Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 10:01:12 AM   
Smeulders

Thanks for all the work.

(in reply to 51st Highland Div)
Post #: 91
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 12:02:29 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Montrose

Jesus f****** Christ on a crutch. I've just spent half an hour dancing around your ridiculous members scheme to get this patch. As far as I can see there is no 'private download'.

Gads you're annoying.

Sheer entertainment!..Thank you for this moment of levity.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by m10bob -- 11/27/2009 12:04:40 PM >

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 92
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 12:19:34 PM   
sprior

quote:

Jesus f****** Christ on a crutch. I've just spent half an hour dancing around your ridiculous members scheme to get this patch. As far as I can see there is no 'private download'.

Gads you're annoying.

I found it, no probs.

By the way, reaaaaaaaaaaally like the production button.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 93
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 1:52:55 PM   
tigercub

Top marks a gold star!

Tiger!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 94
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 2:11:05 PM   
tanjman

51. Resupply capacity for bases added to editor

How does Resupply capacity function? When/how should it be used.

Also, there is a new check box [labeled ME] in locations, what is its function?

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 95
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 3:30:25 PM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

quote:

I've just spent half an hour dancing around your ridiculous members scheme to get this patch. As far as I can see there is no 'private download'.

They misquoted the link (or used a generic label to refer to it). It is "Registered Downloads". It's on the list of links on the right hand side after you log in to your member account.

WITP:AE is near the bottom of the list of registered downloads (alphabetical). Click the "Downloads" button. If it says "register" instead of "Downloads", you need to register first.

Ah, I now see there are two ways to get there, one of which does have a link labeled "private downloads". However, some folks may not have realized they need to register, so when they go to my games they are (perhaps appropriately) frustrated not to see such a link which may account for the (inappropriate) feedback.

If the game is registered, either way will work but if you go through the "Registered downloads" link on the main member page you will see the game listed, whether registered or not. (And if not, the link will allow you to register)

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 96
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 3:38:04 PM   
Anthropoid

I admit, when I first followed Erik's directions to get the patch, my version was not registered, and for about 1.33 minutes I got slightly frustrated that I couldn't figure it out or find the patch download link.

Then I registered my game and found the link no problem.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 97
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 3:59:44 PM   
stuman

quote:

Gads you're annoying.

Hmm, well I am sorry to hear he is on a crutch.

And chill man.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 98
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 4:35:19 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

quote:

Gads you're annoying.

whom who is able to read has a great advantage

< Message edited by Oliver Heindorf -- 11/27/2009 4:36:03 PM >

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 99
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 4:51:13 PM   
offenseman

The level of ongoing support for the WITP series continues to impress.       

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 100
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 7:04:30 PM   
HHI

Thanks for all the hard work.

I didn't see anything about the ARD's, which I thought (from another thread) were going to be improved. Either I don't understand how these work, or they don't work any different from any other repair ship. Depending on size, they should function as a shipyard, able to repair underwater damage on any ship they are large enough to load, although they should not be able to deal with BB & CA armor. I saw one of these in Guam many years ago and it could easily swallow an Essex class carrier. Is this going to be fixed?

HHi

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 101
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 7:19:36 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

Gads you're annoying.

Operator error?
The patch is exactly where it was announced to be. Easy as pie.

Are you typing your serial EXACTLY? With the hyphens?

The Moose

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 102
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 7:40:43 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

Gads you're annoying.

Preface, I am a middle of the road (politically speaking and conservative versus liberal wise)grouchy old man. I am an ex-swabby from the 60's whose often forgets how to talk civilized and reverts to the language I learned and practiced during those years. I am a dyed in the wool unrepentant serious atheist with absolutely no plans for a death bed conversion.

Having said all that, I find your post and expression offensive and disrespectful to those that put there lives in their faith and or otherwise believers.

Had you said MF, CS, SOB, I would not have said a word.

Sorry to get on you case, I know you are frustrated.

(in reply to Montrose)
Post #: 103
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 7:53:50 PM   
jdkbph

quote:

The lack of Tutorial is the biggest reason that prevents me from playing the game; yes, I could search the forums and ask questions but this method is a bit impractical compared with a step-by-step Tutorial?

Agreed. I am in the same boat... not playing until they release the tutorial. I just don't have the time it takes to slog my way up this kind of a learning curve without help.

Add my voice to those asking for this to be made a priority.

JD

< Message edited by jdkbph -- 11/28/2009 2:20:29 AM >

(in reply to yeknod)
Post #: 104
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 8:58:06 PM   
Anthropoid

quote:

ORIGINAL: jdkbph

quote:

The lack of Tutorial is the biggest reason that prevents me from playing the game; yes, I could search the forums and ask questions but this method is a bit impractical compared with a step-by-step Tutorial?

Agreed. I am in the same boat... not playing until they release the tutorial. I just don't have the time it takes to slog my way up this kind of a learning curve without help.

Add my voice to those asking for this to made a priority.

JD

I can very much empathize; I remember how painful it was to learn WiTP even with a certain degree of tutorial.

Just let me say however, that it is well worth it. This game engine is quite simply one of the best, if not the best strategy game engine, and what the devs have done with AE is just an astounding work of historical simulation.

Now we just need them to join forces with Sid and his crew to make Civ 5

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 105
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/27/2009 11:44:07 PM   
dwinston

quote:

quote:

Add my voice to those asking for this to made a priority.

JD

Agree - hope this will be included soon... tutorials make complexgames approachable, like COA... or like the recently released starter kits for ASL...

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 106
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 4:44:42 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

Add my voice to those asking for this to be made a priority.

JD

I played the tutorial in WITP--twice. If the AE version is 500% better it will go about 10% of the way toward teaching you how to play the game. I expect it to be better. But it isn't going to do the job that you seem to be waiting for. Why not just jump into one of the two small scenarios? They can both be played in an afternoon. It's just 1s and 0s; nobody gets hurt if you lose miserably.

No matter the tutorial, everybody meets this game face to face, sooner or later. There's no easy way to learn it.

The Moose

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 107
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 5:39:09 AM   
erstad

quote:

Operator error?
The patch is exactly where it was announced to be.

If the game is registered. If someone doesn't know they need to register the game or forgot, they won't see the link. In which case we should prompt them to register rather than telling them to look again

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 108
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 1:54:58 PM   
fbs

My difficulty with the download is that it doesn't work from Chrome - it throws an error when clicking on the download link. I had to ftp manually to get the patch.

C'mon, guys, it's time to start supporting Google Chrome -- it is much faster and smaller than that monstrosity that is Internet Explorer.

Thanks
fbs

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 109
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 4:15:00 PM   
jdkbph

I played the tutorial in WitP as well, and found that it helped me a great deal. But that was 4 years ago. I'd be satisfied if the AE tutorial is only as good as that, if it means getting it sooner rather than later.

JD

< Message edited by jdkbph -- 11/28/2009 4:16:33 PM >

Post #: 110
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 4:50:40 PM   
bradfordkay

This may have been answered before... do we have to install patch 1 first, or is patch 2 an all-encompassing patch (it's big enough!). 

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 111
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 4:59:29 PM   
jwilkerson

Yup it is answered way back in the first post in this thread. This is a comprehensive patch.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 112
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/28/2009 5:11:00 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs

My difficulty with the download is that it doesn't work from Chrome - it throws an error when clicking on the download link. I had to ftp manually to get the patch.

C'mon, guys, it's time to start supporting Google Chrome -- it is much faster and smaller than that monstrosity that is Internet Explorer.

Thanks
fbs

Firefox is your answer

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 113
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/29/2009 12:47:30 AM   
Shilka

BTw, just thought that would it be possible for a future patch, that when you move LCU's to a hex, and change it when they have already gathered distance, that it didn't just reset the distance to zero if the new destination hex anyways is on the same route.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 114
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/29/2009 4:58:27 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

quote:

Operator error?
The patch is exactly where it was announced to be.

If the game is registered. If someone doesn't know they need to register the game or forgot, they won't see the link. In which case we should prompt them to register rather than telling them to look again

I thought I had registered, but it didn't show up. The links there DID suggest I needed to register, which I did. Anybody smart enough to play AE--heck, anybody smart enough to run a browser--ought to be able to figure out the menu options at the link provided.

Having to put in the hyphens is, to me, in 2009, highly non-intuitive. Parsing code on entry forms is several decades old at this point.

Overall, though, I was mostly reacting to the OP's tone. Not a person I'd want to run into in RL.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 11/29/2009 5:05:10 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 115
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/29/2009 5:04:21 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

I played the tutorial in WitP as well, and found that it helped me a great deal. But that was 4 years ago. I'd be satisfied if the AE tutorial is only as good as that, if it means getting it sooner rather than later.

JD

It helped me a great deal too. My point was it didn't teach me how to play the game.

I guess I just don't understand these folks who buy the game--not a cheap decision as PC games go--and then refuse to try to play it for months. What could happen? What are they afraid of? Will ninja asassins come to their house if they make a mistake? There are lots of people here playing this model and UI since UV days, or even Pacific War days, who learn new things all the time and are still refining their play. The Coral Sea scenario is as good as a tutorial is likely to be, if you've read the manual and pay attention to feedback the game gives you. Why deny yourself, for months?

The Moose

(in reply to jdkbph)
Post #: 116
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/29/2009 5:26:42 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Having to put in the hyphens is, to me, in 2009, highly non-intuitive. Parsing code on entry forms is several decades old at this point.

No - keep the hyphens and try it this way. Make a text file with the serial number in it. In fact name the file something like

WITP AE SN xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.txt

Then all you have to do is cut and paste from either the file name or the file contents. Fast and easy.

Post #: 117
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/29/2009 10:49:01 PM   
Montbrun

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

Question: what is the reason for removing so many US squadrons (VR-2, VR-4, VR-5, VR-13, VMF(P)-321, VMO(P)-351, VMF(N)-511, VMF(P)-511, etc...)??

I am assuming that the (P) squadrons were Provisional squadrons, but if they existed why are they being removed from the game.

I am not a OOB expert, and am willing to be informed....

I suspect these were removed because they were intially (P)hoto and Observation units - they were later folded into regular combat units, which were then given a couple of photo-recon planes in each squadron. Dunno about the VRs...

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 118
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/30/2009 6:51:34 AM   
Zemke

What day can we expect the Official Patch 2, not the beta?  I only ask because I can download one or the other without getting into trouble....don't ask, it's complicated.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to Montbrun)
Post #: 119
RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! - 11/30/2009 7:28:08 AM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

What day can we expect the Official Patch 2, not the beta?  I only ask because I can download one or the other without getting into trouble....don't ask, it's complicated.

Seriously buddy, these are not the kind of times one wants to take a change with their job( if that is the case). Fined a friend with high speed Internet and buy him a six pack. Your family (if any) will love you for it.

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: New v1.094b Public Beta Now Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI