Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Customized Patch Change Report?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Customized Patch Change Report? Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 11/30/2009 8:02:27 PM   
tbridges

Just checking out Tracker for the first time. It looks like it could be a big help.

Sorry if I'm asking a question that has long ago been answered, but I see that the arrival times for reinforcements are listed as the number of total days until they are scheduled to arrive. I find myself having to mentally convert all those days into actual dates for planning purposes. Is it possible to have the arrival times of reinforcements listed by actual date-of-arrival instead of number-of-days?

Tom

The easy way is always mined...

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 571
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 12:11:08 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: pad152

AE Tracker 1.2 and Beta Patch

Ok, we now know China is now a sink hole for supply but, I'm also seeing a lot of warning messages about low fuel for Hi factories in Manchuria (Harbin, etc.) & Korea. Looks like all the fuel is going to Port Arthur.

Is there any way to tell if factories are pull enough fuel back for production?

Looks like there is going to be a need to tell which LCU's are getting enough supply and which ones aren't.

First part is for Damian.

For the second part (LCU supply), do you want to see it as a surplus/deficit column in the table or some other way?

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 572
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 12:47:25 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

AE Tracker 1.2 and Beta Patch

Ok, we now know China is now a sink hole for supply but, I'm also seeing a lot of warning messages about low fuel for Hi factories in Manchuria (Harbin, etc.) & Korea. Looks like all the fuel is going to Port Arthur.

Is there any way to tell if factories are pull enough fuel back for production?

Looks like there is going to be a need to tell which LCU's are getting enough supply and which ones aren't.

First part is for Damian.

For the second part (LCU supply), do you want to see it as a surplus/deficit column in the table or some other way?

There is no way during turn resolution to determine whether fuel is available at any production centre (HI), apart from resolving HI production to actual (which is haphazard due to what I call "stolen" or unaccountable HI use) ... I've never got a good reply on it either (add up all that is produced for a turn and you'll notice irregularities).
I'm concerned about some elements of the current economic model and will endeavour to set up some tests and see it through. But that is beyond the scope of this thread and will post when done in a new thread.

quote:

T.Bridges: Is it possible to have the arrival times of reinforcements listed by actual date-of-arrival instead of number-of-days?

possible - I'll look into it for you.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 573
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 1:35:39 AM   
tbridges

Thanks Damian. Its just much easier for me set up an operation for, say, June 1, 1943 than it is to plan for 723 days in the future and cope with the eta of the planned participants changing every day.

Tom

Tom

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 574
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 3:51:19 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbridges

Thanks Damian. Its just much easier for me set up an operation for, say, June 1, 1943 than it is to plan for 723 days in the future and cope with the eta of the planned participants changing every day.

Tom

The current LCU panel has a tool tip (mouse over the Location cell and it pops up a small "tip" containing a long form of the location). I added a display of the calendar date to delayed LCU's there.

Floyd

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 575
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 3:28:21 PM   
tbridges

Wow, thanks! What incredible service! Really appreciate it.

Do I have to reinstall Tracker to get this update?

Tom

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 576
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 3:32:40 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbridges

Wow, thanks! What incredible service! Really appreciate it.

Do I have to reinstall Tracker to get this update?

Sorry we're good, but not that good ... Floyd is saying that he has included it in the code for the next update ... so you'll have to wait a "few weeks" until we release again.

Cheers
Damian

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 577
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 3:38:45 PM   
USSAmerica

Damian, how likely is it that the AE patch 2 will require a new release of Tracker?  I'm thinking to skip downloading Tracker 1.2 to wait for 1.3, since I'm already going to wait for the official AE patch 2.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 578
RE: requirements for version 1.3 - 12/1/2009 3:43:03 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Damian, how likely is it that the AE patch 2 will require a new release of Tracker?  I'm thinking to skip downloading Tracker 1.2 to wait for 1.3, since I'm already going to wait for the official AE patch 2.

Mike -

I believe version 1.3 will support changes to the latest AE patch. It will not require it, but it will be highly recommended (some fog-of-war changes were needed).

Floyd

< Message edited by floydg -- 12/1/2009 3:46:22 PM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 579
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/1/2009 3:48:28 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

From my testing so far, 1.2 is compatible with the beta, so I'd expect that very little will change that. I am hoping that some of the data points are cleared up for me so I can include some things I've been holding off, such as AF restrictions, Naval support etc
Having said that I have 2 weeks holiday coming up and am not going anywhere, it's cold outside and I'll probably make some good inroads into things Floyd and I planned to do last release but I never got around to.
I'd still upgrade, as the new release had some good fixes and additional features... unless you want to wait for xmas and see if we've left any presents under the tree

Oops, forgot about the FOW stuff
--Damian--

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/1/2009 3:49:23 PM >

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 580
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/2/2009 6:22:06 PM   
pad152

1.2 seems to work with the beta patch but, I see some errors in the command window when loading multiple files.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 581
RE: Customized Patch Change Report? - 12/2/2009 7:56:00 PM   
floydg

quote:

1.2 seems to work with the beta patch but, I see some errors in the command window when loading multiple files.

This is probably not due to the patch, but the only way to tell for sure would be to try with some of your save files. Can you send to witptracker@gmail.com?

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 582
advances R&D - 12/8/2009 12:19:07 AM   
StoneAge

quote:

Device Nakajima Ha-45 advances R&D
(Nakajima Ha-45, 9/43)
Device Nakajima Ha-44 advances R&D
(Nakajima Ha-44, 5/43)

I hope you can help with this. These engines have had this message in the operations report about 3 times each. Is there someplace where I can see the effect this message has had in tracker.

I have looked in:

Devices >> Engine Factory : no change here Avail Date still 9/43

and

Air Production >> Engines : no change here Avail Date still 9/43

or does this even show up anywhere in the game.

Thanks guys

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 583
RE: advances R&D - 12/8/2009 3:28:17 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: StoneAge

quote:

Device Nakajima Ha-45 advances R&D
(Nakajima Ha-45, 9/43)
Device Nakajima Ha-44 advances R&D
(Nakajima Ha-44, 5/43)

I hope you can help with this. These engines have had this message in the operations report about 3 times each. Is there someplace where I can see the effect this message has had in tracker.

I have looked in:

Devices >> Engine Factory : no change here Avail Date still 9/43

and

Air Production >> Engines : no change here Avail Date still 9/43

or does this even show up anywhere in the game.

Thanks guys

Stone Age,
not sure what the problem is ... the alert should only get triggered when the date changes. Can you check ingame via the production screen or (intelligence screen -> engine/aircraft production pool) and look for the engines avail date. Either way we'll probably need a save before and after to check as well.
Send to witptracker@gmail.com please, with a note for Floyd to pass on to me.

(in reply to StoneAge)
Post #: 584
RE: tracking new game? - 12/8/2009 1:47:35 PM   
HansBolter

Can anyone help me understand how to purge the data set from a previous game so I can start tracking a new game?

I started a new game with the save in a new slot. I edited the properties file to look at the new saved game slot. When I try to read a turn I get a message that a later turn has already been loaded (obviously the turns read from my previous game).

I did not see any info about how to purge an existing data set on the site that explains how to set up and use the program. Is the program creating data files I need to delete?

(in reply to tbridges)
Post #: 585
RE: tracking new game? - 12/8/2009 2:29:24 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Can anyone help me understand how to purge the data set from a previous game so I can start tracking a new game?

Hans, close Tracker and delete all the trackerdb.* files. Next time you start it will try to initialise a new DB.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 586
RE: tracking new game? - 12/8/2009 2:36:41 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Hans, close Tracker and delete all the trackerdb.* files. Next time you start it will try to initialise a new DB.

Thanks. I just tried that. All the tracked data has been deleted from the tracker report, but I still get a message stating that turn 27 is already loaded when I try to get it to read a new turn.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 587
RE: tracking new game? - 12/8/2009 2:42:46 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter
quote:

quote:

Thanks. I just tried that. All the tracked data has been deleted from the tracker report, but I still get a message stating that turn 27 is already loaded when I try to get it to read a new turn.

So when you launch, it says "Initialising Witp Tracker AE Database" ? or is this after this process when you are loading a subsequent turn ?

Fresh DB should look like this ... The Icon "insignia2" is just for me ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 588
RE: tracking new game? - 12/8/2009 2:46:22 PM   
HansBolter

Looks like it's working ok. There were no alerts listed for turn 27, which seems strange and it lead me to believe data was not loading. All other report listings have data. I guess I'll see alerts listed after the next turn. Thanks a lot for the help.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 589
RE: tracking new game? - 12/8/2009 2:50:10 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Looks like it's working ok. There were no alerts listed for turn 27, which seems strange and it lead me to believe data was not loading. All other report listings have data. I guess I'll see alerts listed after the next turn. Thanks a lot for the help.

Yep, alerts are only generated on the second turn as they are internal to the program by comparing turn by turn, not AE produced.

No probs, good luck

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 590
RE: tracking new game? - 12/9/2009 1:58:05 PM   
Nomad

Time for more error reports:

HQs are all displayed as Corps:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 591
RE: tracking new game? - 12/9/2009 2:14:22 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Hey Nomad, yeah it's because we haven't checked the HQ Type as per the editor ... wanna help Floyd and I a bit with this ? If not I understand (and I'll do it), but how about looking at each HQ type and telling us exactly what they are ...

Also, have you tried your region file with the new patch ? I got errors the other day (name changes I believe ... )

Let me know ...

[edit] Actually belay that, Floyd has the numbers, it's just not doing what it is supposed to ... although I note for Floyd that I can't see those that are >60 && <100

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/9/2009 2:21:46 PM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 592
RE: tracking new game? - 12/9/2009 2:32:57 PM   
n01487477

Nomad and Floyd,
looks like the error is in the reading of the savefile ... the HQType is no longer pointing to the correct position. I'll get to it soon.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 593
RE: tracking new game? - 12/9/2009 3:02:28 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Hey Nomad, yeah it's because we haven't checked the HQ Type as per the editor ... wanna help Floyd and I a bit with this ? If not I understand (and I'll do it), but how about looking at each HQ type and telling us exactly what they are ...

Also, have you tried your region file with the new patch ? I got errors the other day (name changes I believe ... )

Let me know ...

[edit] Actually belay that, Floyd has the numbers, it's just not doing what it is supposed to ... although I note for Floyd that I can't see those that are >60 && <100

I noticed the region file late last night. I'll see about fixing it tonight and post a new one.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 594
RE: tracking new game? - 12/9/2009 7:39:19 PM   
floydg

quote:

Nomad and Floyd,
looks like the error is in the reading of the savefile ... the HQType is no longer pointing to the correct position. I'll get to it soon.

Okay, let me know where the data really is.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 595
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 2:01:05 AM   
Nomad

Here is an updated region file with the name changes. This will be suitable for either a new game or if you are continuing with an old game. I plan on uploading a new version that will only be usable with new games or if you are going to reinitialize the database. Most likely it will be a couple of days before I do.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 596
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 4:56:43 PM   
witpqs

Newb question - I plan to install staff/tracker sometime during the next few days. I've downloaded the latest release from your site (1.2) and the regions file supplied in the previous post. Do I ignore the release shipped with AE and the hotfix, and just start with 1.2?

Thanks in advance!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 597
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 5:00:33 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Newb question - I plan to install staff/tracker sometime during the next few days. I've downloaded the latest release from your site (1.2) and the regions file supplied in the previous post. Do I ignore the release shipped with AE and the hotfix, and just start with 1.2?

Thanks in advance!

WitPTracker is only available from the Google site - what comes with AE is WitPStaff, which is a different program.

Floyd

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 598
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 5:28:13 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

Thanks in advance!

WitPTracker is only available from the Google site - what comes with AE is WitPStaff, which is a different program.

Floyd

Sorry for the mix up! Got my support threads crossed. I was using Tracker on WITP and was hoping it would be updated for AE!

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 599
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 5:40:09 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks in advance!

Floyd

Sorry for the mix up! Got my support threads crossed. I was using Tracker on WITP and was hoping it would be updated for AE!

It is, go to the google site and get the WitPTrackerAE. It works great.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Customized Patch Change Report? Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI