Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue - 10/25/2009 2:47:00 PM   
Oldguard1970

My opponent and I have played for years using the TCPIP connection method. He has just gone wireless, and now we cannot connect. (I guess the games "sees" his wireless access point and his local network but cannot get beyond that to the game on his PC.) I assume we can configure something in his PC or the wireless router. I would appreciate any advice on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue - 10/26/2009 7:49:49 AM   
chopper8ac

I believe your connection problem is a result of using a router. I too had this problem:)
I solved my problem by taking down my Window's PC firewall then enabling DMZ for my router. This was the quickest, simplist way. The other way is to open ports, etc which was confusing to me since I'm not a rocket scientist with wireless. When my PC and router firewalls are down, I am able to play cc games.
Another possibility is you are using the wrong ip. You can go to www.speedtest.net to see the ip to use.It will be in the lower left hand corner. My ip for game play is not the router ip the game tells me to use but the ip at speedtest.
By the way, I play JTCS WWII and just purchased the JTBS Napoleon and Civil War games.
I'll be wanting to play them by TCP or PBEM and will be looking for opponents (hint)
Hope this helps you:)

(in reply to Oldguard1970)
Post #: 2
RE: Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue - 10/26/2009 7:58:52 AM   
chopper8ac

Forgot to mention- after you are done playing, be sure to disable your router DMZ and put your PC firewall on again.

(in reply to chopper8ac)
Post #: 3
RE: Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue - 10/27/2009 2:49:18 AM   
Oldguard1970

Hello Chopper8ac,

Thank you for your help.  I found a geek who will try to talk me through "Port forwarding".  He advises that the DMZ solution is risky, which confirms the advice in your second message.  You were kind to offer assistance.

After I get finished making blood sacrifices to my current opponent, it might be a good idea to see if we can tangle.

Best regards to you!

(in reply to chopper8ac)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Wireless TCPIP Play - Connection Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI