Aircraft maintanence screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Learmont -> Aircraft maintanence screen (10/7/2009 10:17:18 PM)

Ok, the screen showing the repair status of the planes in an airgroup is neat, but what do the numbers at the top mean ie durability, maintanence? Are they showing the trigger piont for being pulled for repair or maintanence like fatigue of 33 calls for maintanence or are they showing how many fatigue or damage points can be repaired in one turn or what ate they meaning?

FOW -> RE: Aircraft maintanence screen (10/8/2009 11:06:12 PM)

See rule 7.4.2.7 Damage
The durability and maintenance shown at the top are the stats for the type of aircraft in the unit.

From reading the rule I infer that if the accumulated damage on each aircraft exceeds the damage rating then there is a chance it may be an 'operational loss'.
From reading the rule I infer that if the accumulated fatigue (wear & tear) on each aircraft exceeds the maintenace rating then there is a chance it may be an 'write-off'.

Sustained use of an air unit will raise the damage & fatigue faster than the aviation support can perform 'repair' so over time you will see higher non-combat losses. Regular stand-down and rotation of the units will reduce your aircraft losses. This tones down the tempo of air operations compared to WITP, which is what the devs intended, and IMO is more 'realistic'.

hope this helps - and that I'm right [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI