Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier air unit resize - bug or feature?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Carrier air unit resize - bug or feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier air unit resize - bug or feature? - 2/15/2010 6:47:34 PM   
Mark Weston

Hi,

I resized the fighter group on board Shokaku while the TB and DB groups had been temporarily rebased to land (I was hoping to hurry up the upgrade process). I had understood from another post that resizing on a japanese CV would size the group to approx 33% of total capacity, but in fact what I got was a size 64 fighter group.

This obviously opens a lot of options for the Japanese player, many of which seem to me pretty exploity. For example the temptation is strong to split my new size 64 group into 3 size 21s. One remains with the carrier and the other two sit at home permanently training replacements. Repeated for all the Japanese CVs this would provide a ready-made conveyor belt of highly trained pilots for the KB.

For now I've decided simply to limit that monster group to no more than 27 pilots/planes. But is this how resizing is supposed to work?
Post #: 1
RE: Carrier air unit resize - bug or feature? - 2/15/2010 7:29:47 PM   
Twotribes

Resizing will do that if the only planes on your deck is the one group, as I understand it. There are several other threads on this and as I recall that was the basic information provided.

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Carrier air unit resize - bug or feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI