Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/14/2000 5:38:00 AM   
Huffy

Bill,...I am having a blast...this is one of the few games on my comp...and definitly the most played...My SPWAW disk is always getting lent out..in fact I just lent it to the comp guy at Sam's club here, he didn't even hear about this game. So I imagin there will be alot in my area who will be joining us all who are already enjoying this great game. Thank you all. Huffy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 31
- 11/14/2000 6:02:00 AM   
M4 Jess Housley

way fun WB !! keep it up !!! M4

I remember the Tigers...poor lost kittys....Here Kitty..kitty

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 32
- 11/14/2000 6:35:00 AM   
Tankhead

hi Wild Bill! Having fun! Way to much fun ever since I got involved with the Matrix group to many names to mention it as put something in my life that was missing all along . This is the best wargame ever and us old timer would know as of most of us started playing wargames on boards and a millions little card board counters on a sheet of plywood, haaa those were the days. One problem I have now, 24 hrs a day is not enough hours for a day it should be 36. OHH yeah and the poor widows! Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 33
- 11/14/2000 7:37:00 AM   
Cona

My dog is fainting in hungry, my boss is trying to found me and my wife ... well, haven't seen her except when going to sleep ... Guys, this game is a LOT of fun! Saludos a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 34
- 11/14/2000 9:12:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Wow! Great news guys! All of you. Many thanks...I'm one of the addicted too, I fear! WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 35
- 11/14/2000 11:28:00 AM   
degen

Excellent game WB! The best word to describe me is obsessed. I haven't stayed up this late so often since my college days. For me, the timing was right since I had gone the Starcraft, Tiberian Sun route for a while and was looking for a game with more substance to bring me back to my wargaming roots. It's too bad I can't locate my old wargaming buds to let them know about it. ------------------ "I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 36
- 11/14/2000 11:38:00 AM   
Grisha

If you do a Cold War scenario, WB, make sure the IS-3 is in it. They were out by then.

Best regards,
Greg Guerrero

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 37
- 11/14/2000 11:58:00 AM   
crazyivan

well WB i,m still going strong here in little old New Zealand this game really is good to say the least.it's playability and fun factor are up there with the best.i enjoy a game which can offer so many veriables such as this one.the sounds are bar non and you can create the most historical encounters and also the most far out ones as well. you guys have done us proud and i take my hat of to you all its one hell of a game.

"The best form of defence,is attack"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 38
- 11/14/2000 2:25:00 PM   
Anzac Rambo

Im down in NZ too and I am finding UTR as much fun as I have had since my first campaign with Panzer General 5 years ago. Carentan was magic. Hoping someone will do Crete someday.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 39
- 11/14/2000 3:47:00 PM   
Sami

Wild Bill, I hold you and SPWAW directly responsable, that I haven't had time to update my site!!! Cheers, Sami "The Battles of Winter War" http://www.winterwar.com

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 40
- 11/14/2000 5:25:00 PM   
mogami

Fun? Fun? If you call being shelled for 26 straight turns by about 50 btrys of Tankheads 8inch 155mm 25pounder arty fun and then having Crocidiles spit fire all over your panic stricken Volks Grenadiers and then swarms of Shermans, Cromwells, Fireflys, and Engineers and infantry come out of all the smoke and flame and the landscape turn lunar and all night the shelling continues and your reserve infantry melts away without ever firing a shot and commandos come out the ground and blow the poor bazooka boys to bits if you call this fun then I'm haveing a blast..... Come to think of it I am!!!! ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 41
- 11/14/2000 6:31:00 PM   
Schrubbery

Man... GREAT work! I think the new features in 4.x are just incredible! And I haven't even tried the TCP/IP yet!! After Christmas I and my friends are going to gather to a LAN. You don't need to ask what's the name of the game... Even the little additions, like being able to watch the battle field and to save the results, add to the playability. A big 'WOW' from me!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 42
- 11/14/2000 11:28:00 PM   
lnp4668

I just have one complaint. I seems to have developt carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow from playing this game too much

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 43
- 11/15/2000 12:40:00 AM   
Tankhead

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami: Fun? Fun? If you call being shelled for 26 straight turns by about 50 btrys of Tankheads 8inch 155mm 25pounder arty fun and then having Crocidiles spit fire all over your panic stricken Volks Grenadiers and then swarms of Shermans, Cromwells, Fireflys, and Engineers and infantry come out of all the smoke and flame and the landscape turn lunar and all night the shelling continues and your reserve infantry melts away without ever firing a shot and commandos come out the ground and blow the poor bazooka boys to bits if you call this fun then I'm haveing a blast..... Come to think of it I am!!!!
ROTFL LOL ASSAULT CHARGE Tankhead ------------------ Rick Cloutier [email]rcclout@telusplanet.net[/email] Coordinator: Tankhead's SPWAW Resources http://tankhead.home.icq.com

Tankhead

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 44
- 11/15/2000 1:28:00 AM   
Wild Bill

"Cry havoc...and set free the dogs of war!" ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games [This message has been edited by Wild Bill (edited November 14, 2000).]

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 45
- 11/15/2000 2:17:00 AM   
Fabs

Is fun the right word? The SPWAW experience transcends fun. It can be exilarating, exasperating, desperate, it can hurt, it can make you scream in terror and immediately thereafter in triumph, it can get the best out of you, but also the worst . Someone like me, 45, with more around my waistline than I would like to have, having spent a lifetime in business with not a lot of adventure, can live this rollercoaster of emotions safely in my study while getting the sensation of being in the middle of my favorite period in history, making it happen and learning more about it. Thank you, Matrix, for making this possible. When can I start giving you some of my money? No bunch of guys were ever so deserving. My wife knows about the slow stripiing trick too, Wild Bill. It's about the only thing that will drag me away. Sorry guys, but if you saw her you would understand! What I want to know is how you got yours to actually have a go at the game. That's what I call a result. Mine would not be seen dead playing around with it. But then she's seen what an animal I become in the middle of a game, when things are not going my way. She must think that one raving lunatic is enough in the family. ------------------ Fabs [This message has been edited by Fabs (edited November 14, 2000).]

Fabs

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 46
- 11/15/2000 2:40:00 AM   
skukko

This is just fantastic game. Not much more to say. Wife problems?Buy playstation and few fantasygames to her, and she will not bother with sex and other nonsence, and lets you play the war again and again...kids have grown a bit I noticed...

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 47
- 11/15/2000 3:13:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Yeah, check on 'em once in a while, Skukko I do that too Ah yes, the stripping thing...so many choices, so little time WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 48
- 11/15/2000 3:22:00 PM   
rurukaa

Fun playing this game is an understatement. Just like I used to play with 1/300th scale tabletop games, only better as the cat can't spoil the position of units. Got to be the best game ever and it was FREE. Thankyou to ALL at Matrix. PS anybody remember Charles Upham from NZ? Winner of VC and Bar.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 49
- 11/15/2000 9:08:00 PM   
Wild Bill

The name rings a bell in my head, but refresh our memory, Mate!...Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 50
- 11/16/2000 1:06:00 AM   
Nikademus

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: So fellow wargamers, through these months of anticipation, frustration, bug searches and fixes, moans and shouts of joy, I gotta ask you... Are we having fun or what? That is what gaming is all about!
***** NO i am NOT having fun. I keep loading WBW scenerios (hence to rechristened EBW scenerios (E for EVIL) and then getting my general's stars handed back to me points first!!!!!! I've lost count of the number of AFV's halftracks, and now Amphibious assault vehicles i've lost. And dont talk to me about casualties. ok, yes i am having fun. This game is the ultimate wargame. Now if only we could convert it to naval matters........ [This message has been edited by Nikademus (edited November 15, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Nikademus (edited November 15, 2000).]

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 51
- 11/16/2000 1:30:00 AM   
WW2'er

WB, I must join in the chorus of folks that are having a BLAST in playing this game. My current addiction is your Utah To The Rhine campaign. What a RUSH! It is far and away the most challenging campaign I've ever played in all the SP games. All of you at Matrix have done a great job with this game! Thanks again! Now, can you PLEASE do something about the Carpel Tunnel bug that is just killing me??!?! WW2'er [This message has been edited by WW2'er (edited November 15, 2000).]

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 52
- 11/16/2000 2:20:00 AM   
rexmonday

fun? when I have 2 AT teams and a 3 man recon squad stuck on the highway as 3 JagdPanzers and a full platoon of mechanised SS riflemen rolls down the road? fun indeed.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 53
- 11/16/2000 2:48:00 AM   
Almogavar

Fun? Not really, SPWaW is my dream. 38 years waiting for this game and now I´m playing each minute in my free time. Thanks for all your good job. Almogavar ------------------ Desperta ferro.

Desperta ferro.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 54
- 11/16/2000 4:14:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks guys. I guess EWB or DWB (Devious) would work fine Just trying to keep you on your toes..tiptoes, that is! WW2'er, man, I am sorry to hear that about CTS. You think that is what it really is? I hope not. I guess if anyone should have it, it is me. But then I've got a little of everything else, so maybe I'm being cut some slack. These situations you describe, guys, I though they only happened to me. I find comfort, small though it may be, to know I am not the only one in these sudden dilemmas, which quickly can become disasters. It is addictive. I am hooked. But I'm having fun! And campaigns, this Watchword Freedom Campaign has me buggy. I keep replaying it. I'm on my fourth try now. Even when you win, you want to go back and do better, or just simply figure out how you did it! It is definitely on a par with Utah to the Rhine! Wild Bill Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 55
- 11/16/2000 4:48:00 AM   
ruxius

Frank's must be here too among all of you cause I want to swear all my love and fidelity to Steel Panthers and its almighty new future : SPWAW !! Hey Bill I think you are very very very .... (very)^2 lucky cause your wife loves you in your first but also in your 'second' life ..I suppose you understand what I mean.... :-)) My girlfriend sometimes thinks she should have a 'turret' to make my eyes shining in staring at her..I tried to explain my point of view... :-)) but she really hates me ... well just divorcing... FROM HER ! :-))))))))))))))))))))))

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 56
- 11/16/2000 5:04:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ruxius, A woman understanding our love for wargames is like us understanding her love for shoes. The good thing about wargaming is that they know where we are at least. Yes, I'm blessed in both lives and with both loves, but of course, like you, I try to keep them in the right order. SPWAW will never snuggle up to me on a cold night to keep me warm It sounds to me like you have quite a good lady standing behind. Be glad she loves you enough to miss you. It's nice to be missed sometimes. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 57
- 11/16/2000 10:52:00 AM   
chief

Wild Bill this game is so addictive that a DEA agent has been staking out my house ------------------ Sm:):)th Sailing...chief

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 58
- 11/16/2000 10:56:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Invite him in, Chief, for a quick review and play of the game. Then...another one bites the dust WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 59
- 11/16/2000 3:31:00 PM   
AmmoSgt

My Dogs are well behaved... have learned to sit and cry when i am at the computer.. actually ..wait .... i haven't heard any crying for 3 days.... The Wife ... she's fine ...i think.. said something about ebay last week ... she hasn't complained since ...next week i am going to take a break and go vote ..... I LUV this game

"For Americans war is almost all of the time a nuisance, and military skill is a luxury like Mah-jongg. But when the issue is brought home to them, war becomes as important, for the necessary periods, as business or sport. And it is hard to decide which

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI