Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is Prot Moresby?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Where is Prot Moresby? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/17/2010 11:10:52 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

I hope that String doesn't read this thread?

And BTW what is that composite US Div? How they got to India?

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 241
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/17/2010 11:31:48 PM   
Andy Mac

its 31st US Regt, 4th USMC Regt and 192nd and 194th Tank Bns plus a seperate Regt two 2 FA Bn's and an US Army Base Force coming in from Capetown to act as roundout.

It will take 6 months to rebuild in the meantime its acting as garrison for Hyderabad

String and PZB are now not looking at the other AAR as I want to talk about comparative strategies.

To a large degree its speculation because I don't know what their exploitation objectives will be. Depending on which way they go my plans will probably change to some extent.

Andy

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 242
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/17/2010 11:35:35 PM   
Andy Mac

Up until now I have been more or less ignoring China (not my favourite theatre) to my cost well given PZB's actions there I need to react so plans are afoot.

In other news I am pre positioning forces to cover the likely exploitation attacks that I care about.

India
Ceylon
Perth
NZ
Fiji
Tahiti

An attack on one of those will get a reaction pretty much nothing else will be allowed to interfere with my plans

Forts, Mines, Troops and Supply as well as fuel are being moved to these locales and have been since day 1 I will defend these locations against most attacks

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 243
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/17/2010 11:40:21 PM   
Andy Mac

When I get enough PP's

41st and 1st USMC to NZ
32nd and 27th to Australia
Amercal and probably 24th to Suva
25th will stay on PI until relieved
87th Mountain will go to Tahiti

other forces will be added as I find PP's and shipping I want each of these locations to have 3+ Divs plus air support forts and mines

Priority after these forces are in place will probably go to finding another Div for Australia and NZ

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 244
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/18/2010 4:33:23 AM   
Alfred

Andy Mac,

Sorry, I've held out this long, but I just can't any more.

Everytime I read the thread title..."this time India will stand"...I can't help but recall the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show when Bullwinkle, dressed in tails, plunges his arm into a top hat turned upside down (as per a magician's act) and with extreme confidence engages in the following immortal parlay:

Bullwinkle:  "Heh Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of the hat"

Rocky:  "Oh no...not that trick again.  It never works."

Bullwinkle:  "But this time it'll work for sure..."

and instead of pulling a rabbit out of the hat, he pulls a growling lion out of the hat instead...which he then proceeds at great speed and with extreme embarrassment shown all over his face, to shove straight back into the hat, and then says

Bullwinkle:  "Next time."

Yep, brings a smile to my face every time.

Alfred

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 245
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/18/2010 8:21:34 PM   
Andy Mac

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 246
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/18/2010 10:26:55 PM   
Nemo121

I know this might be impossible but you know how I am.... Is there any possibility to mass the forces you have covering against invasion of Ceylon, India and those US round-outs and attacking somewhere like Java or Sumatra?

A spoiling attack, at this time, might really throw a spanner in his works forcing him to redeploy assets, delay or weaken his attacks and generally, indirectly, buy your forces more time to really toughen the defences elsewhere. Even a limited attack which went aground, captured a few bases and then, before KB could arrive on the scene, loaded back up on ship and sailed back out west under |CV cover would leave him having to leave significantly stronger forces in Java/ Sumatra etc and having to make sure each of his attacks ( India, Ceylon, Oz ) was strong enough to overcome the force you had landed in Java/Sumatra ( in case you deployed it en masse against his invasion ). This would leave him having to weaken each invasion in order to find enough troops for garrison duty in Java and Sumatra whilst simultaneously strengthening each invasion to be sure to overcome your maximum defensive force ( his estimate of which will have increased as you've shown him a significant new force he won't have calculated for ). This dichotomy will force him to cancel at least one of those invasion, buying you greater strategic freedom and the opportunity to attack elsewhere. If you do so then you'll complicate his strategic situation even more, force him to redeploy even more, weaken the spearhead even more and get him reacting to you and losing the initiative.

Long-term plan I know but is something along those lines a possibility? I hate seeing forces spread about in defensive positions when there's any possibility for an attack.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 247
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/18/2010 10:42:02 PM   
Andy Mac

its possible is the honest answer but its very high risk.

Remember I dont get the Amphib bonus so I would need to mass most of AP and AK ships to do it which affects my abuility to reinforce Centpac s those ships are the best ones for unloading.

Also my units are all under strength units have large numbers of disabled troops and are low on support weapons. Only the two Australian Divs and maybe 1 US Div, 18th Brit Div and 7th Armoured Bde is ready for attack now which is not a lot of force.

Indian units are low XP (so low that they need tome to train and low on TOE) short of heavy and medium arty and my armour has no tanks.

Even the US units need time to train and recover disablements.

Having said that is it possible - yes probably but max 2,000 AV invading say Java covered by 4 USN CV's and 2 RN ones leaves me with three problems

1. An at best attritional air battle that I would struggle to break even in because of lack of pool density in key types
2. By doing this I am killing any 1943 offensive so I would be attacking in early 42 at the expense of 43
3. Allied squad and other devices are very limited I probably cannot stop my forces being attritioally destroyed in early 42 - Even a Div can become combat inneffective very quickly.

I guess its my view that an attack is high risk not only from the perspective of naval actions but also from land and air sides.

I have little strength and attacking Java would use it all.

(Part of this is my personal approach of not attacking unless the units attacking are 100/100 at start with at LEAST 10% of all devices surplus in the pool, and for air I want a full Sqns worth of each type I commit in reserve)

Once I attack I want the reserves and fresh replacements to keep going no matter what - risky shoestring operations just cost the allies men and ships they will need for properly constituted and supported attacks later)

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 248
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/18/2010 11:37:09 PM   
Nemo121

I would suggest that:

1. I amn't talking about invading now... I'm talking about invading AFTER he has moved his troops from Java/Sumatra to other theatres and Java/Sumatra are very weakly defended. This is a spoiling attack, not an attempt to gain new terrain etc.

2. He will have far, far less than 500 AV defending any single base in Java/Sumatra, thus 2,000 AV would be a shocking force to bring into the region and should be able to run riot... Especially if you went for a limited objective like taking Palembang and then retreating, allowing him to retake it --- incurring OIL, REFINERY and INDUSTRY damage on each occasion.

I amn't suggesting you stay around and fight... I am thinking much more of an op which runs as follows:
a) Land at Oosthaven and Merak.
B) blitz north into Palembang and then back to Oosthaven.
C) Blitz south through Batavia and Soerabaja and end up in one of the western bases on the island.
D) Evacuate from Oosthaven and western Java before the enemy can land their strategic reserve.

Hold out the threat of landing and wrecking Java again... as you shouldn't have lost many forces at all since you've run away before the enemy's land reaction forces can arrive on the scene.

3. Fair enough, if you wait to run a properly consituted operation I'm sure it'll succeed. It is just a pity that this condemns you to a year of sitting and prepping while he also preps. I think that sometimes you might find that going with what you have now finds the enemy so unprepared that you actually succeed more effectively than if you waited a year and attacked with a huge force but attacked right into the teeth of the huge defences he has spent that year building.

Anyways, just wanted to suggest it as it struck me as a golden opportunity for a counter-attack which would attack the enemy's critical weakness ( his economy ). Losing and recapturing those oil, refinery and industry areas would utterly wreck them and that'll pay huge dividends in 1943. Holding Java and Sumatra isn't on the cards but thoroughly wrecking them and then running away could be. Hence, a spoiling attack.

< Message edited by Nemo121 -- 1/18/2010 11:40:56 PM >

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 249
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 12:21:14 AM   
aprezto

Nemo. it's part D that is the difficult bit. Andy would almost certainly be doing this without air supremacy in 42.

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 250
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 12:23:49 AM   
Andy Mac

Oh its not a bad idea and it would sieze the initiative but the risk is to high for me and I think you underestiamte how hard it would be

And PZB faced it in his last gamne when his opponent counterattacked java so PZB would be aware of the possibility of something like it and would welcome it.

I currently have about 25 ships capable of Amphib Ops and about another 20 total in the next 9 months - so 45 Amphibs - thats enough to  carry a 4 Div Assault force but it would mean stripping every other theatre.

But my main concern is the risk reward pay off and the loss of my few offensive assets in a place where they can be cut off by sea and destroyed - at best my CV's can achieve parity with the IJN and with the loss of 7 BB's at PH plus Repulse and POW I am short of surface ships.

But it comes down to I would need to commit the cream of my LCU's to even give this op a chance and do so close to major japanese air bases at Singapore without carrier superiority

With the new Land movement routines I could not possibly get ashore land take more than one base before I am facing naval and air attacks on my invasion.

If he committed a major part of his fleet ready reserve of LCU's and AF to a NZ or PH operation then it might be possible but otherwise its just to risky for me

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 251
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 12:29:53 AM   
Andy Mac

Dont underestimate the blitz north part this isnt stock moving anywhere takes time and only one of the units is armour.

Marching even in move mode to Palembang from say ossthaven is a week+ its not all even major road - so its probably more like 2 weeks so say I am spotted 1 day out

You are talking what 3 days to unload, 14 days to march to Palembang say it falls in one day

Thats over two weeks - no matter where KB is it will be back and fighting by then,

Java is a better option for that as its further away from Singapore and the bases are closer so you would stage at Capetown and go straight into Souther Java landing at Loemadjang with its lvl 4 AF take that on day one air bridge in mediums from Norther Australia and go all out for Soerbaja

Maybe using marine Paras to take bases in the Flores for PBY bases

Andy

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 252
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 12:32:56 AM   
Andy Mac

If you hold Northern Australia and can base 17's and 24's at Wyndham, Derby and Broome then maybe its doable - the only real issue is if its obvious to me that java is more vulnerable than Sumatra I figure it will be obvious to PZB as well.

Plus aprezto tried it last time

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 253
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 12:35:42 AM   
aprezto

Since it was me that invaded Java against PzB in '42. I can categorically say that it is a tough nut. initially I did very well, but as Andy points out, the aircraft pools aren't deep enough in AE. They weren't deep enough in vanilla. The main difference was I intended to stay, not get in and get out. But the point was that I could not secure Java in time.
A different beast, as PzB had air transport in abundance and the WitP engine was very new in those days - I lost my carriers and the main part of my surface fleet to the pathfinding route on retiring to base (they decided to go to the East of Java rather than staying to the west) with obvious consequences.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 254
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 12:41:37 AM   
Andy Mac

Wobb I agree but the more I look at it the more doable it looks IF I am willing to take the risk - it would be a hell of a risk.

I need to go do some maths on my device pools.

If I was willing to cannibalise a couple of units and focus all my replacements into a second Corps could I get an assault force of 1 Brit, 2 Aus, 2 Indian, 2 USA and 1 USMC Div ready in time plus 2 Armoured bdes plus 2 - 4 Tank Bns

Or lets turn it around whats the earliest daye I could have a force like that ready and what surface and CV assets would I have to get it through t o Java.

Time for a bit of staff study work on logisitics and replacement pipelines I will do some desktop planning tomorrow to try and work it out.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 255
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 2:43:51 AM   
aprezto

With AE the biggest issue you have to overcome is the unloading model of all those troops and getting enough fuel and supplies ashore before you lose air supremacy. So lots of naval support.
I used Tjilijap as my initial landing, but I think that was not enough, you need to be landing in two locations.
You will also need a location that can allow transference of short legged ACs to Java. No use unloading them from crates if he torches them on the ground (the ones you can transfer from carriers are probably not sufficient to hold air supremacy long enough to unload the boats).
So I would recommend Christmas Island and the other one further West as I would imagine PzB will gun for Northern Oz after what Qball has pulled against Cuttlefish.
However, those locations have obvious flaws with their dislocation from anywhere else.
Ultimately I found this to be the biggest flaw in my plan. I had taken Wingapu (sp) and Darwin was my major port. I had two regiments defending it. He got air and naval supremacy after the redirection movement fiasco and then took this island back. Then Java was on its own. He then just wore me down.
Thinking on this. Potentially it is beneficial to actually target the best ports on the EAST side of the island for quick capture, such that you seriously curb his ability to do such things as fast transport, or fully fledged resupply/reinforcement TFs. So Potentially a direct invasion of Batavia and Soerbaja (shudder, just the thought of this scares me).
He is likely to have a ready reaction force at Singapore.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 256
RE: Where is Prot Moresby? - 1/19/2010 1:59:08 PM   
Andy Mac

My preference as a play style is to sit tight defend and launch limited probing attacks in late 42 culminating on properlly co ordinated and organised attacks in43/44/45. In any war game I am better on defence than attack always have been - thats not to say I cannot attack but its not my natural inclination.

Thats how I play.

I can be adventurous but it is relativelly infrequent and it tends to get me in trouble more often than not.

In these two games especially where I am also new to the game in terms of PBEM I will tend to be conservative and play it safe - my forces are not unlimited - my game v PZB and Pauk taught me that and my own influence in AE has probably made them more restricted so I need to think and plan carfully.

An offensive in 42 that goes wrong and scuppers a late 43 offensive is a bad thing.

So I will plan and scheme and prepare and get ready and then use a sledgehamer to crackeach walnut in turn

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 257
RE: Victory at Moulmien !!! - 1/19/2010 10:49:30 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Burma Corps has basically got 9 Bdes of decent infantry plus the BFF Bde and various Burma Rifles Bns

Plus the Chinese 5th Corps in support which is basically a weak Division.

My intent is to pull this force back as surrepticiciously as I can try and make him concentrate before he hits Burma.

The three Indpt Bdes will ultimately head towards the Akyab front
17th Indian Div will head to Imphal (one Bde Gp already there)
1st Burma Div will act as rearguard and pull back in the general direction of Imphal
5th Chinese Army will pull back in parallel with 1st Burma Div eventually heading for Ledo.

Smaller forces will support the Burma Div in its pull back trying to keep up the deception plan as long as possible.

To this end the AVG will fight it out over rangoon performing hit and run operations into Rangoon.

IRL when BURCORPS ended up in Assam it was a wreck - I want it fighting fit and ready for action after this plan is further along and I have a better idea as to what I got out of Singapore I will re formulate plans for defending India.

Ultimately I may sacrifice some smaller units to rebuild one of the Malaya Divs or to provide depth in my replacement pools.

Andy

One bit of advice. If you have not already done it. Do not ever change the prep location for your undertrained units. Leave them where they are prepped for because as soon as they reach 100 they will all begin to train up no matter where they are located. I made the mistake of changing a few of my retreating Indian brigades from their Burma locations to Imphal and they are still stuck in the low 30 exp level because they have not reached 100 prep. Everybody else, (Oz, Indian and remaining Burma forces is at least in the high 40 to 50 range. Now that they are trained I am resetting the prep locations.

You probably are aware of this but just in case....

< Message edited by crsutton -- 1/19/2010 11:27:53 PM >

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 258
RE: Victory at Moulmien !!! - 1/27/2010 10:30:13 PM   
Andy Mac

Aye I agree

PZB is still in Singapore I have had a couple of turns but nothing stupendous.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 259
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 1/28/2010 7:47:34 PM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

In India I have 5 Indian Bns and 3 British Bns in various Garrison units.

As soon as they have upgraded to Indian 42 Squads they will be disbanded to flesh out the Divs on the Madras Front

I will do the same to the remnant of 11th Indian Div that I pulled out of Malaya in total that will increase my Indian Army pool by about 150 Sections

I will need to scare up a few units to replace them in vital garrison locations but as more troops arrive this can be done

My main issue is that I have 5 on map or newly arriving Divs that are seriously short of Infantry and the sooner I get them up to strength the sooner their XP stops gettign diluted by replacements the sooner they are combat ready.

Between 11th, 23rd, 19th, 7th and 20th Indian Divs I am short 665 Indian Rifle Sections and 47 British Infantery Sections

My replacement rate is 48 per month and I have 83 Sections in the pool at that rate you are talking a year to get all those units up to strength in Infantry  BUT I need to maintain 108 squads in the pool until all my units have converted to Indian Inf 42 Sections - this is vital as the Indian Inf Section is piss poor and you need the 42 upgrade to give them any chance

I could speed that up by prioritising and doing them one at a time and I probably will.

23rd Indian Div will be brough up to strength 1st as it can then move from 'Beach' Div to active Div status 

9th will be last on the list and if it had more infantry I would be tempted to disband it as well as 11th but I think I will play it by ear whether I do that.

Andy,

I am at June 1 in my Pbem so I will give you my take on India. IMHO India is so very weak in March of 42 that there are ripe opportunities for Japan there. The real problem for the Allies is that there are just not enough troops on hand (especially aircraft) to hold Colombo against a focused Japanese attack. If you reinforce Colombo, then you have basically stripped out the Delhi plain and Japan can invade by both sea and overland via Burma (too easy for supplies to flow).

The question becomes what is more important? I think it is Colombo and I think this is what the Japanese player should shoot for. I can so no real long term benefit by invading India proper as it just leaves Japan an open ended land campaign that can never be won. Unlike WITP, Japan just cannot afford to give the Allies a lot of broad land fronts like China, Russia, Norther Oz, India where the Allies can use their land and land base air assets early in the war to grind away. What does matter that India is fighting the Japanese at Calcutta or Imphal? India will eventually stiffen and start to bleed Japan. Colombo is the only place to take because, it requires an invasion to lose it back, and as long a Japan hold Colombo the Allies are stiffled in SE asia.

So, as the Allies I think the focus for defense shoud be Colombo first at the expense of India proper.

The other point is that what is possible for Japan in March of 42 becomes virtually impossible by May 1942. If he has not hit you hard in India by then, then chances are he can't. In June of 1942, my forces in India are pretty strong. Not full strength but strong enough to hold. I highly advise sending major American air reinforcments to India early in the game--day one. At least three fighter units and three to six bomber groups.

I choose not to disband any Indian units. Leave them prepped for their original locations and they will all be at 50 exp by May 42. Give replacements to about half of them at first and turn the others on after you have built up a core force.

The light Indian armor units fill up with Stuart I tanks and are very useful. Fill them up first as you have a good supply of stuarts. Leave the big armor regiments til last.

It is worth fighting and dying in Burma to delay the Japanes as long as possbile. If I were the Japanese player and the Allies did a complete sir Robin in Burma, I would head directly for Colombo and then come back and deal with North Burma. The allies just have no fleet or airpower to stop a quick rush of Colombo.

Also, what about the two Australian divisions? Are they needed in India or Oz? Unfortunately they are needed in both locations. Perhaps sending one to each location. Who know? I feel comfortable with one in Dacca early in the game but Oz needs help to depending on where Japan is headed. I don't feel Japan can do both so you have to out guess your opponent there.
My thoughts....

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 260
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/5/2010 12:22:49 AM   
jb123

Re the Indian armored units, be careful with those, some seem to not be filling out with reinforcements. There's a thread on this in tech support. I tried to fill out the big armored brigades first and they are stalled out, not filling up.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 261
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/7/2010 2:52:06 PM   
Andy Mac

Aye if he hits India I will need to ask for a pause until patch 3

Things in general are quiet sigin shows ships moving for Dili and prep or LCU's for Derby so I think Darwin is a probable attack location I am not going to stop him there String taught me that

So I will try to bleed him

(in reply to jb123)
Post #: 262
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/8/2010 12:07:32 AM   
Andy Mac

Both the Aus Divs are on Ceylon at present.

Ceylon, Perthk, NZ and Fijo are all guarded.

New Cal and Darwin are both exposed but they are deliberately exposed in that I know I cannot hold them for now

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 263
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/12/2010 5:00:56 PM   
Andy Mac

I am still convinced PZB is going for Darwin no Sig int beyond forces heading to Dili so we shall wait and see whats next

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 264
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/13/2010 11:44:21 AM   
Andy Mac

Yup I was right a Japanese landing by 2 reinforced Divs at Darwin and some comments about India as though I believe that !!!

OK fighting retreat starts today. I am watching Perth, the gulf to the NE of Townsville and the Townsville to Cairns coast.

NZ and Fiji are being reinfoced as well I dont trust john an Inch.

(Also Ceylon and India - hey paranoia is good when playing with PZB !!)

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 265
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/14/2010 8:36:42 PM   
Andy Mac

Landings at Normanton as well I have 1 reinforced Bde there and managed to launch an attack yesterday that sank a few transports but probably after they unloaded.

Not sure the Australian Cavalrymen can hold the line we shall see

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 266
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/14/2010 10:18:04 PM   
Andy Mac

I managed to hold on everywhere Normanton will not hold for long he can reinforce more than I am willign to committ to that theatre

KB is definitely in that gulf though

May be a diversion not sure I am wary about committing to much forward

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Mar 26, 42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Billiton  at 52,92

Japanese Ships
     PB Kanko Maru

Allied Ships
     SS KXVI

SS KXVI is sighted by escort
KXVI bottoming out ....
PB Kanko Maru fails to find sub, continues to search...
Escort abandons search for sub

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submarine attack near Colombo  at 27,48

Japanese Ships
     SS I-158

Allied Ships
     xAK Masula, Shell hits 5, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

xAK Masula is sighted by SS I-158
SS I-158 attacking on the surface

Naval bombardment of Normanton at 86,138

Japanese Ships
     CA Nachi
     CL Yura

Allied ground losses:
     19 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
        Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

CA Nachi firing at 16th RAAF Base Force
CL Yura firing at 2nd Aus Cav Brigade

TF 52 encounters mine field at Colombo (29,48)

Japanese Ships
     SS I-155, Mine hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

ASW attack near Karachi  at 36,8

Japanese Ships
     SS I-20, hits 3

Allied Ships
     DD Hotspur
     xAP Koolama
     xAK Appleleaf

SS I-20 launches 2 torpedoes at DD Hotspur
DD Hotspur attacking submerged sub ....
DD Hotspur fails to find sub, continues to search...
DD Hotspur attacking submerged sub ....
SS I-20 eludes ASW attack from DD Hotspur
Escort abandons search for sub

Morning Air attack on Zuid KNIL Battalion, at 46,78

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid spotted at 45 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 14 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 7

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
      7 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 15000 feet

Morning Air attack on Northern Territory , at 76,127

Raid spotted at 31 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 10 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 19

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:
     19 x A6M2 Zero sweeping at 15000 feet *

Morning Air attack on 86th Chinese Corps, at 87,56

Raid spotted at 49 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 16 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-21-Ic Sally x 25

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     50 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
     25 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 15000 feet
              Ground Attack:  4 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 70th Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 86th Chinese Corps ...

Morning Air attack on Bandoeng , at 50,100

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-21-IIa Sally x 34
     Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 18

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-21-IIa Sally: 21 damaged

Airbase hits 3
Runway hits 2

Aircraft Attacking:
     19 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 15000 feet
     15 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 15000 feet
              Airfield Attack:  4 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking Batavia Coastal Gun Battalion ...
Also attacking Bandoeng  ...
Also attacking ML-KNIL  ...

Morning Air attack on 73rd Chinese Corps, at 84,51 (Wuchang)

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-30 Ann x 9
     Ki-36 Ida x 3
     Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 14
     Ki-51 Sonia x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-30 Ann: 3 damaged
     Ki-36 Ida: 1 damaged
     Ki-51 Sonia: 1 damaged

Allied ground losses:
     9 casualties reported
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
      9 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 15000 feet
              Ground Attack:  1 x 250 kg GP Bomb
      9 x Ki-51 Sonia bombing from 15000 feet
              Ground Attack:  4 x 50 kg GP Bomb
      3 x Ki-36 Ida bombing from 15000 feet
              Ground Attack:  4 x 30 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 99th Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 10th Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 74th Chinese Corps ...

Morning Air attack on 73rd Chinese Corps, at 84,51 (Wuchang)

Weather in hex: Thunderstorms

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 18 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-30 Ann x 3
     Ki-36 Ida x 21
     Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 7

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-30 Ann: 1 damaged
     Ki-36 Ida: 2 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
     21 x Ki-36 Ida bombing from 15000 feet
              Ground Attack:  4 x 30 kg GP Bomb
      3 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 15000 feet
              Ground Attack:  1 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 53rd Chinese Corps ...
Also attacking 73rd Chinese Corps ...

Morning Air attack on KNIL Army Command , at 50,100 (Bandoeng)

Weather in hex: Heavy rain

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 26
     Ki-21-Ic Sally x 16

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-21-Ic Sally: 9 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
     16 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 14000 feet *
              Ground Attack:  2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking Soerabaja Base Force ...
Also attacking KNIL Army Command  ...

Morning Air attack on Zuid KNIL Battalion, at 46,78

Raid spotted at 43 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-48-Ib Lily x 30

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-48-Ib Lily: 4 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
     30 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 11000 feet
              Ground Attack:  4 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Morning Air attack on Northern Territory , at 76,127

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 16
     Ki-48-Ib Lily x 28

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     18 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
        Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 2 disabled
     Vehicles lost 2 (0 destroyed, 2 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
     28 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 15000 feet

Morning Air attack on 88th Chinese Corps, at 87,56

Raid spotted at 33 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-48-Ib Lily x 14

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     6 casualties reported
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
     Guns lost 1 (0 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
     14 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 12000 feet *
              Ground Attack:  2 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 88th Chinese Corps ...

Morning Air attack on 21st Medium Field Artillery Battalion, at 86,138 (Normanton)

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 47 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 15 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 39

Allied aircraft
     Hudson I x 6
     B-17E Fortress x 13

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
     Hudson I: 4 destroyed
     B-17E Fortress: 1 destroyed, 4 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
     20 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
      1 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 10000 feet *
              Ground Attack:  4 x 500 lb GP Bomb
      4 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 10000 feet *
      3 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 10000 feet *
      3 x B-17E Fortress bombing from 10000 feet *

CAP engaged:
Akagi-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     5 plane(s) intercepting now.
     Group patrol altitude is 15000
     Raid is overhead
Kaga-1 with A6M2 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 5 out of immediate contact.
     Time for all group planes to reach interception is 16 minutes
Soryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Hiryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Shokaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
Zuikaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Ryujo-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     3 plane(s) intercepting now.
     Raid is overhead
Shoho-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Zuiho-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead

Also attacking 2nd Mortar Battalion ...
Also attacking 16th Infantry Regiment ...
Also attacking 55th Mountain Gun Regiment ...

Morning Air attack on TF, near Normanton at 86,138

Raid spotted at 46 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 18 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 24

Allied aircraft
     A-24 Banshee x 8

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
     A-24 Banshee: 4 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
     xAK Tonegawa Maru,  on fire

Aircraft Attacking:
      1 x A-24 Banshee releasing from 4000'
              Naval Attack:  1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
Akagi-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     1 plane(s) intercepting now.
     Raid is overhead
Kaga-1 with A6M2 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Time for all group planes to reach interception is 25 minutes
Soryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
     Time for all group planes to reach interception is 19 minutes
Hiryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     2 plane(s) intercepting now.
     Raid is overhead
Shokaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
     Raid is overhead
Ryujo-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Shoho-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Zuiho-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead

Morning Air attack on TF, near Normanton at 86,138

Raid spotted at 34 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 14

Allied aircraft
     A-24 Banshee x 9

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
     A-24 Banshee: 5 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
     xAK Tonegawa Maru,  heavy fires,  heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
      1 x A-24 Banshee releasing from 3000'
              Naval Attack:  1 x 1000 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
Akagi-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Kaga-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Soryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Shokaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Zuikaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
     Raid is overhead
     Raid is overhead
Zuiho-1 with A6M2 Zero (1 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead

Afternoon Air attack on 86th Chinese Corps, at 87,56

Raid spotted at 29 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 9 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-21-Ic Sally x 16

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     8 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
     16 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 15000 feet *

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Normanton at 86,138

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 48 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 17 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 39

Allied aircraft
     LB-30 Liberator x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
     LB-30 Liberator: 1 destroyed, 2 damaged

Japanese Ships
     xAK Ryuun Maru,  heavy fires,  heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
      2 x LB-30 Liberator bombing from 10000 feet *
              Naval Attack:  4 x 500 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
Akagi-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Kaga-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Soryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Hiryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Shokaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (5 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
     Raid is overhead
Ryujo-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Shoho-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Zuiho-1 with A6M2 Zero (0 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     0 plane(s) not yet engaged, 0 being recalled, 3 out of immediate contact.
     Time for all group planes to reach interception is 20 minutes

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Husimi Cargo class xAK

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Normanton at 86,138

Raid spotted at 36 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 17

Allied aircraft
     B-26 Marauder x 3

No Japanese losses

Allied aircraft losses
     B-26 Marauder: 1 destroyed, 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
     xAK Tonegawa Maru,  heavy fires,  heavy damage

Aircraft Attacking:
      1 x B-26 Marauder bombing from 10000 feet
              Naval Attack:  6 x 500 lb SAP Bomb

CAP engaged:
Akagi-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Kaga-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Soryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Hiryu-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Shokaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
Zuikaku-1 with A6M2 Zero (2 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead
     Raid is overhead
     Raid is overhead
Zuiho-1 with A6M2 Zero (3 airborne, 0 on standby, 0 scrambling)
     Raid is overhead

Heavy smoke from fires obscuring a Aden Cargo class xAK

Submarine attack near Long Island  at 100,123

Japanese Ships
     xAK Mansei Maru, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1,  on fire,  heavy damage

Allied Ships
     SS Pike

xAK Mansei Maru is sighted by SS Pike
SS Pike attacking on the surface

Ground combat at Bandoeng (50,100)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1930 troops, 196 guns, 60 vehicles, Assault Value = 2023

Defending force 36877 troops, 388 guns, 129 vehicles, Assault Value = 948

Allied ground losses:
     90 casualties reported
        Squads: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
     Guns lost 3 (1 destroyed, 2 disabled)
     Vehicles lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Assaulting units:
   24th Infantry Regiment
   12th Engineer Regiment
   2nd Recon Regiment
   15th Ind. Engineer Regiment
   56th Engineer Regiment
   4th Division
   11th Infantry Regiment
   21st Infantry Regiment
   21st Division
   146th Infantry Regimental Combat Team
   6th Guards Division
   25th Army
   48th Field Artillery Regiment
   2nd Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
   8th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
   56th Field Artillery Regiment
   10th Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
   18th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
   5th Field Artillery Regiment
   21st Army

Defending units:
   Marinier Battalion
   Batavia Coastal Gun Battalion
   Lijfwacht Cav Sqn
   1st Regt Cavalerie
   1st KNIL Landstorm Battalion
   2nd KNIL Regiment
   Tjilatjap KNIL Battalion
   West Borneo KNIL Battalion
   Van Aaran Garrison Battalion
   4th KNIL Regiment
   2nd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
   Van Altena Battalion
   SE Borneo KNIL Battalion
   Barisan KNIL Regiment
   4th KNIL Landstorm Battalion
   6th KNIL Regiment
   1st KNIL Regiment
   3rd KNIL Landstorm Battalion
   Samarinda KNIL Bn /1
   Bandoeng Base Force
   Kalidjati Base Force
   ML-KNIL
   Commandement Marine
   Batavia Base Force
   Soerabaja Base Force
   KNIL Army Command
   Tjilitap Base Force
   1 ML-KNIL Aviation
   3rd KNIL AA Battalion
   ABDA
   Sambas Base Force
   2 ML-KNIL Aviation
   MLD
   109th RN Base Force

Ground combat at Normanton (86,138)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 1632 troops, 155 guns, 68 vehicles, Assault Value = 270

Defending force 5009 troops, 37 guns, 127 vehicles, Assault Value = 188

Allied ground losses:
     47 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
        Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 1 disabled
     Vehicles lost 1 (0 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Assaulting units:
   4th Tank Regiment
   22nd Recon Regiment
   16th Infantry Regiment
   7th Tank Regiment
   21st Medium Field Artillery Battalion
   55th Mountain Gun Regiment
   1st RF Gun Battalion
   2nd Mortar Battalion
   14th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
   17th Medium Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
   2/4 MG Battalion
   2nd Aus Cav Brigade
   16th RAAF Base Force
   1st RAAF M/W Sqn

Ground combat at Broome (62,127)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 615 troops, 0 guns, 97 vehicles, Assault Value = 57

Defending force 67 troops, 3 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 4

Japanese adjusted assault: 54

Allied adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 54 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Broome !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), op mode(-), leaders(-), disruption(-)
preparation(-), fatigue(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Allied ground losses:
     74 casualties reported
        Squads: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
        Non Combat: 10 destroyed, 1 disabled
     Guns lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)
     Units retreated 3

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
   2nd Tank Regiment

Defending units:
   Derby RAN Base Force
   Broome RAN Base Force
   102nd RN Base Force

Ground combat at Wuchang (84,51)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 92400 troops, 748 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3461

Defending force 54221 troops, 557 guns, 374 vehicles, Assault Value = 1898

Japanese ground losses:
     27 casualties reported
        Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:
     320 casualties reported
        Squads: 2 destroyed, 20 disabled
        Non Combat: 4 destroyed, 8 disabled
        Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
     Guns lost 9 (3 destroyed, 6 disabled)

Assaulting units:
   8th Chinese Corps
   3rd Chinese Cavalry Corps
   73rd Chinese Corps
   20th Chinese Corps
   74th Chinese Corps
   99th Chinese Corps
   58th Chinese Corps
   53rd Chinese Corps
   100th Chinese Corps
   10th Chinese Corps
   94th Chinese Corps
   56th Chinese Corps
   37th Chinese Corps
   5th Construction Regiment
   19th Group Army
   20th Group Army
   49th AA Regiment
   17th Chinese Base Force
   41st AA Regiment
   4th Heavy Mortar Regiment
   27th Group Army
   20th Artillery Regiment
   3rd Heavy Mortar Regiment
   29th Group Army
   6th War Area
   25th Group Army
   22nd Artillery Regiment
   56th AT Gun Regiment

Defending units:
   12th Tank Regiment
   39th Division
   35th Division
   3rd Division
   37th Division
   8th Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
   12th Army
   15th Ind.Medium Field Artillery Regiment
   14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
   1st Mortar Battalion
   11th Field Artillery Regiment

Ground combat at Daly Waters (76,131)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 165 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 6

Defending force 675 troops, 0 guns, 71 vehicles, Assault Value = 27

Japanese adjusted assault: 4

Allied adjusted defense: 15

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 3 (fort level 0)

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), leaders(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(+), leaders(-)

Assaulting units:
   1st Raiding Rgt /3

Defending units:
   2nd Recce Battalion

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 267
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/14/2010 10:21:28 PM   
Andy Mac

para raids everywhere but none suceed my LOC are secure against raids

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 268
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/14/2010 10:21:53 PM   
Andy Mac

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Mar 27, 42
Submarine attack near Colombo  at 26,48

Japanese Ships
     SS RO-33

Allied Ships
     xAK Clan Macnaughton

xAK Clan Macnaughton is sighted by SS RO-33
SS RO-33 launches 2 torpedoes

Morning Air attack on Palembang Base Force, at 45,77

Raid spotted at 42 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 7

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Raid detected at 22 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 7

No Japanese losses

Aircraft Attacking:

Morning Air attack on 70th Chinese Corps, at 87,56

Raid spotted at 47 NM, estimated altitude 16,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-21-Ic Sally x 45

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     94 casualties reported
        Squads: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
        Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
     25 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 15000 feet
     20 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 15000 feet *

Also attacking 3rd War Area  ...
Also attacking 88th Chinese Corps ...

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-21-IIa Sally x 34
     Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 25

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-21-IIa Sally: 16 damaged

Runway hits 1

Aircraft Attacking:
     19 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 15000 feet
     12 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 15000 feet
      3 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 15000 feet

Also attacking KNIL Army Command  ...

Morning Air attack on MLD , at 50,100 (Bandoeng)

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 28
     Ki-21-Ic Sally x 16

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-21-Ic Sally: 6 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
     16 x Ki-21-Ic Sally bombing from 14000 feet *

Also attacking Soerabaja Base Force ...
Also attacking MLD  ...

Morning Air attack on Palembang Base Force, at 45,77

Raid spotted at 33 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-48-Ib Lily x 31

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-48-Ib Lily: 5 damaged

Allied ground losses:
     6 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
     31 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 11000 feet

Raid detected at 40 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-21-IIa Sally x 12

Japanese aircraft losses
     Ki-21-IIa Sally: 11 damaged

Allied ground losses:
     11 casualties reported
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Runway hits 3

Aircraft Attacking:
     12 x Ki-21-IIa Sally bombing from 15000 feet

Morning Air attack on 2nd Recce Battalion, at 76,131 (Daly Waters)

Weather in hex: Heavy cloud

Raid spotted at 14 NM, estimated altitude 11,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 4 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 16
     Ki-48-Ib Lily x 28

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     Vehicles lost 24 (1 destroyed, 23 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
     28 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 8000 feet

Morning Air attack on 32nd Group Army, at 87,56

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 18,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     Ki-48-Ib Lily x 18

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
     6 casualties reported

Aircraft Attacking:
     18 x Ki-48-Ib Lily bombing from 12000 feet *
              Ground Attack:  2 x 100 kg GP Bomb

Also attacking 32nd Group Army ...
Also attacking 32nd Group Army ...

Afternoon Air attack on Normanton , at 86,138

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 63
     B5N1 Kate x 26
     B5N2 Kate x 33
     D3A1 Val x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
     B5N1 Kate: 1 destroyed, 7 damaged
     B5N2 Kate: 16 damaged
     D3A1 Val: 8 damaged

Allied ground losses:
     47 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
     Vehicles lost 4 (1 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Aircraft Attacking:
      3 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 3000 feet
      8 x D3A1 Val releasing from 3000'
              Airfield Attack:  1 x 250 kg GP Bomb
     10 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 4000 feet
      5 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 4000 feet
      5 x B5N1 Kate bombing from 3000 feet
      8 x B5N1 Kate bombing from 4000 feet
      8 x B5N1 Kate bombing from 2000 feet
      5 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 3000 feet
      5 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 2000 feet
      5 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 5000 feet
      5 x B5N1 Kate bombing from 5000 feet

Also attacking 2nd Aus Cav Brigade ...
Also attacking Normanton  ...
Also attacking 2/4 MG Battalion ...
Also attacking 16th RAAF Base Force ...
Also attacking Normanton  ...

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 29
     B5N2 Kate x 2

Japanese aircraft losses
     B5N2 Kate: 1 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
      2 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 4000 feet
              Naval Attack:  2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb

Raid detected at 39 NM, estimated altitude 19,000 feet.

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 36
     B5N2 Kate x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
     B5N2 Kate: 4 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
     12 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 3000 feet
     10 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 5000 feet

Raid detected at 20 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 8 minutes

Japanese aircraft
     A6M2 Zero x 25
     B5N2 Kate x 22

Japanese aircraft losses
     B5N2 Kate: 1 destroyed, 3 damaged

Aircraft Attacking:
      8 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 2000 feet
      4 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 5000 feet
      5 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 4000 feet
      5 x B5N2 Kate bombing from 3000 feet

Ground combat at Normanton (86,138)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 7417 troops, 184 guns, 292 vehicles, Assault Value = 275

Defending force 4951 troops, 37 guns, 126 vehicles, Assault Value = 180

Japanese adjusted assault: 134

Allied adjusted defense: 355

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 3)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
     135 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 16 disabled
     Vehicles lost 14 (0 destroyed, 14 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
     405 casualties reported
        Squads: 1 destroyed, 27 disabled
        Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled
        Engineers: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled

Assaulting units:
   16th Infantry Regiment
   4th Tank Regiment
   22nd Recon Regiment
   7th Tank Regiment
   2nd Raiding Rgt /3
   21st Medium Field Artillery Battalion
   2nd Mortar Battalion
   1st RF Gun Battalion
   14th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
   55th Mountain Gun Regiment
   17th Medium Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
   2/4 MG Battalion
   2nd Aus Cav Brigade
   16th RAAF Base Force
   1st RAAF M/W Sqn

Ground combat at Daly Waters (76,131)

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 555 troops, 0 guns, 70 vehicles, Assault Value = 23

Defending force 315 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 6

Allied adjusted assault: 10

Japanese adjusted defense: 2

Allied assault odds: 5 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(-), disruption(-)

Assaulting units:
   2nd Recce Battalion

Defending units:
   1st Raiding Rgt /3

Ground combat at Wuchang (84,51)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 92344 troops, 745 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3461

Defending force 54249 troops, 557 guns, 374 vehicles, Assault Value = 1897

Japanese ground losses:
     98 casualties reported
        Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled
        Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
     Vehicles lost 1 (0 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
     248 casualties reported
        Squads: 5 destroyed, 8 disabled
        Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 7 disabled
     Guns lost 2 (0 destroyed, 2 disabled)

Assaulting units:
   74th Chinese Corps
   58th Chinese Corps
   73rd Chinese Corps
   100th Chinese Corps
   3rd Chinese Cavalry Corps
   99th Chinese Corps
   37th Chinese Corps
   20th Chinese Corps
   8th Chinese Corps
   56th Chinese Corps
   53rd Chinese Corps
   10th Chinese Corps
   94th Chinese Corps
   5th Construction Regiment
   3rd Heavy Mortar Regiment
   6th War Area
   27th Group Army
   17th Chinese Base Force
   25th Group Army
   20th Artillery Regiment
   4th Heavy Mortar Regiment
   20th Group Army
   19th Group Army
   49th AA Regiment
   29th Group Army
   22nd Artillery Regiment
   41st AA Regiment
   56th AT Gun Regiment

Defending units:
   39th Division
   3rd Division
   12th Tank Regiment
   35th Division
   37th Division
   8th Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
   1st Mortar Battalion
   15th Ind.Medium Field Artillery Regiment
   12th Army
   14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
   11th Field Artillery Regiment

Ground combat at 84,52

Allied Shock attack

Attacking force 12569 troops, 81 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 467

Defending force 176 troops, 1 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 9

Allied adjusted assault: 679

Japanese adjusted defense: 1

Allied assault odds: 679 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
     258 casualties reported
        Squads: 6 destroyed, 0 disabled
        Non Combat: 10 destroyed, 0 disabled
     Units retreated 1

Defeated Japanese Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
   26th Chinese Corps
   72nd Chinese Corps

Defending units:
   23rd RGC Temp./C Division

Ground combat at Hughenden (88,145)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 13 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Defending force 536 troops, 23 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 8

Assault collapses, attacking force wiped out

Japanese ground losses:
     18 casualties reported
        Squads: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
   2nd Raiding Rgt /4

Defending units:
   13th RAAF Base Force
   48th Light AA Regiment

Ground combat at Cloncurry (84,142)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 13 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Defending force 541 troops, 7 guns, 3 vehicles, Assault Value = 18

Japanese adjusted assault: 0

Allied adjusted defense: 7

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 99 (fort level 1)

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), preparation(-), experience(-)
Attacker: shock(+), leaders(-)

Japanese ground losses:
     10 casualties reported

Assaulting units:
   2nd Raiding Rgt /5

Defending units:
   34th NZ Battalion
   15th RAAF Base Force
   Tennant Creek RAAF Base Force /1
   NW Aus Aviation Rgt /1

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 269
RE: Ambush at Prot Moresby - 2/14/2010 10:22:44 PM   
Andy Mac

If PZB really is going fro Australia I will take steps int he north to reinfoce Akyab and begin to prep for a counter offensive

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Where is Prot Moresby? Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI