105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Thomas Brekk Unnvik -> 105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" scenario (10/11/2009 7:20:51 PM)

In the scenario mentioned in the thread title the allied player receives 105mm howitzers aboard LCVPs as reinforcements.
However, there doesn't seem to be any way to make use of them. The howitzers can only be landed in shallow water hexes, from where they can't
fire, and there doesn't appear to be any vehicles included that can tow them onto dry land. Any tips from someone familiar with this scenario?

qbert55 -> RE: 105mm Howitzers in WF "Get off the beach" scenario (10/23/2009 12:32:31 AM)

No responses on this so I'll drop a line, although it is not too helpful I'm afraid.

No tips to offer. The situation you describe is how it played when I tried it. I believe it even played that way in the original Talonsoft offering, if memory serves correctly. I suspect it is a scenario design flaw. If you were enterprising you might try editing the scenario to include a vehicle that could move the arty piece. Otherwise I think the 105 is virtually useless, except to draw fire and frustrate the Allied player!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI