Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Typhoon screenshots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Typhoon screenshots Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Typhoon screenshots - 1/12/2010 8:07:12 PM   
Theng

quote:

quote:

Could you put two dots on the o in Konigsberg to make it Königsberg? They are missing in the map screenshot. It would be nice to have the proper German spelling of the German towns.

..and Russian town names with proper Cyrillic spelling..

I think that's an awesome idea. I am glad you are thinking that way. Ideally make it switchable for the folks who can't read cyrillic and/or can't read Umlauts?

Molon Labe!

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 61
RE: Typhoon screenshots - 1/12/2010 10:29:34 PM   
notenome

Though I agree with the majority of the roads not being in, I think the minsk-smolensk-moscow highway should be in as it was absolutely crucial to the axis supply situation in the winter. The rzhev winter offensive and a lot of the action seen by the 9th (?) army occured precisely because if the soviets managed to interdict the highway the axis supply situation would have gone from horrid to catastrophic. The absolutely brutal fighting that almost turned Das Reich into a paper formation was a direct consequence of this, and there really is no way that the situations facing AGC at that time can be represented (or intentionally reproduced) without the inclusion of this specific highway.

(in reply to Theng)
Post #: 62
RE: Typhoon screenshots - 1/13/2010 5:13:56 AM   
Jonny

notenome is right. I think a few more roads in the western portion would be awesome as well.

Jonathan R. Rono

(in reply to notenome)
Post #: 63
RE: Typhoon screenshots - 1/30/2010 12:24:45 AM   
Arckon

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

In this shot a German Corps HQ has been selected.  It is outlined in purple.  It's subordinate divisions are outlined in blue.  Peer units that are part of the same command are outlined in yellow.  It's superior HQ is outlined in orange.

Edit - This is a shot from the '41 campaign, not Typhoon.

It is important for developers to remember 8- 12% of males are colour blind, mostly to the red/green hues. For instance I can see red and green fine, however as a kid I would quite often picked up a magenta coloured pencil thinking it was red until I used it on the page and then realised it wasn't red.
In the above image i had to hunt around for the Superior HQ outlined in orange (it didn't jump off the screen at me) but once found it I had no problems seeing it. Not a huge problem for the majority of their buyers but something that a developer being aware of can make a big difference to a small % of their users without needing months of development to sought out.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 64
RE: Typhoon screenshots - 1/30/2010 8:28:58 AM   
Obsolete

Well, to be honest the first thing that popped into my mind when looking at the shots was "Why am I looking at a TOAW map?"

Not that that was bad, but nice to know I wasn't the only one.  I guess counters are more memoriable than I had thought.

But after going through this whole thread, I'd have to say the coolest counter is that in dlazov66's avatar :P

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Typhoon screenshots Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI