Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SPWAW vs SPWW2 Senarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> SPWAW vs SPWW2 Senarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SPWAW vs SPWW2 Senarios - 6/24/2002 12:43:34 AM   
bohemian

Can I use SPWW2 Senarios in SPWAW? I downloaded a SPWW2 senario and tried to load it into SPWAW. The text portion of the senario works, but nothing else.

Is it possible?

Thanks,

Robert
Post #: 1
- 6/24/2002 5:36:51 AM   
NightCrow

I don't think this will work. SPWW2 is dos based and SPWAW is windows based. Haven't tried it myself but I expect there might be incompatibility.

(in reply to bohemian)
Post #: 2
- 6/24/2002 1:16:22 PM   
antarctic

Definately Not. SPWAW and SPWW2 use a different set of OOB's, for starters. Also, SPWAW is based on SP3, whilst SPWW2 is based on SP2.. slightly different engines.

Also, the SPWW2 scenario is designed with the features of the SPWW2 engine in mind ... and therefore should be played in SPWW2.

Respectfully

Antarctic

PS.... SPWW2 can be downloaded at

[url]www.wargamer.com/spcammo[/url]

but you probably know that already......

(in reply to bohemian)
Post #: 3
Thanks guys. - 6/24/2002 6:29:45 PM   
bohemian

Thanks for the info. that is what I expected. Now to try to get SPWW2 to run in Windows XP

:)

(in reply to bohemian)
Post #: 4
- 6/26/2002 3:07:21 PM   
NightCrow

They say that is possible, if you have the correct drivers and such. I think if you look through their forum at Wargamer.com, you will be able to find a solution to that too. :)

(in reply to bohemian)
Post #: 5
- 6/27/2002 10:43:46 AM   
junk2drive

I had problems with w98 and cc5, had to reload w98 but didn't have code number. so went out and bought xp. p233 w/60 ram couldnt handle xp well. bought new m/b amd duron 1.2 and 256 ram. xp works great, no blue screens. loaded spww2 and just like other people at wargammer forums, mouse is now a turtle. u need 10 foot wide mousepad to move across screen. d/l'ed spwaw 7.1 again, burned a cd this time, loaded and works perfectly. (cc5 works too.)
bottoms line from many forums, keep an old puter with less than xp for dos games, new one for new stuff. also seeing lots of problems with spmbt and fast hardware, graphics cards, etc. I just gave up playing the older games as I have no room for two computers.
just my two cents

(in reply to bohemian)
Post #: 6
SP2WW2 to SPWAW scenario conversion - 6/27/2002 8:24:17 PM   
RockinHarry

Hi

it might be possible to convert SP2WW2 scenarios to SPWAW with the Fred Chlanda tools to be found here:

http://blake.prohosting.com/fchlanda/

Please read Freds Help files that come with his tools on how to do the conversion stuff.;)

_________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to bohemian)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> SPWAW vs SPWW2 Senarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI