Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the company your wish list.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the company your wish list. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/15/2009 9:41:27 PM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

ORIGINAL: hightimes

Figure I'll throw in my feedback while I wait for someone to answer my noobish starting position question (in scenario design and modding section).

Here are my suggestions (keeping my mind I have only played long enough to experience the interesting effects of bureaucracy on a large empire).
those with a * are more fanciful ideas, may not be possible to implement I'm not sure.

-Trading: Would require the techs and spacecraft to be built, could have interesting effects (such as bringing a "poor" class but well located system up to a normal or rich through trading) or simply monetary gains. Also to trade with other races with limited trade routes, ala GC3. this could include specific new buildings

-Razing/looting a conquered planet: this goes towards the bureaucracy issue. what if we just want to capture, trash, and move on? this may already be an option (with plagues, nanobots) I'm not sure, I haven't invaded a planet yet- however I see no way to destroy any of my current owned systems/stations (and I have definitely tried, would also be great for creating a "moat" of emptiness around owned systems and dealing with over-expansion).

*Capital class starships- each planet can only construct one (fully upgraded shipyard needed) with huge costs and maintenance- could be upgraded to add RPG qualities, increase stats of nearby ships, etc. etc.

*Space Marines- marines you build and load onto specially made transports, used to attack and (possibly) takeover larger ships -and- stations. also upgradeable inner ship security to deal with Marines. Could also quell unrest in space stations.

*better space stations: possible to upgrade space stations to have a specific function (re supply with increased range, trade stations, mining stations, shipyard stations, tactical warfare stations, outposts etc etc. and more slots to build after specializing.

*ethics/reputation: not sure how this is implemented now, but a well thought out ethics system could do wonders. (imagine having choices such as: do I raze and loot the newly conquered planet, try to assimilate them, or allow them all to leave peacefully, leaving me to start from scratch (this affecting reputation for all or just the race concerned)

I also second the great Idea of Naval yards, and a high maintenance cost for ships out of dock.

Good ideas! Seconded.

It's Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away...

(in reply to hightimes)
Post #: 91
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/15/2009 10:19:12 PM   
hightimes

I forgot to mention (and this has likely been said before) my biggest problem with Armada 2526 so far has been the custom map options.

I'd like to see an option to have a clustered galaxy, to be able to increase or decrease chances of extreme/poor/etc. planets and anomalies, more than 1 map, wormhole options, and starting position options would also be great. Personally I most enjoy huge maps with -very- sparse resources and planets with huge divides between empires (makes it feel more like space for me), and would love to be able to see this in Armada (or maybe someone can answer my first question and I can just make my own map! :D)

(in reply to ShotmanMaslo)
Post #: 92
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/15/2009 11:50:21 PM   
Tom_Holsinger

A simple way to achieve your underlined outcome would to simply mod, in the *.xml files, the values and screen display labels, assigned to the various types of planets. Poor worlds could be made very poor in effect, or average. Barren worlds could be made into asteroid fields, and asteroids into neutron stars, etc.

I don't know if the spreadsheets presently allow such mods. It's worth a look to see if they do.

quote:

ORIGINAL: hightimes

I'd like to see an option to have a clustered galaxy, to be able to increase or decrease chances of extreme/poor/etc. planets and anomalies, more than 1 map, wormhole options, and starting position options would also be great. Personally I most enjoy huge maps with -very- sparse resources and planets with huge divides between empires (makes it feel more like space for me), and would love to be able to see this in Armada (or maybe someone can answer my first question and I can just make my own map! :D)

(in reply to hightimes)
Post #: 93
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/16/2009 9:40:26 AM   
Wade1000

I disagree with implementing racial attitudes like in MOO3, if it is being considered. I think the Civilization 4 model of attitudes is better. They all start out neutral and over time varoius hatreds and friendships develop depending on deals, actions, alliances, trades, etc. No attitudes are pre-set. Either do it like that or leave it as is is my opinion. Otherwise, you're going to get essentially the same allies and enemies everytime.

I greatly dislike pre-set partial stories/histories and artificial limits in 4Ex strategy games.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 12/22/2009 7:30:30 PM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Tom_Holsinger)
Post #: 94
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/22/2009 11:34:13 AM   
Wade1000

(from list of upcoming update)

quote:

Improved Bureaucracy. Effect reduced and capped. Scales with size of map. Additional settings to reduce or disable.
Hopefully, some improvement in problems saving large games.

I plan to play the largest map sizes in Armada 2526. Can we have included in an update the feature of unlimited research? Maybe a "Future Advancement 1,...2,3, etcetera" idea. Each "Future Advancement" increases the power of structures and ships by 1%. Maybe have the research cost of each "Future Advancement" increase by 50% or 100%.

This being included in the upcoming patch would be excellent because it relates to the large map/game size updates included already. If not in this update then in another soon one would be greatly appreciated too.

I'm close to telling the praises of Armada 2526 to people around me.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 12/22/2009 7:25:41 PM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 95
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/22/2009 3:09:21 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wade1000

I disagree with implementing racial attitudes like in MOO3, if it is being considered. I think the Civilization 4 model of attitudes is better. They all start out neutral and over time varoius hatreds and friendships develop depending on deals, actions, alliances, trades, etc. No attitudes are pre-set. Either do it like that or leave it as is is my opinion. Otherwise, you're going to get essentially the same allies and enemies everytime.

I greatly dislike pre-set partial stories/histories and artifial limits in 4Ex strategy games.

The only thing that Moo3 should be used for is an example of how NOT to do a 4x game. The Civ 4 model is better. (IIRC, SoTS is the same way.)

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 96
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/23/2009 1:56:14 AM   
JohnMcD

I have a couple of thoughts on what should be potentially included in future patches:

1. Planet sizes. They should NOT all be the same, some should be smaller or larger than others. 100 max size for every system?
2. # of planets. What happened to the concept of multiple planets per system?
3. Maximum population size should vary by race. Races with a natural higher birth rate should be "Granted" the ability to have a maximum population greater than those with lower birth rates. Make it +10% for each change in birth rate to each planet max size.
4. Population should never grow over the maximum of a planet causing more unrest. They just don't grow which is a negative as you "waste" growth.
5. Tech trees need to be much larger. Long games run out of techs in a couple of hundred turns. Some of the players like long, huge games with lots to research. Even if it is
better shields and or offensive weapons.
6. A simple listing of fleets stating X combat ships + Y non-combat ships. Makes it easier to sort inactive fleets to determine which you have unused transports and/or ark ships.
7. Random events. Even if they can be turned off, it would be nice to "find" money, techs, or have your homeworlds get damaged by earthquakes, plagues, etc...
8. Spys. The ability to actually know what your enemy's have in terms of # of planets, production, fleets and tech would be nice. If you can steal or damage some of it, so much the better.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 97
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/24/2009 5:00:29 PM   
JohnMcD

Oh I forgot one that can be fixed earlier (and should be).

When you set your music/volume preferences they only kick in when the game has actually been started once.

It is annoying to have game volume on your computer when you don't want it that only shuts off after you have actually started a game.

(in reply to JohnMcD)
Post #: 98
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/31/2009 12:33:43 AM   
adamsolo

I did a thread in Ntronium forums with my first suggestions, here it goes: http://ntronium.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=409.0

In summary (sorry, long post):

- Toggling planets in the planets list should keep the last tab active
- The fleets list should be enhanced to be able to sort by class. And by the way we should be able to merge ships by class.
- The planets list should be enhanced to include the non-colonized planets
- The game must have an intro
- You should consider changing the colony glowing thing to something more functional, maybe static and with a stronger color.
- The ship routes need to provide the option to switch them off. Maybe an option to show them when we click the planet where the ships are headed to or where they come from.
- Right clicking in a tech while in the diplomatic screen should present the technology information
- Mine Complexes should present the amount of base production they add when constructed
- Diplomacy deals are sometimes very odd like some race offering $1 or $1 for 3 turns, these are very odd deals, you should consider removing that.
- Many times a 100% deal is rejected by a race with a counter offer that does not include the initial offer. If this is a feature at least we should be informed why they didn't accepted the first deal in the first place (maybe something like: "we have our reasons"). 
- Races reject gifts (tried with techs), and keep constantly rejecting all gifts. Tried with 2 races. And in the end they get offended ... bug or feature?
- I have no idea of why a race is hostile towards me (there are no modifiers or historical records). I really miss something like Civ4 positive and negative modifiers. If I recall correctly GalCiv2 also provides this.

Other topics addressed here:
- Auto-transport Pop thing: No, shuttles are elegant. Keep it as is.
- More options to custom maps: Yes, definitely.
- More techs: Yes, important.
- Ship costumization: No. Or else is SE4 or GalCiv2, has some have mentioned (let's try something different for a change).
- Different planet sizes: Agree.
- More ships: Yes, make them more different for each race
- Bureaucracy: I like it, similar to Civ4 expansion costs (makes sense). Must provide structures and/or techs to counter that effect (like courts, special police or new forms of government)
- Fleet lists and Colony lists needs upgrading to sort all non-colonized planets and show ships in a more structured way

That's it for now, more to come...

I'm still in the middle of my first serious game ... maybe my auto-transport opinion will change :) anyway remember that if we need to come up with fantastic turnarounds to something is because that something is flawed in the first place.

< Message edited by adamsolo -- 12/31/2009 6:33:18 PM >

SpaceSector.com
Your source for Space & Sci-Fi Strategy Games

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 99
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 1/1/2010 5:28:46 AM   
Wade1000

Here's my preference on how further race customization could be done.

I'm of the game philosophy that any race/empire should be able to research any advance/technology that any other can. I'm against too much uniqueness in the technological area. Bonuses and penalties are interesting but if it's to the point of denying a civilization an advance that another can get then I don't like it.

Just my opinion.

If one civilization can build something like slave camp, uber laser, mega bomb, organic or crystal structures/ships, hyper shields, etcetera then another civilization should be able to also.
Now... certain bonuses and penalties to these are interesting. A slave minded civilization could build 'better' or 'cheaper' slave camps. A war minded one could build 'better' or 'cheaper' uber laser, mega bomb, (or just all weapons in general)...etcetera.

(in reply to adamsolo)
Post #: 100
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 1/2/2010 9:14:53 PM   
shinobu

Two things I would like to see:

1) an expanded tech tree. In my "test games", it seems to me that I got to the end of the tech development in a relatively short amount of time.

2) the ability to form "fleets", and name them (2nd Fleet, Red Fleet, Task Force 45, whatever). It would help the organization of player military forces immensely.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 101
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 1/5/2010 1:53:29 AM   
balenami1291

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wade1000

More for wish list:

I believe that the vast, forum-silent majority do not mod or use mods and they do not want to. They, like me, would rather wait for official updates while continuing to try a game or while playing other games. I wish there was not such a focus by developers towards us to mod games. It only discourages the mentioned majority players.

I have seen this on other game forums also and it is usually only about 5 to 10 players that often talk about modding.

Though, I do appreciate that modding is available to those that like it.

+1.

I played my first ten games and I think was made a very good job but the game has enormous spaces for improvment game play and game interface.

my personal wish list:

interface improvement
1) add one more status in colonies' list for production.
Now you have 3 status: green (have production) grey (no production issued) brown (production non at all)
Please add Orange = production is issued but there isn't enough money to start it.

2) issuing multiple destinations for ships. Scouting requires lots of click. Patrolling is possible only between 2 planet no more.

3) tech tree's node's description. Please add what type of industrial plant is request for building it.
For ships' designs this type of data is present. Why not (i.e.) for mining plants?

4)universe mine map could be resizeable (biggest).

game play improvement

1) planet size. Adds key point in strategy choice

2) a new type of colony ship: Depot
it Requires 0 pop and it can build a small fully automated colony useless for living and for production but useful to increase the range of your ships, no more. It can be used in the first stage of the game. Avoid to buid poor colonies only just for increase your range. Maybe could be upgraded as space stations ??

3) If you decided to maintain only one tech tree for all race, I think you can permit a totally custom race generation. Do you remember STARS! ?? I think you need support from community for balancing especially because you have different victory conditions.
But It isn't impossible!!

4) TCP/IP or/and a "server-Client" for multi-player pbem.

5A) a more complex tech tree. There are not so much artefacts to improve economy!

5B) a more complex tech tree. Ship's types... No more design but more upgrades!!

6) diplomacy AI (in every 4X game I know diplomacy AI can be improved)

7) I think game structure leads to plan raiding' wars. Mines' fields can help to defend or delaying raiding fleets. as for stealth tech and scanners, you can set up a great tree of tech and counter tech...

8) winning battles or capturing colonies, the winner can be grant with technology booty

9) fine tuning for auto resolve battle. if I don't want to play real time I could still give some order to my fleet.
"ignore loss", "retire when 50% loss" "flees",

10) trade rout to complete trade missions. More key points to defend, more chance to make a good booty!!

Excuse my bad English

< Message edited by mi1291 -- 1/5/2010 10:36:09 AM >

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 102
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 1/17/2010 3:46:21 AM   
lordxorn

I believe I read through the whole thread and am amazed that no one has yet requested,

Fleet Management- ALA Lost Empire: Immortals is a good example of a way for us players to manage fleets better.

Unless there is something I missed?

(in reply to balenami1291)
Post #: 103
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the company your wish list. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI