Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any word on the Beta

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Any word on the Beta Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any word on the Beta - 7/9/2002 3:15:44 PM   
Rob Roberson

He smiles hopefully...
Post #: 1
:) - 7/23/2002 2:32:30 PM   
Rob Roberson

No news is good news...or so IM told.

(in reply to Rob Roberson)
Post #: 2
- 7/23/2002 9:03:35 PM   
IChristie

Rob, the powers that be are probably still busy dealing with the website switch over etc.

I have no inside knowledge regarding the development schedule, but FWIW - I know that the first cut of the map graphics are done ;) and that the game does function - I've even watched the first turn a couple of times on the version that I have (for testing the map).

That being said, I think the beta version is still a ways off. David or Joel could give you more information.

I know that I still have deadlines though (:o), so things are moving ahead.

Iain Christie
-----------------
"If patience is a virtue then persistence is it's part.
It's better to light a candle than stand and curse the dark"

- James Keelaghan

Post #: 3
- 7/27/2002 12:23:30 AM   
Joel Billings

Work is progressing on WitP. Keith just finished some work aimed at speeding up WitP. He was successful enough for now, but will probably do some more work on this later. It's a big game. When the game was first up and running, just pressing the list ships button would have the computer wait for 30 seconds (on a 1.4 GHZ) as there is something like 7000 ships. Now it takes 1-2 seconds. Even so, some filters will probably be needed that weren't in UV.

Gary is working on the AI now as well as some new features for WitP. Mike is about to shift over to provide the interface required on production and a few other new items (now that he finished the lastest UV patch). If I were to guess I would say that we might have an alpha version with limited AI and most new features in within 2 months. What can only be described as a massive effort will then be needed to generate scenarios, further develop the AI, and basically develop, test and balance the game. We would like to have the game in some form of test this fall. As for how long it will take to get to full beta and then to publication, it's very hard to predict. There's nothing that isn't doable, and the basic engine keeps getting refined as UV improves, but the scope of this game will mean it will take some time.

Post #: 4
- 7/27/2002 3:51:02 AM   
WW2'er

An Excellent update on WITP.

Thanks Joel!!! :)

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

Post #: 5
- 7/27/2002 4:08:11 AM   
Raverdave

So I am tipping a 2003 release in the latter half of the first quarter:D I would say that the testing will take longer than UV.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post #: 6
- 7/28/2002 2:52:21 AM   
Maniac

so what we are lookin' at 6-8 months? hmmmm....I still play UV like nothin else I'm sure that can hold me over till WitP comes out hehhehe :D

****FUTURE 4 STAR****

Post #: 7
- 7/29/2002 9:06:27 AM   
Fred98

I am enjoying UV but it is a very big game.

I expect to play 2 or 3 short or medium sized scenarios H2H.

Afterwards I am hoping to play 2 long campaigns H2H , one from each side.

This will take a bloody long time. I can only play one turn per day. Perhaps 2 turns, if I am playing 2 games H2H in parallel.

If I can complete all these scenarios before WITP is released, then I will certainly buy WITP. But if it is too difficult to complete then I can assume WITP will be too difficult as well and unfortunately I will have to give it a miss.

And in UV there is only one map – so it will be difficult to hold my attention.

Different scenarios of WITP will probably be played on small portions of the overall map.

Post #: 8
WITP - 7/29/2002 12:47:10 PM   
Rob Roberson

Thanks for the update...:)...I will have to continue to be content with UV....for now....

Post #: 9
- 7/30/2002 12:55:07 AM   
byron13

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joel Billings
[B] Mike is about to shift over to provide the interface required on production and a few other new items (now that he finished the lastest UV patch). [/B][/QUOTE]

The production interface, huh? And what might that look like? Any kind of offhand comments on . . oh, you know . . some issues he might be dealing with? Like has he asked how long it would take for a factory to change from producing B-10s to B-47's? Or whether a P-39 could carry a 57 mm antitank gun?

C'mon! You're killing me! The production interface is what half of the knife fights on this board are about! Tell him I'll buy him a burrito supreme at Taco Bell if he'll tell us a little more.

Post #: 10
- 7/30/2002 8:04:35 AM   
Supervisor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by byron13
[B]Tell him I'll buy him a burrito supreme at Taco Bell if he'll tell us a little more. [/B][/QUOTE]Now [I]that's[/I] a threat, if I've heard one. :D :D :D :p

Post #: 11
- 8/10/2002 5:28:18 AM   
byron13

[QUOTE]Originally posted by byron13
[B]

The production interface, huh? And what might that look like? . . . . Tell him I'll buy him a burrito supreme at Taco Bell if he'll tell us a little more. [/B][/QUOTE]

Alright, so the Burrito Supreme didn't work. What do I have to do to get a sniff of the production system?

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Any word on the Beta Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI