Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PBEM 109

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 109 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/12/2010 11:10:34 AM   
terje439

To: The godless Spaniards

This is a one time offer only.
Return immediately to Spain, and agree to a 8000 VP war loss, and peace will once more bloom. If not I am afraid your fleet will have to come out to play if you want to feed your army now located on French soil!
There is nothing for the Spaniards in Paris save Death!

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 841
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/13/2010 3:39:45 AM   
06 Maestro

Has anyone heard from Bill? Time is flying by-along with the turns. If Bill cannot rejoin the game, then we must get a replacement player-ASAP.

I wish the best for Bill, but if he is not here, he needs to be replaced.

I make a motion to seek a replacement player within 24 hours after a unanimous vote by the current players.
A second, please.

Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 842
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/13/2010 9:22:05 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Be a real shame if we have lost Bill, he's a good player and a nice Guy; but reluctantly I agree with 06 as I feel it's putting an unfair load on Mat having to cater for 2 Nations and may well skew the game overall if Mat has conflicts with both National goals.

"BILL IF YOU ARE OUT THERE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH"

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 843
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/13/2010 4:27:39 PM   
Matto

Yes, I want to have Bill back ... Spain army is now in strange situation  

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 844
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/13/2010 5:08:43 PM   
Matto

Waiting for Sweden

My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 845
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/15/2010 4:54:14 AM   
06 Maestro

Turkey Turn 91 sent in.

Still no word from Bill, I gather. Its time to look for a replacement-tis sad, but it must be done.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 846
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/15/2010 8:21:09 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Englands T91 sent in.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 847
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/15/2010 3:15:11 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matto

Spain army is now in strange situation  

...Stupid Dons did not take my offer of peace, and their army did not learn the last turn they went to Paris...
Oh well, we will see what happens as this move was NOT something I did not see coming

Terje (Oh, and replied btw)

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 848
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/16/2010 7:51:08 PM   
Anthropoid

T91 RusDone . . . you treacherous bastitches . . .

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 849
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/16/2010 10:51:31 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

Coo ... who's got the Czarinas Knickers in a twist this time?

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 850
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/17/2010 6:20:15 PM   
Matto

Waiting for Ottomans ...

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 851
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/18/2010 1:46:08 AM   
06 Maestro

T91 sent-for real.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 852
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 12:13:52 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

England T92 sent in.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 853
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 12:29:27 AM   
terje439

France in

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 854
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 3:01:15 AM   
06 Maestro

Turkey in.

BTW-I wonder if surrender terms can be a secret treaty?
I can't help but to wonder what my good friend, the Czar, will be forced to do.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 855
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 2:32:30 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

On past form, sneak attack Turkey or Sweden ... or both!

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 856
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 5:24:47 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker

HiHi

On past form, sneak attack Turkey or Sweden ... or both!

All the Best
Peter

Yes, yes, that is what I was envisioning. As the surrender was unexpected, you will have a small window of opportunity to lead the Czar, by the nose, to the south.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 857
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 6:28:14 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

I for one ain't going anywhere near the Czarina, nose or other bits... I've heard the stories!

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 858
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/19/2010 7:14:40 PM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker

HiHi

I for one ain't going anywhere near the Czarina, nose or other bits... I've heard the stories!

All the Best
Peter

The Czarina is dead-she lived a "full" life .

Czar Poid has filled her slippers....or tried too. Damn vodka swilling surrendering koala bears. No more vodka here-I'm switching to "freedom corn liquor".

I regret the non diplomatic tone of this communique, but I just never expected Russia to surrender under any circumstances. The O.E. High Command is in a state of shock-of course this is nothing that the Royal Bong and some Freedom Corn Liquor can't cure.

Selim 06

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 859
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/20/2010 1:54:23 AM   
Anthropoid

I was referring of course to Britains use of mittens during their winter siege of St. Pete. Real honorable warriors do not wear mittens, which are a certain sign of "treachery."

Seriously though, I was just getting a little bored fighting half of the Civilized world, and thought this might be a good time to seek a rapprochment, a detente if you will, perhaps even a warm friendship? with my Anglish speaking Knigget friends.

I saw my turn today guys, but classes just resumed and I'm slammed through tomorrow. Given the traditions which Churchill pointed out for the Royal British navy, I can only guess what sort of royal butt-reaming I might expect from my newfound British, erm . . . "friends." Naturally, therefore I want to play my next turn when I'm as clearheaded as possible. If I get my head above water and have any brain power left tomorrow afternoon I'll squeeze it in after meetings. Sorry to be a regular source of slowness. SO glad, I'm only in one PBEM.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 860
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/20/2010 2:53:29 AM   
06 Maestro

I can sympathize with the need to analyze the situation. I am in a slightly awkward situation now. I'm wondering if I only have to fight 1/4 of the world, or 1/2.

I have 2 days off-I'm hoping to have a leisurely look at the new situation.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 861
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/20/2010 9:42:34 AM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

It is also well known that English Seafarers are renown for having a Wife in every port , bit of a shame that, given Russias dramatically reduced population, Russian Tars are only now gonna get the opportunity.

Incidentally the rumours coming out of Wales re Russian PoWs have been confirmed, they have indeed picked up on the Welsh habit of un-natural sexual activities with Sheep, so fraid you won’t get much of a population boost from your returnees

On a serious note re PoWs, I was surprised that my & Prussias PoW's were not returned to home provinces, I will try moving mine towards friendly territory but if they do freeze up in Russia I will try 'Violating Neutrality to extract them; it may pay you therefore to alter your PBEM policy to non aggressive to England for a bit while I get them out in case there is a kick-back with lost GP for non compliance with Surrender protocol etc, your call.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 862
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/21/2010 1:43:58 PM   
Anthropoid

Well I did not anticipate my state of war with Austria would necessarily end as a result of surrender to England. The war with Austria IIRC was declared by me, well before the one I declared on Prussia, and after which England DoWed me. Since England DoWed me with a predecent alliance with Prussia, it would make sense that surrendering to England results in cessation of war with both England and Prussia, but I had not anticipated that it would end with Austria too. Ah well, I guess we should all be friends now

I think the game could be improved if it tried a bit more to reflect some of the the cassus belli and diplomacy elements in EU3 Heir to the Throne. In that system, allies can be called into a war (but refuse) and they can also pursue separate peace.

I'm surprised how many divisions you had captured, that is more than I remembered; but then the war has been dragging on for a long time. The fact that my POWs magically transported back to Russia but yours did not is also an apparent problem in the engine.

I'll be curious to know what the war score racks up to be, and I think it is fair to ask England (or which ever player is going to draft the Terms of Surrender treaty) to maybe report back to the whole forum about that. Since there have not been many PBEMs, I don't know how many of us have good intuitions for how the numbers rack up, and I do think it is totally fair for us to hope that we will share these kinds of insights with one another. Obscure game mechanics are not a fun basis for good gaming IMO. However, maybe I'm just ignorant, and I could've seen what the war score was all along? Is there a way to see the current "war score" balance in-game?

I'm anticipating (hoping!) that you won't actually have that much of a score racked up against me simply because I won most of the early battles, and you only took one province, whereas I had taken about 3 or 4 from Austria. Again, maybe my appraisal is inaccurate and biased by hope more than rationality. I'm not aware of where in-game you can get good summary statistics of casualties, PoWs, relative war-scores, etc. so I was just going by intuition. I guess it counts all war scores on an alliance in aggregate?

Interestingly, with respect to some earlier comments about using the Overview tab: until I about the second turn after the large British force arrived in St. Pete I was NOT able to get any clear sense for how many troops were there. Once I realized the number of troops, and saw the rate of casualties in one turn, I realized at least one turn before St. Pete fell that it was likely to fall. Had I wanted to be really gamey I guess I would've surrendered on THAT turn instead of waiting and letting you go ahead and bust into St. Pete. I'm guessing that had I done that, you would have had a quite low war score overall.

But then I am such an ethical and honorable gamer  I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror if I had pulled that kinda shenanigan!

(in reply to Kingmaker)
Post #: 863
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/21/2010 9:50:08 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid

I'll be curious to know what the war score racks up to be, and I think it is fair to ask England (or which ever player is going to draft the Terms of Surrender treaty) to maybe report back to the whole forum about that. Since there have not been many PBEMs, I don't know how many of us have good intuitions for how the numbers rack up, and I do think it is totally fair for us to hope that we will share these kinds of insights with one another. Obscure game mechanics are not a fun basis for good gaming IMO. However, maybe I'm just ignorant, and I could've seen what the war score was all along? Is there a way to see the current "war score" balance in-game?

I'm anticipating (hoping!) that you won't actually have that much of a score racked up against me simply because I won most of the early battles, and you only took one province, whereas I had taken about 3 or 4 from Austria. Again, maybe my appraisal is inaccurate and biased by hope more than rationality. I'm not aware of where in-game you can get good summary statistics of casualties, PoWs, relative war-scores, etc. so I was just going by intuition. I guess it counts all war scores on an alliance in aggregate?

As far as I know, there is no way to see the score at any given time, but you can calculate it if you want.
However there are a number of things to take into consideration, like provinces captured, legal level on both sides diplomats, number of casualties in the war (you need to kill a given number of enemy troops to get 100% VP value), and a set score for winning the war, etc.
However in your case you will have 3 DIFFERENT war scores;
1. Against Britain, you have not taken any of their provinces, they have one of yours, that means a small boost to British VP value, and I guess that Britains diplomats legal rating is higher than yours, so another boost to Britain.
2. Against Austria, you have captured more provinces than they have, and legal score should be about the same, so I guess not too high a VP value for Austria.
3. Against Preussia, there is not much, probably just the basic VP value that you automatically get for a victory in war.

So, I guess the British will cause you the most pain

Terje.

(BTW: Replied)

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 864
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/21/2010 11:58:49 PM   
Mus

With VPs what matters the most is whether or not they have inflicted sufficient casualties on you to take full VPs, if not they receive a percentage of the VPs based on how much of the casualty amount they actually achieved.

The formula in the manual is correct, the only thing that isn't correct is the manual states your adjusted VP can't fall below a certain point and we have proven that false in our games so far.

< Message edited by Mus -- 1/21/2010 11:59:20 PM >

Mindset, Tactics, Skill, Equipment
Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 865
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/22/2010 7:29:02 AM   
06 Maestro

Turkey Turn 93 sent in.

Welcome back, Bill.

Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Mus)
Post #: 866
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/22/2010 8:26:44 AM   
Matto

Bill is back, great ! Great for all, that Spain - France war is now in really interesting situation ... isn´t it Terje?

(in reply to 06 Maestro)
Post #: 867
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/22/2010 10:47:07 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matto

Bill is back, great ! Great for all, that Spain - France war is now in really interesting situation ... isn´t it Terje?

indeed ^^
50.000 POWs waiting for me in Paris

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 868
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/22/2010 12:01:09 PM   
Matto

Maybe ... or maybe you will have a big problem take Paris back ... maybe 

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 869
RE: PBEM 109 - 1/22/2010 1:39:40 PM   
Kingmaker

HiHi

England T93 sent in.

All the Best
Peter

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 870
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM 109 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI