Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/5/2010 6:00:30 PM   
Abnormalmind

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 181
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/5/2010 6:00:53 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ralphtrick
You mean a CSV file that contains something like this with the turn number, Force, Hex, Lost, Remaining, Equipment similar to the information that's in the current screens? It gives a lot of information, but it can currently be got at by scraping the individual screens.

Yes, scraping the individual screens is how we do it now. But my question was: Is there some way we can get TOAW to output a screen that we can capture with a 'screen print' or maybe TOAW can output a file that has the same information. What the final result is would be simular to the following picture:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 1/5/2010 6:01:41 PM >

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 182
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/5/2010 6:04:46 PM   
Abnormalmind

Axis Losses

At the start of turn 12, the Axis have lost approximately 10% infantry, 1% artillery, and 5% armor (or so). I suffered some vaporizations earlier due to aggressive ignore loss assaults. I'm sure Larry's losses are greater since a few pockets are starting to collapse.

(in reply to Abnormalmind)
Post #: 183
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/5/2010 11:33:29 PM   
ralphtricky

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
quote:

You mean a CSV file that contains something like this with the turn number, Force, Hex, Lost, Remaining, Equipment similar to the information that's in the current screens? It gives a lot of information, but it can currently be got at by scraping the individual screens.

Yes, scraping the individual screens is how we do it now. But my question was: Is there some way we can get TOAW to output a screen that we can capture with a 'screen print' or maybe TOAW can output a file that has the same information. What the final result is would be simular to the following picture:

The CSV file is a list of the equipment and what the losses are that can be loaded into Excel. I can probably add the picture name so someone could write a simple program to generate better looking results.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 184
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 1:38:50 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

quote:

quote:

The CSV file is a list of the equipment and what the losses are that can be loaded into Excel. I can probably add the picture name so someone could write a simple program to generate better looking results.

I see, we're talking about different screen. I'm talking about the sitrep screen that flashes up after each battle. I'm capturing information about those battles into a file that could be loaded into Excel or something else and processed.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

Post #: 185
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 1:55:12 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

I see, we're talking about different screen. I'm talking about the sitrep screen that flashes up after each battle. I'm capturing information about those battles into a file that could be loaded into Excel or something else and processed.

Yes, a CSV file would do nicely. I ( or somebody )can write a program that will use the CSV file as input and will produce the picture that is needed for an AAR. Thanks muchly.

Post #: 186
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 2:04:46 AM   
ralphtricky

quote:

quote:

Yes, a CSV file would do nicely. I ( or somebody )can write a program that will use the CSV file as input and will produce the picture that is needed for an AAR. Thanks muchly.

Like this?

Attachment (1)

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---

Post #: 187
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 2:11:46 AM   
larryfulkerson

I figured out what field 1,2,3, and 9 are but what are the other fields? on hand, rate,etc?

Anyway this will probably do what we want. Thanks.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 188
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 2:16:13 AM   
ralphtricky

X Map, Y Map, Lost, Left (or maybe total), Icon

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
---

Post #: 189
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 2:45:20 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

X Map, Y Map, Lost, Left (or maybe total), Icon

Many thanks. I'll see what I can come up with. Oh...by the way, how do you turn on the sitrep file?

EDIT: never mind....I found the switch under advanced game options.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 1/6/2010 3:47:08 AM >

Post #: 190
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 3:48:48 AM   
larryfulkerson

Well, turn 12 is finished.  Patrick is winning all over the map.  He's broken through my lines in the south and will soon surround and destroy about 30% of my army.  D'oh.

The turn 12 AAR is found here:  http://www.filedropper.com/augustfogivturn12

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 1/6/2010 7:09:55 PM >

Post #: 191
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 6:11:03 PM   
sPzAbt653

Hey Mr. Fulkerson, that link doesn't seem to direct me to the proper link.

Post #: 192
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 7:13:10 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
Hey Mr. Fulkerson, that link doesn't seem to direct me to the proper link.

Yeah, I tried it too and found out that it didn't work for me either. So I uploaded it again to the same file server and then tried it and voila, it worked. Surprisingly, the second upload had the same name and link address as the first upload but the second one works and the first one didn't. ??? Anyway, try it now. Sorry for your trouble. One more time somebody has a problemo like that and I'll start using a different file server.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 193
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 8:14:52 PM   
sPzAbt653

Yes, it works now, thanks !

I was going to post an observation, but it might be something that the German side shouldn't know, so I'll send you an e-mail.

Post #: 194
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 8:31:17 PM   
Abnormalmind

quote:

Yes, it works now, thanks !

I was going to post an observation, but it might be something that the German side shouldn't know, so I'll send you an e-mail.

Hope it's the "If General Patton bites it, the Allies go into shock for a gazillion turns."

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 195
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/6/2010 8:48:40 PM   
larryfulkerson

Well, turn 13 is finished.  Patrick tells me that it's almost impossible for the Allied player to lose.  Maybe with a litte luck I can accomplish the impossible.  Anyway, turn 13's AAR can be found here:  http://www.filedropper.com/augustfogivturn13

Post #: 196
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/7/2010 4:31:39 AM   
larryfulkerson

Turn 14 is done.  Patrick is still raising havoc all over the map.  There's a tiny problem with the 35th Division.  It's still in garrison mode and the Germans are about to destroy it.
Turn 14's AAR can be found here:  http://www.mediafire.com/?zkdyykuz5on

Post #: 197
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/7/2010 9:55:37 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

There's a tiny problem with the 35th Division.

Um, yeah. It arrives in garrison mode so it can rest a little, then it is released on turn 19. It is also released if the Germans approach. But ... when Oberst Patrick got to the area quicker than I thought possible, the event didn't work. Nice advance Patrick!

This is what I didn't mention a couple posts ago, because I didn't think the German side should know that the 35th Div was stuck in garrison mode, easy to surround.

Next time this happens, this won't happen!

Post #: 198
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/7/2010 6:49:32 PM   
Abnormalmind

Turn 15 Axis

The weather has cleared, and the Allied airforce will be swooping in with their 1,000+ planes. The Axis wasn't able to encircle Metz or commence operation "Destroy Big Pocket." Most unfortunate. Although, the western portion of the "Big Pocket" is nicely shattered thanks to the 1st SS. I predict 50+ minimize assaults rather soon, as there is little I can do to adequately stop the coming aerial onslaught. Most of the vital German bridges are well garrisoned to repulse the expected bridge assaults.

German forces nearing Sedan!

< Message edited by Abnormalmind -- 1/7/2010 6:50:10 PM >

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 199
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/7/2010 10:23:15 PM   
larryfulkerson

Allied turn 15 is done.  I got a boat load of planes and Patrick has retreated his planes to the deep south somewhere to keep them for a rainy day I guess.  I busted some bridges and tried to destroy some arty batteries and stuff like that.  Turn 15's AAR can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/augustfogivturn15

Post #: 200
mini movie T1 throu T13 - 1/8/2010 8:53:32 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here' the minimovie from turns 1 throu 13. This is the most frames I can include and still have it small enough to post here. The blue stuff is the Germans and the red stuff is the Americans.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 1/8/2010 8:54:30 AM >

Post #: 201
turn 16 - 1/9/2010 6:13:54 AM   
larryfulkerson

Well, turn 16 is done.  Not much to say really.  I bombarded a bunch of German units with my bombers and busted some bridges.  The AAR can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/augustfogivturn16

Post #: 202
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 8:42:46 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

Patrick has figured out that he can bombard my airplanes with his long range arty.

That sucks .

Post #: 203
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 9:00:00 AM   
Abnormalmind

Hey now, I am forced to use the LR train artillery all the way heck north where it is not helping my advance.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 204
RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread - 1/9/2010 9:19:46 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Ooops...I let the cat out of the bag. Well, he was within striking distance anyway. Sorry about that Steve.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 205
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 9:27:23 AM   
Abnormalmind

Turn 17 End - Axis

Situation Briefing

Panzer divisions have been hard pushing back Larry's flank. Larry had laid out a great defense with two lines of artillery supporting around the Maginot Line. I was seriously concerned. Axis forces kept pressing westwards until the super river located at Longuvo, where the 116th Panzer division met with Larry's far left flank. To my surprise, his left was protected with infantry! The assault started in ernest as Allied planes were starting to tear my forced to ribbons. I was able to push General Patton into a nest, and crush it. So long General. See you in the afterlife.

With sufficient forces the axis have encircled allied forces. The start is his moveable supply depot, which is target numero uno. A lot of his artillery retreat away from the strong German mech regiments. And what doesn't flee, gets a frontal assault by Tiger I and IIs, with a sprinkle of Jagdtigers.

Post #: 206
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 9:33:45 AM   
Abnormalmind

Post #: 207
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 9:34:43 AM   
Abnormalmind

Post #: 208
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 11:42:16 AM   
larryfulkerson

Okie dokie......turn 17 is done.  I busted a bunch of bridges this time and got some reinforcements, which I'm directing to the spot of the last attrosity.  How do you spell attrosity?
Turn 17's AAR can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/augustfogivturn17

Post #: 209
RE: turn 16 - 1/9/2010 1:49:26 PM   
Josh

Attrocity.

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: Autumn Fog Playtesters Thread Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI