE: War with America - 12/31/2009 4:41:23 PM   
cassielsander

Might be nice to make the US War a little less frequent (since it only happened arguably twice in the whole period, once with France & once with England) but a little more significant, and have the U.S. over time develop colonies & colonial warfare, so that you can actually lose or gain something from fighting them depending on your own colonial warfare capabilities.

You could also have a peacetime U.S. frigate come through every once in awhile and fight privateers "shores of Tripoli" style, just for the fun of it. But it seems like Privateers have a pretty hard time of it already.

< Message edited by cassielsander -- 12/31/2009 4:43:16 PM >

(in reply to PDiFolco)
Post #: 6
RE: War with America - 1/1/2010 3:14:51 PM   
spec10

quote:

As Britain I was having the USA declare war on me left and right due to my blockades of French ports (which seems very a-historical) but never noticed a downside - no lost colonies, no American privateers, nothing.

I might be getting your statement wrong, but .. why does it sound a-historical to you? USA actually declared war in june 1812 over that issue. British blockades of French ports interfered with the trade between the USA an France.

< Message edited by spec10 -- 1/1/2010 3:15:29 PM >

(in reply to daemonofdecay)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> War with America Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI