Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft maintanence screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft maintanence screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft maintanence screen - 10/7/2009 10:17:18 PM   
Learmont

Ok, the screen showing the repair status of the planes in an airgroup is neat, but what do the numbers at the top mean ie durability, maintanence? Are they showing the trigger piont for being pulled for repair or maintanence like fatigue of 33 calls for maintanence or are they showing how many fatigue or damage points can be repaired in one turn or what ate they meaning?
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft maintanence screen - 10/8/2009 11:06:12 PM   
FOW

See rule 7.4.2.7 Damage
The durability and maintenance shown at the top are the stats for the type of aircraft in the unit.

From reading the rule I infer that if the accumulated damage on each aircraft exceeds the damage rating then there is a chance it may be an 'operational loss'.
From reading the rule I infer that if the accumulated fatigue (wear & tear) on each aircraft exceeds the maintenace rating then there is a chance it may be an 'write-off'.

Sustained use of an air unit will raise the damage & fatigue faster than the aviation support can perform 'repair' so over time you will see higher non-combat losses. Regular stand-down and rotation of the units will reduce your aircraft losses. This tones down the tempo of air operations compared to WITP, which is what the devs intended, and IMO is more 'realistic'.

hope this helps - and that I'm right

(in reply to Learmont)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft maintanence screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI