Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: tracking new game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: tracking new game? Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 5:58:53 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Newb question - I plan to install staff/tracker sometime during the next few days. I've downloaded the latest release from your site (1.2) and the regions file supplied in the previous post. Do I ignore the release shipped with AE and the hotfix, and just start with 1.2?

Thanks in advance!

WitPTracker is only available from the Google site - what comes with AE is WitPStaff, which is a different program.

Floyd

Sorry for the mix up! Got my support threads crossed. I was using Tracker on WITP and was hoping it would be updated for AE!

It is, go to the google site and get the WitPTrackerAE. It works great.

Yes, WitPTracker AE.

New version in the works. It'll have a few things for the latest patch and a new panel I've been working on here-and-there...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 601
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 6:13:03 PM   
USSAmerica

Floyd, I dont' know if this is a quirk of the Guad scenario, something that has been fixed since your release 1.0.1, or something that still exists.  On the LCU panel, when filtering by HQ, Southwest Pacific does not show up in the HQ pulldown.  Sorry, I'm still running 1.0.1, so I can't verify it in 1.2, but I didn't see any mention of it in the release notes so far.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 602
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 6:32:45 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Floyd, I dont' know if this is a quirk of the Guad scenario, something that has been fixed since your release 1.0.1, or something that still exists.  On the LCU panel, when filtering by HQ, Southwest Pacific does not show up in the HQ pulldown.  Sorry, I'm still running 1.0.1, so I can't verify it in 1.2, but I didn't see any mention of it in the release notes so far.  

Mike: I just looked at the code and the list is created from "top-level" HQ only. I don't have access to the game here at work, but is SW Pac at the top, or under another HQ?

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 603
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 6:42:27 PM   
USSAmerica

OK, in Guad scenario, SW Pac is under Australia Command.  I can filter on Aus Command in Tracker, but then don't see any of the LCU's assigned to SW Pac. 

A strange command structure for the Guad scenario for sure.  If it's not an issue for anyone in the campaign, then I'm happy to let it go.  I've yet to start a campaign, but will soon.  I've been waiting for Patch 2, and now one more release of Tracker.  

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 604
RE: LCU HQ Filter - 12/10/2009 6:47:00 PM   
floydg

quote:

OK, in Guad scenario, SW Pac is under Australia Command.  I can filter on Aus Command in Tracker, but then don't see any of the LCU's assigned to SW Pac. 

A strange command structure for the Guad scenario for sure.  If it's not an issue for anyone in the campaign, then I'm happy to let it go.  I've yet to start a campaign, but will soon.  I've been waiting for Patch 2, and now one more release of Tracker.  

Yeah, I should probably do what I did for the Air Group HQ filter here for LCU's. In Release 1.2, I added a hierarchical listing of HQ. At least I can re-use some existing code...

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 605
RE: LCU HQ Filter - 12/10/2009 6:56:47 PM   
USSAmerica

Floyd, I checked the campaign, and SW Pac is a top level HQ there, so it's probably just a quirk with the Guad Scenario.  Now, if I were able to assign an Inf LCU to, say, I US Corps, which is subordinate to SW Pac, would the Inf LCU be displayed if filtering by HQ or not?  If not, then there is something to fix.  I suspect this is what you already addressed with the Air Group HQ filter. 

Great tool, getting better and better all the time. 

Mike

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 606
RE: tracking new game? - 12/10/2009 11:08:26 PM   
witpqs

Oh I have visited the google site, even downloaded the latest yesterday. Without having installed that yet to realize it is Tracker, just got my signals crossed!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 607
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 3:22:05 PM   
Nomad

Here is another updated region file. I think it is better organized. It should only be used with a new data base since many of the regions now have new id numbers.

Floyd, Damien, is some kind of super region still in the works/planning/possibilities?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 608
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 3:30:40 PM   
floydg

quote:

Here is another updated region file. I think it is better organized. It should only be used with a new data base since many of the regions now have new id numbers.

Floyd, Damien, is some kind of super region still in the works/planning/possibilities?

Thanks, Ken!

Nested regions are still on the list, but just not addressed yet. Are you thinking just a two-level structure is okay or should it be multi-level?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 609
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 3:35:59 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

So this would be a "post patch 2" region file then? Used after creating a new Tracker database from a post patch 2 save game file?

Thanks for doing the leg work on this, Nomad!

Mike

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 610
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 3:51:13 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

So this would be a "post patch 2" region file then? Used after creating a new Tracker database from a post patch 2 save game file?

Thanks for doing the leg work on this, Nomad!

Yes. Version 4a which is posted above is for ongoing games, it only corrects the spelling and names of bases. version 5 rearranges many of the regions into some better groupings plus spelling corrections.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 611
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 3:57:14 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

Thanks, Ken!

Nested regions are still on the list, but just not addressed yet. Are you thinking just a two-level structure is okay or should it be multi-level?

I think two levels would be very useful. Multi-level could also be very useful. I can see a super region of all of the home islands and another of Kwantung, Korea and Northern China. Then a super-super region of those combined( with another of Formosa, Southern China, Hanian, etc.). In terms of production these could show what you have in reasonably protected transport areas total, and what each region has in excess or needs.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 612
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 5:24:36 PM   
Mynok

Ugh....something about tracker and AE on my system. Note that I run tracker with two GC games under Witp absolutely without problems on my Vista x64 system using 32-bit java. No problems at all. Trying to run tracker on an AE scenario 1 against the AI give me what look like overflow errors.

This is scenario 1, historic first turn. Save is right after the end of turn.

Insert Error code = -65
Table=EngineLargeDelta Values=(237,24079,0,-957552913)
java.sql.SQLException: Numeric value out of range
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.Database.InsertRow(Database.java:56)
at witptracker.Engines.InsertEngineLargeDelta(Engines.java:272)
at witptracker.Engines.InsertInTable(Engines.java:251)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadProductionPool(SaveFileReader.java:843
)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadScenarioInfo(SaveFileReader.java:357)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:88)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:121)
Insert Error code = -65
Table=EngineLargeDelta Values=(241,24079,0,-999557988)
java.sql.SQLException: Numeric value out of range
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.fetchResult(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.Database.InsertRow(Database.java:56)
at witptracker.Engines.InsertEngineLargeDelta(Engines.java:272)
at witptracker.Engines.InsertInTable(Engines.java:251)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadProductionPool(SaveFileReader.java:843
)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadScenarioInfo(SaveFileReader.java:357)
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:88)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:121)
Insert Error code = -65
Table=EngineLargeDelta Values=(245,24079,0,-968121717)
ERROR: Game type mismatch. Save file says Unknown and properties say vs. AI.
ERROR: Problem with save game file. Exiting.

There are many, many more of similar errors. I can email you the trackerdb.log, though the errors don't show up there.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 613
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 6:22:22 PM   
floydg

Mynok: looks like the file read is no good. Maybe the PC is too busy and the file reading gets messed up.

Can you delete the trackerdb.* files and try again with a "quiet" system?

If not, send the save file to witptracker@gmail.com and I'll see if it happens to me, too.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 614
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 6:27:59 PM   
Mynok

Save file sent. It's a Japanese human vs AI game scenario 1.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 615
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 7:33:06 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

I just wanted to pipe up and say thank you , superb add-on thats so critical to Japanese Industry management.

Now when i break my economy i'll know why

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 616
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 7:59:33 PM   
cantona2

Dumb ass question #538746873467

Can the Tracker read the Jap turn 1 before i resend it, ie the very first game turn before any combat replays etc. I'm allied BTW.

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 617
RE: tracking new game? - 12/11/2009 8:42:05 PM   
foliveti

What I do to get turn 1 for the allies in the system is do a dummy PBEM turn 1 of the scenario I am playing.  I will start a PBEM as the Japanese player of the scenario, enter a dummy password, end the Japanese turn and then reload as the allied player with the password I am going to play.  That gets the turn 1 in the system if you are doing historic first turn.

Frank

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 618
RE: tracking new game? - 12/12/2009 9:44:54 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

Can the Tracker read the Jap turn 1 before i resend it, ie the very first game turn before any combat replays etc. I'm allied BTW.

I've read this a few times and I'm still not sure what you are asking, but once you have a save file, with password it can be read by either side. Sorry if I'm having trouble understanding, I've been in a foreign country for way too long.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 619
RE: tracking new game? - 12/12/2009 12:27:07 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

I've read this a few times and I'm still not sure what you are asking, but once you have a save file, with password it can be read by either side. Sorry if I'm having trouble understanding, I've been in a foreign country for way too long.

I think the save file for a PBEM turn 1 isn't "ready" for the Allied side to read into WitPTracker until it is loaded into the game and saved as the Allied player (password needs to be set, at least). I think that will answer and explain the question.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 620
RE: tracking new game? - 12/12/2009 2:07:48 PM   
Nomad

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the save file for a PBEM turn 1 isn't "ready" for the Allied side to read into WitPTracker until it is loaded into the game and saved as the Allied player (password needs to be set, at least). I think that will answer and explain the question.

You can do two things here if you are playing non-historic start and one if you are using a historical start. The one that always works it to initialize the database with the turn sent using a blank password field in the properties file. The other is to open the turn file, set your password and then save it and use that one to initialize the database using a password in the properties file. If you do the first one, you will have to edit the properties file with your password for the second turn.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 621
RE: tracking new game? - 12/12/2009 6:35:37 PM   
Nomad

Another error report - the availability dates for aircraft engines is not sorting properly.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 622
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 12/13/2009 10:22:35 AM   
doc smith

Extraction doesn't work for me,

Running on Win 7. I run the witptracker batch file and although it ticks off all 13 files, all I see are the lib and region mappings folders and 4 files: tracker batch, pwsdll.dll, executable .jar (which doesn't run - I have installed Java's latest version as of 20091213) and a properties file.

Appreciate any help.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 623
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 12/13/2009 10:29:24 AM   
doc smith

Clarification to last post.

The batch file says:

"Java" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have successfully run other .jar files. Obviously there is a problem with the Win 7 "path". Not sure how to fix it.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 624
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 12/13/2009 11:31:32 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: doc smith

Clarification to last post.

The batch file says:

"Java" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have successfully run other .jar files. Obviously there is a problem with the Win 7 "path". Not sure how to fix it.

Doc - have a read of this ...

2. Java is not recognized as an internal or external command
Java is either not installed, or there is a pathing problem.

Solution 1. Check you have Java JRE installed.
Solution 2. Move Tracker folder to the Desktop or c:\
Solution 3. Copy java.exe from your C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin to the WitpTracker folder (remember copy not move)
Solution 4. (The best but most difficult)
1. Right-Click My Computer and select Properties
2. Then Click The Advanced Tab
3. Then Click Environment Variables
4. Select Path In The Bottom Box and Click Edit
5. Find Where You installed Java (E.g "C:\Program Files\Java\bin)
Its different on each computer so check where it's installed
6. Make Sure to add a semicolon after the word bin in the path to seperate it from the other important paths
7. If this doesnt work then you may have to reinstall Java and Try Again
Source(s):
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Setting Path on Windows
For Windows XP: (additional notes)

1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
4. Close the window.
5. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

(in reply to doc smith)
Post #: 625
RE: advances R&D - 12/14/2009 2:25:39 PM   
n01487477

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: StoneAge

quote:

Device Nakajima Ha-45 advances R&D
(Nakajima Ha-45, 9/43)
Device Nakajima Ha-44 advances R&D
(Nakajima Ha-44, 5/43)

I hope you can help with this. These engines have had this message in the operations report about 3 times each. Is there someplace where I can see the effect this message has had in tracker.

I have looked in:

Devices >> Engine Factory : no change here Avail Date still 9/43

and

Air Production >> Engines : no change here Avail Date still 9/43

or does this even show up anywhere in the game.

Thanks guys

Stone Age,
got the file and checked it out. Seems like an oversight on my part by not dealing with Engine R&D, specifically Device R&D - I thought I had, but obviously hadn't. Next update I'll get this working correctly for you, with alerts.

Does anyone know if other devices (other than engines) R&D? Thinking to make the date comparison as small as possible.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 626
RE: tracking new game? - 12/14/2009 4:10:12 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Another error report - the availability dates for aircraft engines is not sorting properly.

Fixed, as well as some of the other sort functions on the Industry pages. I've been in sort day paradise - makes me want to stop putting alpha-numeric together ever again

Been fixing and adding little code changes all day and I have little new to show for it. I hope by the end of the week I don't feel the same way.

Just worked out that the upgradeTo function in the airgroups area, will need some changes too. Seems like I was wrong to assume that the array of numbers (upgrade planes) couldn't change and that upgrading allows new paths...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 627
RE: tracking new game? - 12/14/2009 4:46:02 PM   
Przemcio231

I get an APLOSS eror when i try to load a turn into the Tracker any clue how can i overcome it???

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 628
RE: tracking new game? - 12/14/2009 5:04:13 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Przemcio231

I get an APLOSS eror when i try to load a turn into the Tracker any clue how can i overcome it???

What is the error?

(in reply to Przemcio231)
Post #: 629
RE: tracking new game? - 12/14/2009 5:40:24 PM   
Przemcio231

something like this...

Attachment (1)

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 630
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: tracking new game? Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI