Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 2:01:46 PM   
olperfessor

(1) On some bombers' Air Unit Information Screens, we see a numerical representation of bombing accuracy (e.g. "Bombing Acc: 24%") which I used to guess was calculated using the individual pilots' ratings (so that transferring experienced pilots in or out would change this rating), a nice shorthand way for us to estimate a unit's effectiveness or need for training.

But then I found a unit with "Bombing Acc: 0" (and of course some with no accuracy rating), despite having pilots with some skills. So this accuracy seems independent of the pilot mix. Is this a representation of the unit experience, presumably reflecting ground crew and staff experience? I'm not looking for details of how it is calculated, just a general sense of what it represents.

(2). The "Major Skills" that some air units have (e.g. "air," "land bombing" or "defensive"). . . are these achieved by the totals of pilot skill ratings in the area? Or based on the unit's past missions?

Apologies if answers appear elsewhere in the forum. I looked.
Post #: 1
RE: "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 2:10:36 PM   
Sardaukar

Bombing accuracy is calculated when your units actually fly attack missions. Bomb hits out of bombs dropped.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to olperfessor)
Post #: 2
RE: "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 2:20:12 PM   
spence

Presumably the Bombing Accuracy Percentage is just "historical" and does not effect any future mission (?).

(in reply to olperfessor)
Post #: 3
RE: "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 2:28:01 PM   
Sardaukar

It is just information how your unit has been performing.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 4
RE: "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 5:50:26 PM   
Nemo121

Are you sure this is accurate? I have several Dutch units with bombing accuracy numbers which I KNOW have never flown a mission.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 5:57:58 PM   
jackyo123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

Are you sure this is accurate? I have several Dutch units with bombing accuracy numbers which I KNOW have never flown a mission.

Are you certain? I once thought so too, but I had disbanded a unit who had a few pilots with a couple of missions and they were recruited into a different unit, and now that unit had a bomber accuracy rating i think.

check the PILOTS screen and see what their mission count is.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 6
RE: "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" - 2/22/2010 6:00:45 PM   
Nemo121

Ah, that might be it... I'm pulling pilots out of certain units and pushing them into others in order to create a few combat units and some non-combat, training only (unless the SOBs are at the gates in which case even the training units will be thrown into the fray ) units.

So, probably I have some of my better pilots from other units in those units and they must be giving them the pretty high bombing % rates.

(in reply to jackyo123)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> "Bombing Acc" and "Major Skills" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI