Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disappointed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Disappointed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappointed - 10/15/2009 11:20:53 AM   
Augenstein

Yesterday I received the physical shipment and have to say I'm really disappointed, I opened the mail envelope just to notice that the game case was severely damaged and the manual was missing?! I thought this game included a manual? Ofcourse the case MIGHT have been damaged during the shipment by the postal service, still the missing manual added to this makes me somewhat disappointed. I havent yet tried if the CD is working or not.

Post #: 1
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 12:00:37 PM   
JudgeDredd

It isn't missing a manual

People really ought to read up on what they buy.

The game is a DX version - that stands for Digital Express which means the manual is in PDF format on the disk.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Augenstein)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 12:09:27 PM   
JudgeDredd

It also says here on the game page

Manual: PDF E-Book (Download & Physical), 112 Pages

The bit before the brackets is crucial - that IS the type of manual you are getting...the bit IN brackets is telling you you get that kind of manual for both versions (Download and Physical)

I think Matrix ought to leave the bit in brackets out and just say the kind of manual you get - people do get confused by this.

Either omit it or do it this way

For Digital Express Editions (DX):
Manual: Digital Download - PDF xxx pages
Physical Product - PDF xxx pages

For Standard Editions (ST):
Physical Product - Black and White Printed xxx pages

For Collectors Editions (CL):
Physical Product - Full Colour Printed xxx pages

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 3
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 12:09:58 PM   
JudgeDredd

However, it's laid out in full colour on the main store page

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 12:12:21 PM   
JudgeDredd

As for the damaged box, my first port of call is ALWAYS the transport provider. Seems silly to blame Matrix - they're not likely to get a damaged box and stick it in a jiffy and post it, are they? Seems your disappointment, though valid, has nothing to do with Matrix?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 12:46:58 PM   
nukkxx5058

Judge Dredd, are you holing matrixgames shares (apart being a "Matrix legion of honor") to be a so ardent defender of the company?
If the manual is not provided within the physical shipment, so pls tell me what is the point of having a physical shipment ?

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 6
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 1:22:17 PM   
JudgeDredd

No I don't hold shares and I don't understand why it's insinuated. It wasn't that I was specifically defending Matrix Games. I was pointing out that if I can't read what they put on the product page, it's hardly their fault, is it?

And the point of the physical shipment is that many people have requested it in the past but alot of those did not want a physical manual.

However, being as the question was asked, there are several reasons why I choose to defend Matrix Games...one of which is specifically linked to the issue raised here...that is they took on board what people asked for and gave them it...different release versions...and people still complain. And it's the issue raised here that I speak of.

Besides...I was only pointing out what was laid out in the product page.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 7
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 1:43:03 PM   
Augenstein

Well, you're right, it is stated clearly that there is no printed manual included even with the physical shipment. However, I took it granted that a physical shipment would include a printed manual, I really dont know what is the purpose of a physical shipment that doesnt have a printed manual...

Just to make sure, I'm very satisfied with the game itself.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 8
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 2:07:08 PM   
Kriegsspieler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Augenstein

Well, you're right, it is stated clearly that there is no printed manual included even with the physical shipment. However, I took it granted that a physical shipment would include a printed manual, I really dont know what is the purpose of a physical shipment that doesnt have a printed manual...

Some people don't like being slaves to digital download regimes, and prefer to think that when they've bought a game they actually possess a copy of it. with physical shipment, that;s what you get.

I can only suppose that a printed copy of the manual is not included because the small print run would make it so expensive that few people would want to pay the added price.

(in reply to Augenstein)
Post #: 9
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 2:20:52 PM   
Augenstein

Well, with the current price tag I'd really expect the game to include a printed manual.

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 10
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 2:44:44 PM   
JudgeDredd

I don't think I'd be incorrect or out of order if I said Pasternaski could help you understand. IIRC he very much wanted a physical option without a printed manual, preffering the PDF...something about editing and annotating it. He wasn't the only one...there were quite a few people who pay the extra for the physical boxed version, even though it doesn't have a manual.

Like I said, though...the section on the Product Page itself could do with rewording...I do think that can be misleading...but essentially there are 3 categories of game release

DX - Digital Express Edition = no printed manual
ST - Standard Edition = black and white manual
CL - Collectors Edition = Full colour manual

Those are the rules I go by. I know where I am then. For example if a game is DX Edition, then I do not want the extra cost of the physical box with no printed manual. If it's a ST Edition, then I may want the manual and so would get the physical version - it depends on how deep the game is. And for CL Edition, I would probably definitely get the physical shipment with manual.

(in reply to Augenstein)
Post #: 11
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 2:48:07 PM   
JudgeDredd

And it does seem to be done on popularity. In other words, it depends on how they think it'll sell determines whether a printed manual is forth coming. I would think that's the case anyway, as the smaller the print run (as you say) the bigger the cost per unit.

Sorry for jumping on your back - but threads titled as such give a bad impression of a release, which may affect sales and if that's the case, and it's "user error" then it gets my back up a bit. I saw the title "Disappointed" and read the problems you had, both of which, imo, were nothing to do with Matrix.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 12
RE: Disappointed - 10/15/2009 4:18:01 PM   
captskillet

quote:

Some people don't like being slaves to digital download regimes, and prefer to think that when they've bought a game they actually possess a copy of it. with physical shipment, that;s what you get.

I can only suppose that a printed copy of the manual is not included because the small print run would make it so expensive that few people would want to pay the added price.

I have always done downloads and I have a physical copy as soon as the download(s) finish........... I burn copies to a CD write the serial # number on it and as added protection copy it to a flash drive and yes the cost (manual) was the main reason for the current scheme.

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Disappointed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI