Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

events choices in PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> events choices in PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
events choices in PBEM - 1/24/2010 2:43:56 PM   
eric13

Playing V1.6 by PBEM, with control of still neutrals italy and minor allies to PLAYER 1 ( axis) , it looks like the PLAYER 1 is in charge of validating the events choices of PLAYER2 ( allied player ) .

did you all notice this ?

with the idea of using F11 to give control of ex-neutrals to PLAYER 1 only when entering war , maybe this issue could disappear ?

thanks for your comments .

eric
Post #: 1
RE: events choices in PBEM - 1/24/2010 5:47:53 PM   
Harbinger

In PBEM there is a choice of "Save and Exit" that allows the player to send the Event to the correct player so that they may choose their option for themselves. This may create several additional mailings in order to complete the turn, an issue that I believe the developers are looking into.

Assume nothing.

(in reply to eric13)
Post #: 2
RE: events choices in PBEM - 1/24/2010 11:09:05 PM   
eric13

ok , it works ...
yes in fact in PBEM there is a lot of this kind of few things that really look not very adequate ..
first of all the very difficult way to see the combats that occured, only through the reports .

(in reply to Harbinger)
Post #: 3
RE: events choices in PBEM - 1/25/2010 11:59:27 PM   
Chocolino

The events in an PBEM are not handled ideally - no doubt.

Most people I have discussed this with use the following work-around to avoid excessive emailing forward and backward because of events:

One player makes the choices for all PBEM opponents and informs them about it. In worst case you can always redo the move if the choice was incorrect (just save before the events phase). But by making reasonable choices for your opponents you reduce the need for replays almost entirely.

The drawback remains that you know about your opponent choices. I understand that this is about the best the developers can make it for now without a major rewrite.

(in reply to eric13)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> events choices in PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI