Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CS Convoys?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> CS Convoys? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CS Convoys? - 3/8/2010 5:33:19 PM   
foliveti

Since the patch my CS convoys have been acting strangely. If the base being supplied has excess resources, the CS convoy will automatically pick them up for the return voyage. Then the convoy gets back to the port of origin, it will not unload the resources. If there is capacity it will load supplies, but then it sends the convoy back to the destination port with supplies and resources, or just round tripping the resources.

Is there some way of modifying this so that either resources are not picked up or unloaded when they get back to the point of origin?

Frank
Post #: 1
RE: CS Convoys? - 3/8/2010 5:45:31 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: foliveti

Since the patch my CS convoys have been acting strangely. If the base being supplied has excess resources, the CS convoy will automatically pick them up for the return voyage. Then the convoy gets back to the port of origin, it will not unload the resources. If there is capacity it will load supplies, but then it sends the convoy back to the destination port with supplies and resources, or just round tripping the resources.

Is there some way of modifying this so that either resources are not picked up or unloaded when they get back to the point of origin?

Doesn't sound good. Can you post a save with a CS convoy about to reach it's home port (in the Tech Support THread).

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 2
RE: CS Convoys? - 3/8/2010 5:48:27 PM   
foliveti

I will do that when I get home from work tonight.

Frank

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: CS Convoys? - 3/8/2010 6:09:32 PM   
Don Bowen

A quick scan of the code shows nothing obvious. If you happen to have it, it would be great if you could also post a save of the TF about to reach it's original resource load point.

That is, if the TF is CS between Base A and Base B, i'd love to see a save where it is about to reach Base A and another where it is about to reach Base B. Save a ton of work.

(in reply to foliveti)
Post #: 4
RE: CS Convoys? - 3/9/2010 5:24:15 AM   
Don Bowen

Yes, there is a problem.

The unload of the returned cargo gets tripped up with the load of the CS cargo. It's not actually loading more resources at Calcutta, it's just full of resources so it can not load more supplies.

Will work up a fix.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 5
RE: CS Convoys? - 3/9/2010 6:15:41 PM   
DeriKuk

Thank you. I was noticing similarly weird things, but chose to work around them.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> CS Convoys? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI