Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WW1 MP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Opponents Wanted >> WW1 MP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WW1 MP - 4/29/2009 11:04:03 PM   
06 Maestro

So, this game is in good shape now, but it seems that there is no activity with MP. I'm looking for someone who is willing to give this thing a good try. It may turn out that the setup will be very easy to accomplish-maybe not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. MP mode is where these games really shine-its time for this one. This game can handle 4 players-that would be a great war indeed.

I'm located in GMNT -8. My available hours over the next week are very flexible. I have no preference for the side, but have much more experience as the CP. I have Hamachi which comes in handy with these MP games, but we may not need it.

I have tested the MP functions on my home network. The game plays quite nicely over a LAN with the latest patch. The setup was actually very easy. I just set the IP-didn't assaign a port and the "joiner" found the host in a few seconds-game on.

< Message edited by 06 Maestro -- 7/23/2009 3:44:55 PM >

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Post #: 1
RE: WW1 MP - 7/29/2009 6:50:40 AM   
Mus

As I told you in my PM earlier I am thinking of picking this game up. Would be glad to try multiplayer if I do, but would need to learn the game through some singleplayer first.

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 2
RE: WW1 MP - 8/4/2009 7:01:37 PM   
calvinus72

I'm available for a MP game in September, when I'll be back from vacations.

Do you prefer the 1914 or the 1916 scenario?

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 3
RE: WW1 MP - 8/5/2009 1:08:39 AM   
06 Maestro

Calvinus
I've never even tried the 1916 scenario. I'll look it over-a change in pace might be a good thing.

It may be a little difficult to get a game on due to out locations. I suspect you are at GMT + 2. That's a 10 hour difference between us. In Decmber I will have an open schedule again; until then it will be difficult to plan on any game time from 2200 to 1900 Pacific Time each day/night. I was hoping for someone on my side of the Missisippi-or at leat on my side of the Atlantic.

When you are game for a game, let me know and perhaps we can get together.
Thanks.

Mus-if you ever get the game, we can give it a go. At least you are on my side of the Channel.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to calvinus72)
Post #: 4
RE: WW1 MP - 8/5/2009 7:58:20 AM   
calvinus72

quote:

I've never even tried the 1916 scenario. I'll look it over-a change in pace might be a good thing.

I'm currently enjoying the 1916 scenario. This is why I was wondering such an opportunity.

quote:

It may be a little difficult to get a game on due to out locations. I suspect you are at GMT + 2. That's a 10 hour difference between us. In Decmber I will have an open schedule again; until then it will be difficult to plan on any game time from 2200 to 1900 Pacific Time each day/night. I was hoping for someone on my side of the Missisippi-or at leat on my side of the Atlantic.

Argh! The time locations are really not compatible! We really have to wait for better times.

Anyway, I'd like to build a MP AAR, of course.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 5
RE: WW1 MP - 8/10/2009 7:56:44 PM   
Kurtz

I have been playing WWI for a month, both with the Entente and the Central Powers. I am located in GMT+1 and available also from September.

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 6
RE: WW1 MP - 1/5/2010 3:55:26 PM   
bmelenson

I just bought the game and would be willing to give MP a shot. Need a few weeks, though, to learn the game mechanics on single player.

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the use of brute force. If brute force does not solve your problem, you simply aren't using enough force."

(in reply to Kurtz)
Post #: 7
RE: WW1 MP - 1/6/2010 4:59:07 AM   
06 Maestro

Perhaps we can get a game going in a few weeks. It can be a warm up game-no need to take it to completion. I am awaiting the Gold Edition which I assume will be easier to play in MP mode.

Let me know when you are ready.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to bmelenson)
Post #: 8
RE: WW1 MP - 5/17/2010 7:10:11 PM   
JasonPratt

Maestro,

How goes the search for a MP game? (I just bought Gold yesterday; I'm in the Central US time zone. I take it there's no pbm.)

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 9
RE: WW1 MP - 5/18/2010 1:49:43 AM   
06 Maestro

Hi Jason

There needs to have be a host computer that you can connect with-or you host for someone else-if I understand your question. I am playing some MP games-some successful, some not. Soon there will be a new patch that has some MP fixes included with some other things. Hopefully within a week or so you will be able to find opponents right here.

As soon as the patch goes public I will be looking for a game.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to JasonPratt)
Post #: 10
RE: WW1 MP - 5/18/2010 1:11:19 PM   
JasonPratt

quote:

As soon as the patch goes public I will be looking for a game.

I'll be checking this forum. Keep us posted!

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 11
RE: WW1 MP - 6/12/2010 6:37:25 AM   
06 Maestro

Looking for another player for a 4 way game starting at about 9am PT (GMT -8)Satuday.

(in reply to JasonPratt)
Post #: 12
RE: WW1 MP - 6/14/2010 10:03:30 PM   
JasonPratt

That's 11am central standard, right?

So far I could do that. I'll need to upgrade to the latest f patch... (and finish going through the tutorials I guess...)

"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 13
RE: WW1 MP - 6/14/2010 10:34:51 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: JasonPratt

That's 11am central standard, right?

So far I could do that. I'll need to upgrade to the latest f patch... (and finish going through the tutorials I guess...)

You got the time right. You would need to spend some time playing in the army by army mode too. :) It's not that hard, but it is more complicated than the wego method.

I can do a quick connection test today, or in a couple of days. Let me know when you are ready.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to JasonPratt)
Post #: 14
RE: WW1 MP - 6/15/2010 1:34:31 PM   
JasonPratt

Are we up to four players yet? I can re-activate the Wargamer Forum thread checking for players...

Designers should consider adding a bit of code to the engine somewhere (maybe in the pre-startup option shell) for pinging ip addresses. I don't recall seeing one anyway.

"Pratt creates a real, hard, dirty world that is somehow still fantastical and full of magic and mystery. Daunting, but worthwhile." -- Vanessa Lee for Front Street

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 15
RE: WW1 MP - 6/15/2010 1:49:18 PM   
JasonPratt

bump! Date for first gameplay now tentatively set; still need 4th player as of Tues morning 15th

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 16
RE: WW1 MP - 6/15/2010 2:53:34 PM   
06 Maestro

We may still need one. Mus and I had some connection difficulties-the game did not make it into the first military phase in our test game.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to JasonPratt)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Opponents Wanted >> WW1 MP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI