Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  645 646 [647] 648 649   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 7:59:42 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

A little late to close the blast doors now......

S'okay. I'm done.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19381
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:01:25 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Kinda pathetic that he said "sorry if this sounds anti-semitic". It didn't "sound" like it, it WAS.

Being one of the "chosen people", I find it amusing to listen to a reasoned, educated antisemite's arguments (and I've seen a few). But this turd doesnt even have a logical path.

Makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer accuses Jerry of hating dentists.

"You're a rabid anti-dentite!"

Never could get into Seinfeld. The sup at my old work was a crazy fan and I missed a lot of inside jokes that way. I got back at him by quoting that line (closely relating to supervisory duties) from Saving Private Ryan, which he never saw.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19382
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:02:35 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Just dropped in on the who started the First World War thread 

You didn't seriously need to do so, did you? Wasn't one look at the idiotic title enough?

In his defense, it did start off as an interesting discussion. Whose fault is it that its impossible to have a serious, academic discussion on any topic more involved than beer for fear that it will attract the sewer dwellers?

I couldn't agree more. Everyone knows that American microbrews are the best in the world. Full stop.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 19383
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:03:31 PM   
Mynok

Close all blast doors!!!!

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19384
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:05:09 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I couldn't agree more. Everyone knows that American microbrews are the best in the world. Full stop.

I don't know what is microbrews, but i know what is brew: it's the beer !
And from anywhere, a beer is always welcome ;
good evening gentlemens

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19385
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:06:03 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

A little late to close the blast doors now......

S'okay. I'm done.

New page.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 19386
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:07:02 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You didn't seriously need to do so, did you? Wasn't one look at the idiotic title enough?

In his defense, it did start off as an interesting discussion. Whose fault is it that its impossible to have a serious, academic discussion on any topic more involved than beer for fear that it will attract the sewer dwellers?

More like a screeching halt. I simply cannot discuss such a valuable topic with someone devoid of tastebuds.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19387
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:07:20 PM   
gladiatt

Brother Mynok, i take advantage of seeing you there to thank you, bowing to the floor, for this really COOL avatar !

Thanks a lot

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19388
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:07:28 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Close all blast doors!!!!

Why?

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 19389
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:07:36 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bah! It's not that they're the best. It's the fact that most American beer is terrible, so the microbrews seem like the best beer in the world

Not that I care, I don't drink. And when I did it was either rum or cider

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19390
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:09:25 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

I don't know what is microbrews, but i know what is brew: it's the beer !
And from anywhere, a beer is always welcome ;
good evening gentlemens

Simply put a microbrew is a beer made by a small brewery. Back in the 80s, some folks in the US got sick of drinking Bud and Coors and decided to make their own. Some are quite good (which wouldnt stop me from busting CB's chops) but very region-specific.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 19391
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:10:27 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

And he was also too cowardly to own up to being a Nazi. He believes the Jews started WWI, and he believes the "Stab in the Back" myth. Two firm pillars of Nazi ideology. That, along with the aforementioned cowardice, is three strikes and you're out, Adolf.

To be fair to the OP, someone should have asked him if he would like to annex the Sudatenland to suss his views. Wouldn't that have been a bigger 'give away'?

[Tip of the hat to the MP record with the gameshow asking contestants what they would do if they were Hitler. Contestant #1's response was paraphrased above. I don't recall Contestant #2's response, because the radio was being turned off / smashed (?) by a pepper pot as a segue to another sketch. As she turned it off, she screamed, "Liberal rubbish!". ]

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19392
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:10:57 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Bah! It's not that they're the best. It's the fact that most American beer is terrible, so the microbrews seem like the best beer in the world

What do brits think of Newcastle, Dix?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19393
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:12:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

AHA! Sewer dweller! Sewer dweller!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19394
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:13:11 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

And he was also too cowardly to own up to being a Nazi. He believes the Jews started WWI, and he believes the "Stab in the Back" myth. Two firm pillars of Nazi ideology. That, along with the aforementioned cowardice, is three strikes and you're out, Adolf.

To be fair to the OP, someone should have asked him if he would like to annex the Sudatenland to suss his views. Wouldn't that have been a bigger 'give away'?

[Tip of the hat to the MP record with the gameshow asking contestants what they would do if they were Hitler. Contestant #1's response was paraphrased above. I don't recall Contestant #2's response, because the radio was being turned off / smashed (?) by a pepper pot as a segue to another sketch. As she turned it off, she screamed, "Liberal rubbish!". ]

If I was Hitler: I'd have read celeb magazines, watched reality TV and soap operas, worn shellsuits and made prisons comfortable places to stay. Then all those things would be unpopular in the modern world

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19395
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:14:59 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

Newcastle? As in the city of the Brown? If it's the city, then it's full of people who have strange accents. If it's the Newcastle Brown, I'd say it's got a smallish, but dedicated (almost cult) following.

Bigger boys stole my sig

Post #: 19396
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:15:42 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

AHA! Sewer dweller! Sewer dweller!

Sewerphobe!

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19397
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:21:49 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Newcastle? As in the city of the Brown? If it's the city, then it's full of people who have strange accents. If it's the Newcastle Brown, I'd say it's got a smallish, but dedicated (almost cult) following.

This stuff. It happens to be one of the most widely available dark beers around where I live aside from Guinness (which I think is awful).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19398
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:22:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Sewerphobe!

Is that a bad thing?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19399
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:22:45 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

If I was Hitler: I'd have read celeb magazines, watched reality TV and soap operas, worn shellsuits and made prisons comfortable places to stay. Then all those things would be unpopular in the modern world

Is it Woody Allen, wich in one of his film, make this statement:

"When i hear Wagner, i want to invade Poland"

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19400
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:24:42 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

Sewerphobe!

Is that a bad thing?

Whilst I'm not a sewer dweller, I'd like to point sewer dwellers are a proud people with a rich heritage. Just because their customs may seem strange to others does not make them less of a people. They actually lead the world in many areas of social welfare and education.

Bigger boys stole my sig

Post #: 19401
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:25:28 PM   
sprior

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This stuff. It happens to be one of the most widely available dark beers around where I live aside from Guinness (which I think is awful).

Nukey Pukey!

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 19402
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:25:34 PM   
Terminus

Well brothers, time for me to turn in. I leave you with this little tidbit:

A patient called in to the department today, to say that she wanted to cancel a scheduled fitting of a cardiac event recorder, a small device we use to monitor patients over a period of one week, looking for connections between fainting episodes and anomalous cardiac activity.

Her reason: she didn't want her friends to see her wearing it when she went partying over the weekend.

She was 18 years old, and although I didn't see her through the telephone, I can only assume she was very, VERY blond.

The nurse who took the call successfully talked her out of her dumb blond attack, but still...

G'night...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19403
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:28:10 PM   
sprior

If I was Hitler I'd ditch Eva Braun and keep the English sisters. That would have curbed his excessive violence and he'd have been cool too, instead of a sad little wanker.

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19404
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:31:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sewerphobe!

Is that a bad thing?

Whilst I'm not a sewer dweller, I'd like to point sewer dwellers are a proud people with a rich heritage. Just because their customs may seem strange to others does not make them less of a people. They actually lead the world in many areas of social welfare and education.

So do nazis.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19405
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:32:38 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Nukey Pukey!

Well, now we know what some Brits think about it.

Why so, Simon?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 19406
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:34:15 PM   
sprior

Drink enough and you will!

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 19407
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:38:29 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Well brothers, time for me to turn in. I leave you with this little tidbit:

A patient called in to the department today, to say that she wanted to cancel a scheduled fitting of a cardiac event recorder, a small device we use to monitor patients over a period of one week, looking for connections between fainting episodes and anomalous cardiac activity.

Her reason: she didn't want her friends to see her wearing it when she went partying over the weekend.

She was 18 years old, and although I didn't see her through the telephone, I can only assume she was very, VERY blond.

The nurse who took the call successfully talked her out of her dumb blond attack, but still...

G'night...

It's like epileptics that don't take their medication so they can go out drinking...

Please see my apology re: carbon-based life forms a few posts back...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 19408
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:40:58 PM   
Chickenboy

By the way, every time I see Newcastle Ale, I think of the 'old school' poultry disease of Newcastle Disease (specifically, the viscerotropic velogenic form).

Sorry-some poultry veterinarian reminiscing for 'ya.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19409
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/11/2010 8:41:57 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sewerphobe!

Is that a bad thing?

So do nazis.

Oh no no...their strange customs DO make them less of a people in my mind.

Post #: 19410
Page:   <<   < prev  645 646 [647] 648 649   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  645 646 [647] 648 649   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI