Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> 105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" sce... - 10/11/2009 7:20:51 PM   
Thomas Brekk Unnvik

In the scenario mentioned in the thread title the allied player receives 105mm howitzers aboard LCVPs as reinforcements.
However, there doesn't seem to be any way to make use of them. The howitzers can only be landed in shallow water hexes, from where they can't
fire, and there doesn't appear to be any vehicles included that can tow them onto dry land. Any tips from someone familiar with this scenario?
Post #: 1
RE: 105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach"... - 10/23/2009 12:32:31 AM   
qbert55

No responses on this so I'll drop a line, although it is not too helpful I'm afraid.

No tips to offer. The situation you describe is how it played when I tried it. I believe it even played that way in the original Talonsoft offering, if memory serves correctly. I suspect it is a scenario design flaw. If you were enterprising you might try editing the scenario to include a vehicle that could move the arty piece. Otherwise I think the 105 is virtually useless, except to draw fire and frustrate the Allied player!

(in reply to Thomas Brekk Unnvik)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> 105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI