Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:02:15 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: pacificbetta

quote:

Try running from the witptracker.bat file and see what messages are shown.

The error message is 'java' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Well then Java has not been set up correctly ...

2. Java is not recognized as an internal or external command
Java is either not installed, or there is a pathing problem.

Solution 1. Check you have Java JRE installed.
Solution 2. Move Tracker folder to the Desktop or c:\
Solution 3. Copy java.exe from your C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin to the WitpTracker folder (remember copy not move)
Solution 4. (The best but most difficult)
1. Right-Click My Computer and select Properties
2. Then Click The Advanced Tab
3. Then Click Environment Variables
4. Select Path In The Bottom Box and Click Edit
5. Find Where You installed Java (E.g "C:\Program Files\Java\bin)
Its different on each computer so check where it's installed
6. Make Sure to add a semicolon after the word bin in the path to seperate it from the other important paths
7. If this doesnt work then you may have to reinstall Java and Try Again
Source(s):
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/path.xml

Setting Path on Windows
For Windows XP: (additional notes)

1. Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced
2. Click on Environment Variables, under System Variables, find PATH, and click on it.
3. In the Edit windows, modify PATH by adding the location of the class to the value for PATH. If you do not have the item PATH, you may select to add a new variable and add PATH as the name and the location of the class as the value.
4. Close the window.
5. Reopen Command prompt window, and run your java code.

(in reply to pacificbetta)
Post #: 751
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:09:38 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad
quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477
quote:

I have a problem with the sigint. Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt but that file doesn't exist yet. I would have to rename the asigint file for it to work and the big problem is if I forget then I can not reread the turn file. This is going to cause a lot of problems, is it possible to have it read the asigint ( or jsigint ) file instead?

I've just woken up - & not known for my clarity at this time of day ... why is there no file for this turn ?

I think what is happening is I am loading the 12/23/41 turn file but the latest asigint file is for 12/22/41 but Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt which doesn't exist. I think you need to open the sig int file for the day before the turn file.

I think it depends on side you are playing too, Allies should always be ok - right(?), Japanese player needs options.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 752
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:23:32 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have a problem with the sigint. Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt but that file doesn't exist yet. I would have to rename the asigint file for it to work and the big problem is if I forget then I can not reread the turn file. This is going to cause a lot of problems, is it possible to have it read the asigint ( or jsigint ) file instead?

I've just woken up - & not known for my clarity at this time of day ... why is there no file for this turn ?

I think what is happening is I am loading the 12/23/41 turn file but the latest asigint file is for 12/22/41 but Tracker is looking for asigint_411223.txt which doesn't exist. I think you need to open the sig int file for the day before the turn file.

I think it depends on side you are playing too, Allies should always be ok - right(?), Japanese player needs options.

Uh.... All of my testing was on old turns, so of course the files were there. I never tried a "new" turn. Oops.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 753
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:29:09 AM   
pacificbetta

quote:

Solution 3. Copy java.exe from your C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin to the WitpTracker folder (remember copy not move)

Tried this and it works. Now I have the whole weekend to play with the tracker. TYVM.

< Message edited by pacificbetta -- 1/3/2010 2:14:33 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 754
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:33:36 AM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think I am running into the same thing - maybe I can tell what I am doing and you can tell what I am supposed to be doing?

I am Allies in a PBEM. Right now I am working on Turn 2 (1941-12-08).

1) When I was working on Turn 1 (1941-12-07) was the only time when I had the save for Turn 1, combat had not yet been resolved - therefore the various files (intel, etc.) did not exist. I loaded Turn 1 into Tracker.

2) After my opponent sends me back the turn resolution, I get (a) the replay file and (b) the new save game. I ran the replay to generate the various reports for Turn 1 (1941-12-07). Then, I loaded Turn 2 into Tracker. But it never picked up the various reports from Turn 1 (the previous turn).

Here's the key point - when you get a turn back, the save game over-writes the previous turn save game. Obviously there are manual ways around this, but maybe the simplest approach would be, when Tracker loads a turn, have it look for the previous turns reports.

Like I said, I might be misunderstanding how I'm supposed to use Tracker (like when I'm supposed to load turns or something), so please set me straight if that's the case.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 755
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:34:38 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

Uh.... All of my testing was on old turns, so of course the files were there. I never tried a "new" turn. Oops.

I was writing my previous message while you posted this.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 756
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 1:56:34 AM   
floydg

All - I am working on a fix now for reading the intel files. I should have something by tomorrow.
Sorry...

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 757
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:04:53 AM   
Nomad

quote:

All - I am working on a fix now for reading the intel files. I should have something by tomorrow.
Sorry...

No problem, we are just doing the beta testing and we found a small glitch.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 758
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 3:01:11 AM   
vonTirpitz

I love the new map feature you guys added to show search arcs. The other new features are awesome as well. Excellent job and thank you for your efforts!

Have a Happy New Year to all AE devs and fans. May your torpedoes always strike their targets in 2010.

Marc

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 759
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:14:06 PM   
BreadAstaire

Any chance we can get a link to the earlier versions........i seem to have degraded and need to start over.

Thank you

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 760
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:27:35 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Breadguru

Any chance we can get a link to the earlier versions........i seem to have degraded and need to start over.

Thank you

The latest version of WitPTracker should work for almost all releases of WitP:AE, if that's what you were concerned about. What AE release are you using?

< Message edited by floydg -- 1/3/2010 2:28:46 PM >

(in reply to BreadAstaire)
Post #: 761
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:28:25 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Thank you

I guess 1.3.1 (with the new fixes will be out when Floyd gets a chance to work his magic)

[edit] Ah, I hadn't thought about that Floyd, he's thinking this is just for post patch2 games ... In which case I withdraw my previous comment

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 1/3/2010 2:30:18 PM >

Post #: 762
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:35:26 PM   
BreadAstaire

was running 1.01 but I seem to have corrupted it now it does not respond. can I go direct to 1.3 or do I need to start over?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 763
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:38:18 PM   
USSAmerica

New features list looks fantastic, guys!  I'm particularly excited to see the TF resource load history.  Will that also work for supply and fuel?  I'd like to be able to track (no pun intended) the unloading rates for different ports/docked, etc. 

I hope you boys are still having fun with this project, because we sure love using it! 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 764
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:38:31 PM   
floydg

quote:

was running 1.01 but I seem to have corrupted it now it does not respond. can I go direct to 1.3 or do I need to start over?

You'll need to start over with 1.3. This version can upgrade from 1.1, but not 1.0.1.
If you need 1.0.1 again, I can send it to you.

Post #: 765
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:39:25 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

New features list looks fantastic, guys!  I'm particularly excited to see the TF resource load history.  Will that also work for supply and fuel?  I'd like to be able to track (no pun intended) the unloading rates for different ports/docked, etc. 

I hope you boys are still having fun with this project, because we sure love using it! 

Mike: shows supply, fuel, resources and oil.

Fun, yes, mostly...

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 766
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:42:43 PM   
BreadAstaire

Floyd, yes I will. On the tracker homepage only 1.3 is downloadable

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 767
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:53:23 PM   
floydg

quote:

Floyd, yes I will. On the tracker homepage only 1.3 is downloadable

Yeah, I did that so nobody would accidentally pick the wrong version. But I just put up 1.0.1 again.

Post #: 768
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 2:54:17 PM   
BreadAstaire

thank you

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 769
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 1/3/2010 3:01:13 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could change something in the devices tab to make it easier to follow up upgraded devices. Bit hard to explain, so an example, a unit has device A in it's TOE, but has upgraded this to device B. Right now we have the following.
Unit shows up in the list for device A, with the TOE amount and 0 for current
Unit shows up in the list for device B, with the TOE amount = 0 and the number of current devices.

Is it possible to change this to get this unit out of the list for device A and get the TOE for device A to show up for device B ?

Guessing this could be a bit tricky, but it would make tracking device usage and needs a good deal easier.

Thanks for adding the pools to the LCU device screens, it's a very nice addition.

It looks like you've mentioned less improvements in the change notes than you actually made. This request seems to have made it's way into 1.3, but I don't see it mentioned. Thanks a lot for this !

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 770
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 1/3/2010 3:05:08 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could change something in the devices tab to make it easier to follow up upgraded devices. Bit hard to explain, so an example, a unit has device A in it's TOE, but has upgraded this to device B. Right now we have the following.
Unit shows up in the list for device A, with the TOE amount and 0 for current
Unit shows up in the list for device B, with the TOE amount = 0 and the number of current devices.

Is it possible to change this to get this unit out of the list for device A and get the TOE for device A to show up for device B ?

Guessing this could be a bit tricky, but it would make tracking device usage and needs a good deal easier.

Thanks for adding the pools to the LCU device screens, it's a very nice addition.

It looks like you've mentioned less improvements in the change notes than you actually made. This request seems to have made it's way into 1.3, but I don't see it mentioned. Thanks a lot for this !

I noted the addition of the pools, but the device usage was not updated. I looked at the usage, but I couldn't find a good example, so I punted on it for now. If it works, it must have been a mistake and I should fix that...

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 771
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.2 Available - 1/3/2010 3:11:17 PM   
Smeulders

I seem to have been a bit too quick. I've loaded up a game were most of the Australian BF have upgraded from CMF Militia to CMF Infantry, in the Militia Device, these LCU aren't mentioned anymore, which I thought they were in the previous version. That's why I thought you had changed this. It does remain the same for the Infantry device though, amount is mentioned, but the TOE amount is indeed 0.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 772
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 4:40:01 PM   
hunchback77

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hunchback77

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: OSO

I like the map panel. It would be really cool if the intel panel was integrated with this like it was in Bohdi's utility.

I occasionally get some re-drawing issues while playing with map scaling but its nothing I can't work with.

Long-term goal is to roll that in there, too.

What kind of re-drawing issues do you see? I only saw cases where changing the scale didn't update the scroll bars properly.

Resizing the map window with right scroll bar and then changing the scale to 12% does it on my computer. The map completely disappears but I can get it back by setting the scale to the 100%, 75% 50% settings. Not a big problem for me.

Thank you Guys, beautiful work. Keep it up.

You're welcome.

When the map "disappears", can you use the scroll bars to scroll up to the top-most left-most part and see if the (small) map is up there?

No, the scroll bars usually disappear with it. Going to 100% scale gets the map back right away , not a big problem for me. Thankyou floydg.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 773
WitPTracker AE Release 1.3.1 Available - 1/3/2010 5:30:42 PM   
floydg

Okay, I now have release 1.3.1 available.

This is an incremental fix for loading the signal intelligence files. The program will now also look for a file called "asigint.txt" or "jsigint.txt" if it can't find a file with a date on in the name. Also, it will look for the file for the date previous to the turn being loaded. That means, for example, if you load the first turn (12/7/41), it will be looking for a file named (for Japanese player), jsigint_411206.txt, which won't exist, but if you load the save after the first turn is run, the date will be 12/8/41 and it will look for a file named jsigint_411207.txt or jsigint.txt which should exist for December 7th.

Also added a tooltip to the Turn column in the Intel panel that shows the date associated with the turn number.

Release is available here.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 774
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3.1 Available - 1/3/2010 6:46:23 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Okay, I now have release 1.3.1 available.

This is an incremental fix for loading the signal intelligence files. The program will now also look for a file called "asigint.txt" or "jsigint.txt" if it can't find a file with a date on in the name. Also, it will look for the file for the date previous to the turn being loaded. That means, for example, if you load the first turn (12/7/41), it will be looking for a file named (for Japanese player), jsigint_411206.txt, which won't exist, but if you load the save after the first turn is run, the date will be 12/8/41 and it will look for a file named jsigint_411207.txt or jsigint.txt which should exist for December 7th.

Also added a tooltip to the Turn column in the Intel panel that shows the date associated with the turn number.

Release is available here.

Question: If I am on turn 2 and want to load this, will the following happen - load turn 1 (12/7), it looks for 12/6 files reports and properly finds none, then looks for asigint.txt and finds it. Then load turn 2 and it finds the 12/7 files. Therefore the turn 1 reports/sigint files get loaded twice (once during the load for turn 1 and once during the load for turn 2)?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 775
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3.1 Available - 1/3/2010 7:20:39 PM   
floydg

If you load turn 1, it won't find a sig int file, since none exist for Dec 6.
When you load turn 2, it will look for the sig int file for Dec 7, once it finds a file, it'll try to load it.

The key here is the name of the file and the first line of the file. If the first line's date doesn't match the date it's looking for, it will not load it (and you'll get a WARNING message).

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 776
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available - 1/3/2010 7:25:36 PM   
gwosborn

Floyd and Damian,

Thanks again for this great program. I was previously running version 1.2 but now after downloading the new version and replacing the witptracker.jar file I am getting the below error. Was I supposed to replace any of the other files? Or how do I modify the .bat memory settings to -Xms384 -Xmx512?

Any help would be appreciated.

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WITPstaff>java -Xms128m -Xm
x256m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
WitP Tracker AE tables loaded in 62 seconds
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap spa
ce
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknow
n Source)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at witptracker.MapPanel$Map.<init>(MapPanel.java:344)
at witptracker.MapPanel.<init>(MapPanel.java:196)
at witptracker.GUIMain.CreateAndShowGUI(GUIMain.java:605)
at witptracker.GUIMain$5.run(GUIMain.java:682)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WITPstaff>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 777
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3.1 Available - 1/3/2010 7:29:42 PM   
Roger Neilson II

Great work as always guys, however one little question on the sigint files.....

I have more than one game running and the stuff is all in the save folder so how do I avoid it loading the 'wrong' sigint?

Roger

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 778
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3.1 Available - 1/3/2010 7:32:35 PM   
ny59giants

Will it look for multiple SigInt reports if your playing 2 day turns??

(in reply to Roger Neilson II)
Post #: 779
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3.1 Available - 1/3/2010 7:34:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

If you load turn 1, it won't find a sig int file, since none exist for Dec 6.
When you load turn 2, it will look for the sig int file for Dec 7, once it finds a file, it'll try to load it.

The key here is the name of the file and the first line of the file. If the first line's date doesn't match the date it's looking for, it will not load it (and you'll get a WARNING message).

What caused the question was this part of your previous post:

quote:

The program will now also look for a file called "asigint.txt" or "jsigint.txt" if it can't find a file with a date on in the name.

I put in bold the part that makes me ask. When I load turn one, it won't find a date-named sigint file for Dec 6. However, it will find a 'asigint.txt' file, which is actually for Dec 7. That one got created by the combat replay for turn 1 (Dec 7), and will be over-written when I do the combat replay for turn 2 (Dec 8). I hope I'm explaining this clearly.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.3 Available Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI