Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/23/2008 10:11:41 PM   
JEB Davis

Welcome Jonathan

Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 331
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/24/2008 2:45:48 AM   
StephanFH

Welcome Madow!

"the onset of Bayonets in the hands of the Valiant is irresistible..."
Gentleman Johnny Burgoyne

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 332
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/24/2008 5:02:07 AM   
Steve Petersen

This game is a good way to lose weight (and sleep, and a job...)

3rd Support Command: Sustaining the Line!

(in reply to StephanFH)
Post #: 333
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/26/2008 1:36:43 PM   
Adsi

Hi all.
Ive been playing SPWaW for a couple years now and enjoy every single game.
I specially like to pbem.
I am new to the forum and i have downloaded - scenario, campiagn and maplist January 2008, however i dont know where to extract too in the SPWaW directory.

Please advise.

I have SPWaW v8.403 .

(in reply to steve#)
Post #: 334
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/26/2008 3:40:51 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adsi

Hi all.
I am new to the forum and i have downloaded - scenario, campiagn and maplist January 2008, however i dont know where to extract too in the SPWaW directory.

Please advise.

I have SPWaW v8.403 .

you can extract this file anywhere, it is an excel sheet that in alot of cases has links to download the scenarios/campaigns/maps.

(in reply to Adsi)
Post #: 335
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/27/2008 7:49:40 AM   
Korpraali V

Welcome Adsi 

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 336
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/27/2008 7:57:00 AM   
StephanFH

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adsi

Hi all.

Please advise.

I have SPWaW v8.403 .

Welcome Adsi!
You will want to download and install the Enhanced mod, Pretty much everyone plays it now, I believe.

(in reply to Adsi)
Post #: 337
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/27/2008 5:53:08 PM   
Adsi

Hi guys.

Yep your correct re 337.
I very much indeed am looking forward to installing the enhanced mod.
Will do so.
Thanks.

O.K.

I have a question to ask:

Is installing SPMBT safe to do with my current SPWaW 8.403 installation?
I would like to keep my current SPWaW seperate.

(in reply to StephanFH)
Post #: 338
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/27/2008 6:22:32 PM   
junk2drive

The default install location for WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT is

C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSP...

SPWAW goes into

C:\Matrix Games\...

so there is no worry of a conflict.

(in reply to Adsi)
Post #: 339
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 3/3/2008 1:41:38 PM   
emmettvm

Howdy, all. My name's Emmett (if you couldnt have guessed), and Ive been out of the Wargame loop for a while now. I started off back in '94, and quickly fell in love with the SP games and with Allied/Panzer General. Wasnt such a huge fan of East/West front, and fell out of the wargame circuit until Hearts of Iron came out. Got bored of that one quickly, and again fell out of sync. Just recently remembered how much I always loved good strategy games, and how much I have lamented their demise, and decided to indulge myself, and somehow found SP:WaW. I downloaded it, and have been following my two Brigades of Germans for a few days now, but have come to miss pbem games. Thus, after much ado about nothing, I return to the present. Im looking for some pbem games, and am not averse at all to having my fourth point of contact handed to me by a pro.

"...Do you remember when we realized it could be conquered?"

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 340
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 3/3/2008 2:34:56 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: emmettvm

Howdy, all. My name's Emmett (if you couldnt have guessed), and Ive been out of the Wargame loop for a while now. I started off back in '94, and quickly fell in love with the SP games and with Allied/Panzer General. Wasnt such a huge fan of East/West front, and fell out of the wargame circuit until Hearts of Iron came out. Got bored of that one quickly, and again fell out of sync. Just recently remembered how much I always loved good strategy games, and how much I have lamented their demise, and decided to indulge myself, and somehow found SP:WaW. I downloaded it, and have been following my two Brigades of Germans for a few days now, but have come to miss pbem games. Thus, after much ado about nothing, I return to the present. Im looking for some pbem games, and am not averse at all to having my fourth point of contact handed to me by a pro.

welcome!

(in reply to emmettvm)
Post #: 341
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 4/26/2008 2:25:53 AM   
brucha

Well, I have posting here for some time, so I better introduce myself. The name is Brucha and I was born in Kraków, Poland, though I am currently working and living in the US. Started playing board wargames like Terrible Swift Sword and Europa series, plus ALOT of table top miniature battle (which were my favorite). After that I went crazy with computer gaming, like the Total War series. I first played Steel Panthers years ago at a friend's house but forgot about the game until last year. Then , I happened to come across the Matrix website and, to my pleasure, discovered that the game was not only still around, but was downloadable and free off the internet. And I have been addicted since. I absolutely LOVE playing the Brits, but can't bring myself to play the Germans though. Call me weird, because I realize its just a game, but....

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking."
- Ferdinand Foch, at the Battle of the Marne

(in reply to chief)
Post #: 342
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 4/26/2008 3:43:38 PM   
StephanFH

Welcome Brucha.
LOL, I kind of understand about playing the Germans. I grew up on stories from my Mom of watching the sky light up as Norway burned, and the German bomb that (no kidding) killed a neighbor's cow. Not good neighbors, the Germans of the past. :)
Stephan

(in reply to brucha)
Post #: 343
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 4/28/2008 5:54:59 AM   
Korpraali V

Welcome Emmett and Brucha!

quote:

ORIGINAL: brucha
can't bring myself to play the Germans

I have a problem in playing against Finns - unless it's Finns vs. Finns

(in reply to brucha)
Post #: 344
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 8/15/2008 10:30:09 PM   
brookelord

hi my name is gerald im new 2on line games love 2 play sp and rome

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 345
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 9/8/2008 5:37:41 PM   
Korpraali V

Welcome brookelord! 

Yeah, Rome is excellent too, as are other Total War series

(in reply to brookelord)
Post #: 346
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/6/2009 1:41:31 PM   
Lazareth

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say Hello. I spent the morning downloading SP:WAW and it's patches. Installed it and am now going to sit down and begin reading the manual to play.

I know I'm a late comer. This morning, I accidentally found SPWAW while looking on BoardGameGeek.com to find me and my sons a tabletop board game to add to our collection of games. Well, during that I decided to google and see if there was anything online to play and happen-chance to find SP:WAW and Matrix Games and it has Email capabilities just like my long-time favorite game Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic.

I am new to War Gaming and have gotten into Token style gaming through studying and playing Starfleet Battles over the last year. I love the game, it's concept, and it's complexity. Well, I have been having a WWII itch and am looking to satisfy it.

36 Recently married Father of two sons, stepfather to another. Living in Louisiana and loving life.

So, on a final note, once I finish learning how to play SP:WAW, I'll definitely be looking for an email game. Hope to see ya'll 'round.

Laterz,
Laz (John)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 347
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/6/2009 2:47:34 PM   
Alby

You will now be hooked on spwaw for years to come!!

Welcome!

(in reply to Lazareth)
Post #: 348
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 1/6/2009 5:14:21 PM   
Goblin

Welcome, John, and I second what Alby said.

Try the Depot Academy to help learn the game. http://www.spwaw.com/phpBB2/index.php

You'll find everything you need there (tips, tricks, opponents, Academy courses, scenarios, campaigns, etc). The ENH forums (link in Alby's sig) are a good place to drop in too.

Goblin

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 349
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 2/17/2009 3:03:36 PM   
Wyke

Hi guys.

Not so much a new player, but a looooong time absent returning player to SP. And yes, still finding it as enjoyable as ever. I've tried more 'up to date' game, such as the Combat Mission series. While I can't fault them, none have ever managed to grab me the way that SP has done.

Though I must say, if SP has a fault, it's that it is starting to really show it's age now, and defiantly getting somewhat creaky. A bit like a re-engineered Pz IV being stuck back in the field in 45. But still, until 'Son of SP' hits the markets it will still see off the competition for me

< Message edited by Wyke -- 2/17/2009 3:04:33 PM >

(in reply to steve#)
Post #: 350
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 2/18/2009 12:41:20 AM   
planner 3

Wyke: Have you tried the "enhanced Version" of Spwaw yet ?

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Wyke)
Post #: 351
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 2/18/2009 6:22:15 PM   
JFW

I've just downloaded SPwaw & the patches on my Vista 64 laptop. I'm trying to run the tutorials. Where are the text files referred to in the tutorials. In the Artillery Tutorial, I can't get my mortar crew to load on the ammo truck. It's in the adjacent hex, but a message flashes saying its too far away. I'm clicking on the mortar unit, hitting L (or selecting the L icon) & left clicking the truck, but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to adjust? Any help would be appreciated. There's no need to start a campaign if I can't load infantry onto vehicles.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 352
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 2/19/2009 12:45:39 AM   
planner 3

JFW: You might consider joining the academy. The answer(s) are in your other post.  Good Luck

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to JFW)
Post #: 353
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 2/19/2009 12:55:43 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: JFW

I've just downloaded SPwaw & the patches on my Vista 64 laptop. I'm trying to run the tutorials. Where are the text files referred to in the tutorials. In the Artillery Tutorial, I can't get my mortar crew to load on the ammo truck. It's in the adjacent hex, but a message flashes saying its too far away. I'm clicking on the mortar unit, hitting L (or selecting the L icon) & left clicking the truck, but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to adjust? Any help would be appreciated. There's no need to start a campaign if I can't load infantry onto vehicles.

You cannot load a unit on an ammo truck, you simply sit in adjacent hex, or in same hex and it gets resupplied.
to Load a unit onto a transport type unit, you must be in same hex. Hold down the "Shift" key to move a unit into a hex with another unit.

(in reply to JFW)
Post #: 354
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 10/3/2009 7:42:35 AM   
slimdad

Wow, this game is pretty amazing. I used to play a little Squad Leader and Arab-Israeli wars, this is exactly what I've wanted for quite some time. I have LOTS to learn, but I'll have fun learning.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 355
RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here - 11/8/2009 3:25:04 AM   
jlkotson

Howdy y'all! I got hooked on wargaming back in the early 80's while stationed in Germany. Played lots of board and tabletop. I really loved Kampfgruppe when it came out on the Commodore. I played Tanks, Wargame Construction Sets, Steel Panthers III, SPWW2, and SPWaW since then, but had never bothered with the forums before. Lately, I've been learning how to port these games over to Linux. I figured that I might as well switch since I was already using open-source software to play my "old" games and such on XP already. The greatest thing about these games is that just when you think you've got it all figured out... the 'puter shows you a new wrinkle or two. I guess you don't quit learning until you're dead... or become a politician!

(in reply to slimdad)
Post #: 356
Checking in. - 12/17/2009 6:33:34 PM   
Vergial

Verg here. Played the original Steel Panthers long ago, and loved IGOUGO games since. Kinda disappointed that I can't get SPWaW to work properly, but I'm not giving up. I missed this game.

(in reply to Yamashita)
Post #: 357
RE: Checking in. - 2/24/2011 8:47:51 AM   
Eagle Strike

Gentlemen:

Eagle Strike reporting for duty as an old time wargamer but what I used to know on SPWAW I've truly forgotten. I noticed this recruitment station is a little dusty with the previous post dating back to Dec. 2009. But that's okay... I've notice the enlistment form is still on the desk so I'm signing up for a "tour of duty"...

Thx,
Eagle Strike (aka Reddog)

(in reply to Vergial)
Post #: 358
RE: Checking in. - 2/24/2011 8:52:51 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Eagle Strike

Gentlemen:

Eagle Strike reporting for duty as an old time wargamer but what I used to know on SPWAW I've truly forgotten. I noticed this recruitment station is a little dusty with the previous post dating back to Dec. 2009. But that's okay... I've notice the enlistment form is still on the desk so I'm signing up for a "tour of duty"...

Welcome back!

(in reply to Eagle Strike)
Post #: 359
RE: Checking in. - 2/24/2011 8:53:12 AM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vergial

Verg here. Played the original Steel Panthers long ago, and loved IGOUGO games since. Kinda disappointed that I can't get SPWaW to work properly, but I'm not giving up. I missed this game.

(in reply to Vergial)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> RE: To New Forum Members: Check in Here Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI