events choices in PBEM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath

eric13 -> events choices in PBEM (1/24/2010 2:43:56 PM)

Playing V1.6 by PBEM, with control of still neutrals italy and minor allies to PLAYER 1 ( axis) , it looks like the PLAYER 1 is in charge of validating the events choices of PLAYER2 ( allied player ) .

did you all notice this ?

with the idea of using F11 to give control of ex-neutrals to PLAYER 1 only when entering war , maybe this issue could disappear ?

thanks for your comments .

eric

Harbinger -> RE: events choices in PBEM (1/24/2010 5:47:53 PM)

In PBEM there is a choice of "Save and Exit" that allows the player to send the Event to the correct player so that they may choose their option for themselves. This may create several additional mailings in order to complete the turn, an issue that I believe the developers are looking into.

eric13 -> RE: events choices in PBEM (1/24/2010 11:09:05 PM)

ok , it works ...
yes in fact in PBEM there is a lot of this kind of few things that really look not very adequate ..
first of all the very difficult way to see the combats that occured, only through the reports .

Chocolino -> RE: events choices in PBEM (1/25/2010 11:59:27 PM)

The events in an PBEM are not handled ideally - no doubt.

Most people I have discussed this with use the following work-around to avoid excessive emailing forward and backward because of events:

One player makes the choices for all PBEM opponents and informs them about it. In worst case you can always redo the move if the choice was incorrect (just save before the events phase). But by making reasonable choices for your opponents you reduce the need for replays almost entirely.

The drawback remains that you know about your opponent choices. I understand that this is about the best the developers can make it for now without a major rewrite.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI