Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Community has saved this game for me

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Community has saved this game for me Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Community has saved this game for me - 2/9/2010 9:10:46 AM   
Mercury199

Hello to all, this is my first post and I would like to say that this community has saved this game as far as I am concerned.

I bought the game about 2 weeks ago, installed it (ver 1.07) played it for a couple of hours. I could not believe how hard it was even on the easy setting and so uninstalled it and put the box to the bottom of my collection annoyed I had just spent £10 on a dud.

Whilst bored at work I started looking for information and came across this community and found out about patches and mods. I installed ver 1.08 and gave it another go, better, but still pretty hard. I then installed the Fine Tuned v1.7 mod and hey presto a fantastic game!

Well done and thanks very much for the hard work that has made this game a little gem that I have been playing as often as possible.

I am currently playing through the JANUS campaign and have taken SAFARI, ROADBLOCK, TRAIN STATION and last night smashed the ROAD TO AIRPORT! Sweet.

Post #: 1
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/10/2010 1:09:26 PM   
whitezen

Good ! Me too .
I cheated - -`
Use a software change ME all ability to 85 and own 100M($100,000,000),and yet i select the hardest lvl
I want to know where i could find the manager of the mines ?

(in reply to Mercury199)
Post #: 2
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/11/2010 2:28:15 PM   
Mercury199

There is a guide to the miner strike at the link below:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1976439

(in reply to whitezen)
Post #: 3
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/12/2010 6:35:12 AM   
whitezen

Thanks. then , how many kind of endings in game ? where can i sell my weapon and eq ? where are these branch taskes (such as Box game . save girl . kill terriorists and so on in JA2 )?

(in reply to Mercury199)
Post #: 4
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/12/2010 1:40:49 PM   
Mercury199

Unfortunately you cannot, as far as I am aware, sell any extra wpns or eqpt.

Through reading the forums I believe there are four possible endings:

1) Working for the Client (Janus) if you just keep performing all the tasks he sets by email. I believe there is a twist at the end but won't spoil it if you don't know (I haven't got that far either BTW)

2) Switching to the Butsi.  You can start this storyline during the safari map by speaking to the named civilian character (not the one you are supposed to rescue) but if you don't you can still switch at the RR stn by speaking to Louis and he will initiate the tribal storyline and new locations will be revealed. I think you have to speak to someone at the village and free 'Shammy' from somewhere. Haven't done this either!!

3) Marauders. In the Safari map if you speak to the marauder leader and have sufficient intimidation skills he may offer you the chance to join and open up that line of events.  If you do then you will have to kill all the civvies including the fella you are supposed to rescue thus setting Janus against you. Not sure how this pans out later in the game.

4) Dictator.  It is possible from the first map, once you have the passport from the Officer, to navigate your way to the Palace and speak to the Dictator who will offer you 500k to switch allegiance and work for him instead. I think you can do this at any time during the game, unless you kill him of course.  This alienates the faction you were currently working for.  You get another interesting ending for this one too. Waitress, service please!

Also you need to be aware that if you switch sides all the areas you have taken, except the N road and Safari, will stay with the faction you captured them for, meaning you will have to recapture in order to get the income back.

This is all based on what I have read on the forum as I am still on my first campaign.  Currently, I am following the JANUS storyline and have taken N Road, Safari, Roadblock, RR Station, Road to Airport and the Airport. He is so pleased with me, surely he will reward me!!

I hope my collation of other peoples' work helps

(in reply to whitezen)
Post #: 5
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/14/2010 12:22:01 PM   
whitezen

thanks !
i wonder if there is a 5th way that you can own the country()
maybe ....

(in reply to Mercury199)
Post #: 6
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/15/2010 2:46:01 AM   
Reinforce

I recall someone saying there was an ending with you as the leader... I don't remember where it was posted on here though. Hmmm.. I think I'll need to try that. Just go crazy and shoot everyone and see what happends.

Much Love,
Reinforce

(in reply to whitezen)
Post #: 7
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 2/15/2010 7:12:07 AM   
whitezen

congratulate !
i hope so too

(in reply to Reinforce)
Post #: 8
RE: Community has saved this game for me - 3/4/2010 12:16:05 AM   
Stealth_Hitman

there is only 4 endings and you can see them all in one of the game folders.

(in reply to whitezen)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Community has saved this game for me Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI