Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  639 640 [641] 642 643   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:40:11 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Looks like I'm in the market for a new car insurance company after 22 years.  My wife was backed into by another car in a parking lot for less than $1000 damages.  Police report clearly stated that the other driver backed into my wife.  We fronted the $250 deductible while waiting for the claim to be settled.  Turns out the other driver is in the same "good hands" that we are.  They chose to ignore the findings of the police report, even after I appealed the decision, and split the fault 50-50.  We eat the $250, which makes my wife furious.  Then, today I get my new policy and see a fairly hefty rate increase due to the "liable claim", which infuriates me.  

I stayed with State Farm by default after I left my parent's umbrella some time ago. They've always been very good to work with, particularly on our homeowner's side.

July 5 of 2008 saw my wife total our old car in a major MVA. Two idiot teenagers (PUNKS-see the Geezer thread) turned in front of her in an intersection and she T-boned 'em as she proceeded straight through on the green. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

State Farm settled with us very quickly for the fair market value of the car and included the value of the child safety seats inside the car that were rendered unusable in the wreck. Furthermore, as the other drivers were 100% at fault, they went after the other drivers' insurance company in an effort to reimburse our initial $500 collision deductable. They handled all the legal paperwork and we did have our deductable returned to us by their efforts.

We've had major damage to our homes and cars caused by a Tornado / hail in two of the past three years ($30,000 / $5,500 / $3,500, respectively). They've been very easy and helpful to work with. Easier than contractors, that's for darn sure.

Never a hint of raising our premiums, in spite of all of these issues. I haven't compared rates in a while, but when I did a few years ago they were competitive. When combined with the loyal service, I've got no reason to consider going elsewhere.

They had some major problems in Florida when I was there. If I recall the state insurance commission had to step on them rather severly after thei conduct during hurricane Andrew. Bruce, do you recall anything about it?

Hurricane Andrew was....are you ready for this...nearly 20 years ago, Steve.

Regardless, they've done right by me for the last 20 years.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19201
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:40:41 PM   
Chickenboy

Ooh! Looky! A new page for me...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19202
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:44:55 PM   
USSAmerica

Parole - Tithe. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19203
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:48:11 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt
As an example (one of so many), we had a storm in France 1 week ago. 50 deads. THousand of house flooded.
There was on TV news the example of a familly wich received a letter from insurrances saying they won't give so much money because it was not on the contract .

Hi Gladiatt,

We've definitely had that problem here too. The classic one is where a company pays for 'wind-blown rain' damage, but *will not* pay for flood coverage. In cases of hurricane, there's a great deal of arguing about whether or not the water damage in the house was caused by tidal surge flooding or the roof being ripped off the house and rain water causing the damage.

Since most residents still had coverage against fire, New Orleans saw a rash of...erm...spontaneous house fires in the months to follow the catastrophe. All accidental, of course.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 19204
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 9:52:11 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

quote:

As an example (one of so many), we had a storm in France 1 week ago. 50 deads. THousand of house flooded.
There was on TV news the example of a familly wich received a letter from insurrances saying they won't give so much money because it was not on the contract .

Hi Gladiatt,

We've definitely had that problem here too. The classic one is where a company pays for 'wind-blown rain' damage, but *will not* pay for flood coverage. In cases of hurricane, there's a great deal of arguing about whether or not the water damage in the house was caused by tidal surge flooding or the roof being ripped off the house and rain water causing the damage.

Since most residents still had coverage against fire, New Orleans saw a rash of...erm...spontaneous house fires in the months to follow the catastrophe. All accidental, of course.

Didn't knew this one.
But it seem New Orleans house are so inflamable

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19205
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:09:26 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Looks like I'm in the market for a new car insurance company after 22 years.  My wife was backed into by another car in a parking lot for less than $1000 damages.  Police report clearly stated that the other driver backed into my wife.  We fronted the $250 deductible while waiting for the claim to be settled.  Turns out the other driver is in the same "good hands" that we are.  They chose to ignore the findings of the police report, even after I appealed the decision, and split the fault 50-50.  We eat the $250, which makes my wife furious.  Then, today I get my new policy and see a fairly hefty rate increase due to the "liable claim", which infuriates me.  

I stayed with State Farm by default after I left my parent's umbrella some time ago. They've always been very good to work with, particularly on our homeowner's side.

July 5 of 2008 saw my wife total our old car in a major MVA. Two idiot teenagers (PUNKS-see the Geezer thread) turned in front of her in an intersection and she T-boned 'em as she proceeded straight through on the green. Luckily no one was seriously hurt.

State Farm settled with us very quickly for the fair market value of the car and included the value of the child safety seats inside the car that were rendered unusable in the wreck. Furthermore, as the other drivers were 100% at fault, they went after the other drivers' insurance company in an effort to reimburse our initial $500 collision deductable. They handled all the legal paperwork and we did have our deductable returned to us by their efforts.

We've had major damage to our homes and cars caused by a Tornado / hail in two of the past three years ($30,000 / $5,500 / $3,500, respectively). They've been very easy and helpful to work with. Easier than contractors, that's for darn sure.

Never a hint of raising our premiums, in spite of all of these issues. I haven't compared rates in a while, but when I did a few years ago they were competitive. When combined with the loyal service, I've got no reason to consider going elsewhere.

They had some major problems in Florida when I was there. If I recall the state insurance commission had to step on them rather severly after thei conduct during hurricane Andrew. Bruce, do you recall anything about it?

Hurricane Andrew was....are you ready for this...nearly 20 years ago, Steve.

Regardless, they've done right by me for the last 20 years.

Despite the fact that I started a geezer thread CB, I do still know how to use a callender.Same company . Same place. The conditions don't occur every year or we wouldn't have insurance. So we go back to the couple of disasters. What's their track record? I honestly don't know. What does surprise me is that it's not every day a state gives a time out to one of the biggest insurance companies (which I belive was a Florida company) because of perceived misconduct.

I'm delighted that you've had good luck with the company , and sincerely hope that you have continued good luck. But bad experinces with several insurance companies , plus my own experinces as an insurance salesman (well over 25 years ago) make me very,very cautious with companies. The absolute only thing you have to go on is reputation. If a company wants to screw you , generally they can. The only things that keeps companies from doing that is 1) state insurance commissions that run the range of very good consumer advocates to virtual employees of the companies they are supposed to regulate. 2)customers with long memories.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19206
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:13:46 PM   
Grollub

G'night gents

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19207
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:17:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

G'night gents

Good night Per.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19208
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:26:12 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

quote:

G'night gents

Good night Per.

That's an idea.
Good night everyone

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19209
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:36:24 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

G'night gents

Good night Per.

That's an idea.
Good night everyone

Good night Eric.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 19210
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:38:07 PM   
AW1Steve

BTW , has anybody heard from Stuman? The last post was that he had food poisoning , then he dropped out of sight.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19211
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/8/2010 10:55:54 PM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

I like/d the electronic music og the 80's, especially OMD. They did the only album track I know featuring sonar/asdic pings.

So it was like horror music for you?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19212
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 2:38:12 AM   
Chickenboy

Interesting...no one here and it's only 8:38pm CST...

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19213
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 2:47:46 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

BTW , has anybody heard from Stuman? The last post was that he had food poisoning , then he dropped out of sight.

Steve, I emailed him via his profile a few days ago to see if everything was ok, but have not heard anything back.

Mike

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19214
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 2:48:27 AM   
Mynok

Not good.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19215
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 2:55:51 AM   
Chickenboy

Anybody have a RL non-email contact method for Stuman? Full name and city?

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19216
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 3:51:13 AM   
scott64

quote:

quote:

Steve, I emailed him via his profile a few days ago to see if everything was ok, but have not heard anything back.

I too done the same.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19217
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 3:52:34 AM   
scott64

quote:

I have been with State Farm for over 20 years and they have been very good to me.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19218
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 7:41:30 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Some quick shopping online has turned up Progressive Insurance Company with a very good quote for both of us, and both cars.  Same coverage is actually almost $300 less/6 months than my current Allstate policy, which would be increasing by $330/6 months in April. 

Anyone have any opinions or experience with Progressive? 

Yuri, any "expert" advice? 

PM sent.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19219
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 7:44:36 AM   
Dixie

Morning chaps 

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 19220
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 8:10:54 AM   
Grollub

Mornin' gents.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19221
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 8:22:48 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19222
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 8:26:47 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

It is snowing here... (BTW, did I mention 2+ weeks ago that we have springtime with +15 degrees Centigrade and beautiful sun and blue skies)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19223
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 10:21:42 AM   
sprior

Morning everyone

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19224
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 11:13:54 AM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

It is snowing here... (BTW, did I mention 2+ weeks ago that we have springtime with +15 degrees Centigrade and beautiful sun and blue skies)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Spring has arrived here. 66 degrees F yesterday, with lots of sunshine, and 70 F forecast for today.

Mike

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 19225
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 11:14:15 AM   
USSAmerica

Good morning - Tithe. 

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19226
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 11:52:27 AM   
AW1Steve

Tithe....

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 19227
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 12:12:12 PM   
Odin

Hello guys.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19228
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 1:06:23 PM   
Terminus

Very sick tithe...

But hey, it's not all bad... The security image text I just had to type to log on to the forum said "DIQAXE". Make of that what you will...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Odin)
Post #: 19229
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/9/2010 1:31:24 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Very sick tithe...

But hey, it's not all bad... The security image text I just had to type to log on to the forum said "DIQAXE". Make of that what you will...

Seems to be for more than 18 years, no ?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19230
Page:   <<   < prev  639 640 [641] 642 643   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  639 640 [641] 642 643   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI